or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Actually, the Al P-Book G4 was introduced at MacWorld 2000. I remember Jobs' keynote and standing in the Apple booth, playing with the model. So, we've essentially had the same platform design for 8 consecutive years. Groan. It's time for something new, anything new, please. The company once known for cool packaging and innovation has been stagnant here for almost a decade. C'mon... BTW, my black MacBook's airport range extends over 100' further into our backyard than my...
Ha! Good line. Of course, we all know that Apple's thumb didn't get very green until just recently after taking a hammering in the press & elsewhere... meanwhile, the aluminum enclosure product line has been around since, when? The 13th century? Seems like it
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I understand what you're saying & you could be right-on here. But consider for a second that they've already dumped a boatload of screws into holding that battery in place, so there's a good opportunity here to even reduce the overall screw quantity on the BOM. Fewer screws = less space, less weight, less labor, less cost. There are batteries available at similar power specs that absorb different spacial dimensions, horizontal and vertical....
Why does the battery need a case? That takes up unnecessary space (hey, that rhymes!) . Example: it could be like a cell phone battery. Put a simple, space-saving access panel on the bottom of the MBA. Some cell phone batteries are just taped with leads to a miniature connector. There are a lot more space restrictions in cell phones and somehow, they manage to make batteries user-replaceable without removing 10 screws and violating your warranty. The MBA is not the result...
Oh, ok, cool... I misunderstood - I thought you removed that stuff whilst trimming the sides! I still don't understand the whole battery thing they did, it's just bizarre. I mean, the battery is there, it's already eating up the space. Why not make it replaceable? Does making the battery replaceable negatively impact sales of other products? I can't see how. I understand why they stripped Bluetooth functionality out of Address Book when they went from Tiger to Leper... no...
No video out? How do road warriors do presentations?Big hurdle still exists on battery replacement. I know Steve travels on that corporate jet that Apple bought for him, so he has no worries - or maybe he's still using that Sony notebook of his - but the rest of us can't always afford Business or First Class.Looks good, tho...
Hmmm, let me guess - you bought one How did I know that? Hehehe... hey, congrats, and I am very pleased that you are pleased with your purchase. Enjoy, enjoy. This isn't about you, so take a deep breath, man. No worries, dude, anyone willing to spend that kind of money for a de-featured machine needs to either take some sort of sleeping medication each and every night or do whatever they can to defend an indefensible position. This of course is all in fun big feller....
I like it. Very clever. You put more thought into this than Apple did. Remember, you're being criticized here by the same people who would pay almost $3000 for a machine with one lousy USB port. So, let 'em whine I'm sick and tired of the whole used up metal design platform. It was cool when I got my Titanium G4 and then two aluminum PowerBook G4 15's and then an aluminum PowerBook G4 12" model. Same tired old packaging year after year after year. It's getting...
Hmmm, they're having a hard time finding people willing to pay nearly $3,000 for one USB port? Tough to figure.
This is awesome, cracks me up. iTunes 8 will not only keep your music locked down, totally inaccessible and fully secure from you or anyone else - but will also listen to it for you, so you won't have to anymore. Think of all the time you'll save! Homeland iPhoto Version will use face recognition technology to scan your Library, and will automatically email the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI if your face or any faces in your collection match those in a...