or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Whew! Good thing they weren't listening to you back when they released the PowerBook 140.
Yes! Of course! I want the stupid course navigated! It must be stupid or I'm not for it! You're brilliant, naturally, it's just remarkable how the fog of negative discourse simply dissipates when you walk into a room. All hail! Dude, stop putting words in people's mouths, it's highly unsanitary. I never mentioned the engineering or construction, I only noted this worn aluminum look is 8 years old now & I'm bored with it. Yawn. I know a bunch of guys and gals who are sick...
So they'd end up with silvery aluminum enclosures and glossy screens? Why be different? I wish Apple would hire Ive to update their 7 or 8 year old laptop line... 7 or 8 years in the electronics industry is like 412 dog years, I believe. Think Same.
Eh, no worries, thanks for the kind words, however. It's all as exciting as that thrilling iPhone OS X notification I've come to love and admire: "NOTHING TO UNDO - CANCEL." I mean, if there's nothing to undo, why must I cancel? And if nothing actually happened, what is it specifically I am canceling? I guess we're all canceling much to do about nuthin' Strange. Yet another mystery of life...
Interesting speculation... It would also be cool if you could rotate the unit, so you could read text in vertical mode instead of wide screen video mode. Less scrolling. More info displayed on the screen. To really benefit the business user, the machine would need to allow multiple apps to be open and copying/pasting between windows/apps - e.g., you'd need to open that spreadsheet, copy parts of some data, put it into a new spreadsheet, create a table or chart and plop...
Does this tablet make my butt look fat?
I am baffled by your "anti-iPhone OS camp" comment. I am not anti-iPhone OS. Never said so, ever. It's fine, works on my phone just peachy. I was responding to a poster who noted that his MacBook was getting a bit heavy, like mine has become. We were postulating how this rumored tablet might be substituted in our world for a more compact portable platform (the MBA is thin, not compact - it's footprint is still 13" or 30% larger than a 10" product). In order to do so, and...
I agree about the MacBook 13". The problem I can see that is pending on this slate is that it's rumored to run iPhone & not OS X, so modifying / creating Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, reports in PDF format, etc. & et al, really becomes problematic. How would a guy deliver a PPT to a roomful of customer engineers? Knowing Apple, they'll either be some sort of custom display output port which will require another cable to tote around. However, if...
I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate. I am disappointed in you, MobileMe. You're unfairly and childishly blowing my previously recounted dream machine all out of proportion here - yet again. I never asked for any of the absurd elements you wrote about, and especially never asked for anything that was "the size of a MacBook Air." Actually, completely the opposite. I noted the MBA had too large a footprint and it's LCD was 30% larger than what I was shopping...
Well, it's certainly possible. You could speculate that unlike the MB or Pro versions, the Air delivers something different signal-wise to the miniDP port which doesn't get interpreted or converted properly by the VGA adapter. However, it also didn't work with the miniDP to DVI cable. On OS X Leopard on the Fujitsu, the InFocus worked just like on the MB or MBP. I could not tell you precisely why it didn't work, I was only regurgitating the speculation of the Mac Guru at...