or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Only assembly. The castings and precision machined parts are made in Japan.
Not for very long. I agree with his assessment. Car manufacturers were looking for something to give them a leg up in the feature race & Microsoft was financing the implementation. It was what was available at the time, chosen for that benefit more than anything else.   iOS gives auto makers a much more robust environment & infrastructure, backed by the leading smart phone handset in the market. iTunes is a very major force here. Hand's free voice activation via Siri...
Oh no kidding. It's pathetic. Worse than texting & driving. No way you can locate anything you haven't done 1,000x before without pulling over on to the shoulder.   Siri will blow Microsoft Sync away - it's made for the car.   The auto industry is not shy about switching horses in mid-stream. An earlier poster seemed to think Apple (or anyone new) would not be able to "crack" the market, due to embedded vendors and old decisions. Neither of those are significant barriers...
It's merely an opportunity to humiliate members of your own peer group, drink beer, and hand out cash.
Absolutely agreed.  
I can see many people liking notifications. I find them distracting and I dislike applications moving to the front, interrupting my work (because they're so much more important than me, I guess). As long as the interruptions can be disabled, there's no harm.   Pushing updates via force-feeding is another thing. That would NOT be cool. It can quickly turn into a major mess.  
I dislike it when the machine decides for me that the software I need & use every day is going to get an alteration. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Updates are constantly breaking things. New versions are quite often never as good as their predecessors.   I am hoping that the disabling of this blind robot "feature" actually works, and sticks, and is not in any way like Adobe's preferences, where whatever decision I make is apparently ignored by Adobe.  
Oh no kidding. I love it when an OS X folder reveals to me "Ethernet i...onous.txt," because I'm pretty sure that's the file I was lookin' for. I'm not 100% sure but it's still damned exciting to have finally found it anyway.   Auto-sizing of columns to accommodate what's being viewed (well, we're all trying to view it) should have happened 10.2 or 10.3. A Panther thing probably. Years later would be better than nuthin' tho...
Why did it take years and years and years for the iCal Dock icon to actually display the real (today's) date?   Why has it taken 10+ years for Apple to not fix the Finder?   The vendor's POV = what's the least amount of resources we can assign to generate the most amount of cash.
Well, that's why you didn't ask for that. Just because it won't help you doesn't mean it isn't needed.