or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Well, that's why you didn't ask for that. Just because it won't help you doesn't mean it isn't needed.
I understand your concern but I don't think it requires all that much power. It doesn't need to be refreshed every nanosecond - just occasionally, making an extremely mitigated impact on battery life. Android does this simply, I think Apple could do it better (if they bothered to). It's just ridiculous that it wasn't designed that way in the first place - but remember how long it took Apple (years) just to change the Dock icon of iCal to reflect today's date.   They can...
Perhaps. It would still be nice if it displayed the actual temperature & weather at the current location. It's a bit ridiculous that's it's always 73 no matter what. So much for "smart" phone. eh? ;-)
  I'd still like to know why the Weather app always reports 73 degrees. Does 73 stand for 1973, first Apple machine?
Remember when the Dock icon for iCal was finally improved to show today's date?   It would be nice if the Weather app icon in iOS actually noted the temperature. Why is it always 73 degrees?
  It's true, he's not the most accomplished software designer. Certainly not as accomplished as he is a hardware guru, judging by all his awards. Doesn't mean he can't get it done.   However, if Mac OS X 10.8.3, or OSX 10.8.3 or whatever they're calling this piece of shit was done by experienced and polished Apple OS engineers, then I'm all for having someone else - ANYONE ELSE - have a go at it. Why not Jony?   Maybe he will deliver an OS that doesn't obscure...
Being the little guy in America means just getting screwed over by the big boys. You can work hard, develop something and even patent it properly, but the corporations with the deep pockets can simply steal virtually anything they like. It's not a level playing field and hasn't been for decades.
Yes, George Will predicted a "321-217 Romney landslide." How wrong can one man be? To get to root cause, I think we need to follow the bullshit. As a former Republican, it is a bit clearer to me. It's apparent that Democrats & Independents believe that fundamentalist Republicans have a great desire to tell people how to live and what to do - and are full of it, to the brim. Americans have an inherent dislike of being told what to do. Let's look at where Republicans...
Apple achieved a great deal of market respectability when they switched to Intel, and it did drive sales for awhile. Intel spends a lot of money on marketing. But today, I'm not sure if it matters all that much what's under the hood. If anything, the graphics will improve making a switch away from Intel.   What I'm most concerned about is the gradual and seemingly inevitable rush towards the melding of OS X and iOS. Some functional overlap and interoperability can be...
  It's an all or nothing thing. You either sign up to allow Facebook access to your contacts list, or you don't. Doesn't appear to be any limiting preference options. So, you don't need to turn it off, just don't turn it on.