or Connect

Posts by matt_s

This is awesome, cracks me up. iTunes 8 will not only keep your music locked down, totally inaccessible and fully secure from you or anyone else - but will also listen to it for you, so you won't have to anymore. Think of all the time you'll save! Homeland iPhoto Version will use face recognition technology to scan your Library, and will automatically email the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI if your face or any faces in your collection match those in a...
OK, this has not been scientific so far but here's what I've done: I spoke with 86 users at the Apple Store at Aspen Grove. These were Leper users. I spoke with 117 users at the Apple Store in Cherry Creek. These were Leper users, too. If they didn't have 10.5 installed on their machines, I didn't want their inputs. I asked all 203 users if they thought Stacks jutting out of the Dock looked like a curvy penis and here are the results: 201 - yes 2 - not...
Wish I had time for that (NOT)!!!!! RE: grid view ... thanks, I believe you're referring to where we get force-fed icon view in some weird pinkish brownish sort of window, right? Man, that's one ugly sucker. Really hard to navigate folders with hundreds of folders within it via this monstrosity - exactly where folks need the most help navigating, it becomes the most worthless. Not only does this methodology look awful but brings little value. As far as I'm concerned, the...
Yes, I know what a leper is, thank you. I was deploying a simple homograph; Leopard as Tiger after parts of it just fell off... you know, the old "face off in the corner" joke... I thought it was mildly amusing considering how de-featured 10.5 turned out to be...
From Macintouch today: "Justin Hawkwood's Old Folder 1.0.0 adds a folder icon to the Leopard Dock that features Tiger-style hierarchical menu access to a selected folder (such as the Documents folder). Old Folder is free (donations welcome) for Mac OS X 10.5." All I can say about this is: YES! Thank you! Now if some enterprising software author would bring back Bluetooth functionality to Address Book, Leper would be close to Tiger. Another de-feature! I hear you about...
Well done. I'd add: 8. Return Bluetooth functionality to the Address Book. I cannot understand why this was removed. 9. Allow management of the Finder window left hand pane. I know this might mean that everything isn't iTunesy anymore but seriously, the OS could use a little less teenage glitter. 10. Every time the OS senses an install, permissions should automatically be rebuilt/repaired. Why is this even abandoned to the user base after all these years? 11. Update...
Yes, the jutting "penis-curve" of Stacks is remarkably annoying and is little if any help in navigating folders containing many hundreds of other folders. Clicking on a Dock ƒ means being force-fed icon view in one damned ugly pinkish window. What is that all about?
Consider yourself lucky! Now, if I could only figure out how to mangle the preference file for Stacks...
Some in this thread say Leper is the best OS ever, yet for some it's the worst.Chances are it lands somewhere right in the middle :-)Stability-wise, I find it excellent. Solid. I like the security features, there are some smart moves here and some revolutionary ones, some of which few people in the media really understand.Under the hood there are some fabulous changes, solid and smart ideas.The UI is a bit rough, but that's just my personal opinion. I do not like the...
Yep. Just do this, just do that, if YOU WORK HARD ENOUGH, do what we say, keep your chin up high, and do all the right things you're supposed to do, modify this and modify that, well, maybe then the OS will be decent enough for you to stomach. Well, guess what? I just don't subscribe to that notion. My deep seated problem is that I've been an Mac OS user for over 23 years. I learned to expect better. But I'm not one of those OS 9 or bust guys; I've been an early X adopter...