or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Thanks for the kind words!Nope, Apple locks that down. You cannot, as an example, plug directly into a printer, a USB enabled mixer, headphones, external storage, et al. It's strictly meant as an interface from the little Apple world of the device to the big Apple world of iTunes in the sky.iPad is wholly dependent upon another computer. That's what keeps it from being "revolutionary," and simply a great big huge iPod Touch with better software. Because it must have...
Precisely. Having a USB port on the iPad would allow the use of a USB headset, for example, to make Skype calls, even when you're using a BT keyboard. Connect a camera or camcorder. USB thumb drive. Game controllers. Printers. The list is endless because the world connects via USB. Apple should know better - they started the USB IO revolution. This is not an iPad thing; to me, this is an Apple thing. The MacBook Air is basically the world's most expensive USB port....
The discussion wasn't about syncing, it was about external volumes. It would be nice to be able to plug a USB thumb drive in and capture a file. I don't want an iPad if I always must rely on iTunes on another computer, that really dumbs down the device.This doesn't make sense to me. Why then was Schiller's presentation really focused on Keynote file creation? The whole whiz-bang gesture invention is specifically targeted for creation on iPad. I grew so frustrated trying to...
Not for hard drives.
I agree about the USB port. What is it with Apple and their disdain for IO? They won't even let developer's use the 30 pin port to create an external hardware USB path. Not sold on the need for a camera or iSight, although it would be a cool way to have video telecons. Maybe in a future higher end model... Here's hoping multiple windows can be open simultaneously and referenced in order to move data from an Excel cost worksheet to a Word doc where we would be creating a...
I believe you mean "...before you're trolled..." FYI & have a great day!
I am hoping this tablet will actually allow users such as myself to get some real work done, rather than simply being a dedicated device outlet to sell me media.
By recent, you must mean 8 years running.
Whew! Good thing they weren't listening to you back when they released the PowerBook 140.
Yes! Of course! I want the stupid course navigated! It must be stupid or I'm not for it! You're brilliant, naturally, it's just remarkable how the fog of negative discourse simply dissipates when you walk into a room. All hail! Dude, stop putting words in people's mouths, it's highly unsanitary. I never mentioned the engineering or construction, I only noted this worn aluminum look is 8 years old now & I'm bored with it. Yawn. I know a bunch of guys and gals who are sick...