or Connect

Posts by matt_s

I apologize if I sounded condescending, that was not what I intended. I just get tired when folks give Apple a free pass when they've plainly sat back on their laurels. They made a great design but that was 6, 7, 8 years ago. Enough is enough. Get on with it!Am I the only one who finds it strange that the company noted for their industrial design dishes out the same laptop design year after year after year? How is this innovative design practice? Don't confuse features...
I'm happy you folks don't expect too much from Apple... that way, you'll never be disappointed. The last 5 automobiles I bought were all different... perhaps similar brands, but they looked different. Thank heavens design still exists in that market! The last 3 houses I purchased were all very different, and looked different. Thank heavens design still exists in that market! The last five suits I bought all had trousers and jackets but they all looked different. I didn't...
Your response is very thoughtful, thank you. But I think you may be confusing features with design. Over these many years of stultified laptop design, Apple has elected to add features and benefits to the product line but has kept the exact same body and color. If the latch is magnetic or not, the PowerBook and/or the MacBook Pro looks just like it did before the new latch as it does after the new latch. Even the MacBook Air looks just like the MBP product line. Why do we...
I've added a lot here. Unlike you, I'm not looking for allies, I could care less if anyone agrees with me or not. All I want is a Mac laptop that doesn't look exactly like the Mac laptop I bought before that Mac laptop, and exactly like the one I bought before that one, and exactly like the one I bought before that one. You see, when I buy a new laptop, I'd like to think I'm actually buying a new laptop for my $3000, and not the same old same old same old thing we've all...
That's true, and I've already mentioned that here - the switcher who are buying up the laptops recently - spurring sales, a great thing for us stockholders - have not come back yet to buy their 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th Mac laptop. In my case, I started with a 165, went to 180C, had a Duo, a 1400c, a 3400c, a Wall Street, a Lombard, followed by a Pismo; then a Ti PowerBook, then an Al PowerBook G4, then an Aluminum Intel, then another Aluminum Intel, then another Aluminum Intel,...
Sorry, Apple doesn't pay me enough - or anything - to do their job for them. It's not my responsibility, it's not your responsibility. They need to do their job - the job they haven't been doing for quite some time. I vote with my cash. As soon as they stop dragging their feet, stop dishing out the same damned design like they have for the last 7 or 8 years, and get off their asses and design something new - [I}any damn thing will do![/I] - I just can't bring myself (nor...
You know, after just short of a damned decade, I don't think it's "expecting" too much for Apple to innovate and introduce something different. They've lived off their laurels for far too long. Again, I urge Apple to think anything different, we're all sick and tired of the same old same old. Time for change, baby. Don't make us throw a big hammer through the window of our neighborhood Apple Store!
Ugh. Lost their mojo, did they? Out of ideas, are they? Year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year, the same old laptop look. After 7-8 years and three aluminum laptops later, when I walked back into an Apple Store to buy a new laptop, I couldn't believe that nothing in the Pro line had changed at all. I couldn't stand getting a new laptop that looked exactly like my old laptop. So, I bought...
I agree the designs have come as far as they can, they are old, worn-out and boring as hell. I want a new Mac laptop, but dammit, I want a new one! I can't take more of the same, over and over and over and over again. I'm not in love with plastic but I bought it because after 3 consecutive metal laptops from Apple, I had to have something different. It's wearing better than my aluminum Intel did, and it's been tougher. The top doesn't scratch. My wife has a 3-month old...
Ugh, I'm so tired of this metal product line. Sure, it was cool when I bought that Titanium G4 a hundred years ago. And it was still groovy when the first Aluminum G4 came home with me. But then, more aluminum this and more aluminum that... how long has it been, now? I'm thinking maybe 7 years? Maybe longer? So, early on this year, tired of the same-old designs from Apple year after year after year after year after year, I purchased a black 13" MacBook. You know, something...