or Connect

Posts by matt_s

It's an all or nothing thing. You either sign up to allow Facebook access to your contacts list, or you don't. Doesn't appear to be any limiting preference options. So, you don't need to turn it off, just don't turn it on.  
  Agreed 110%. In 10.8.2, Apple has teamed with Facebook to grant the latter access to our Contacts, what used to be much more elegantly known as Address Book.   Facebook gets access to our Contacts list. Not just those on Facebook but all of them - business and personal. Every single one.   Hey, what possibly could go wrong here?  
There's gotta be an App for that!
Agreed, and the more I read about ML the more anxious I am to have it get here, now that it appears that many of the iOSification elements & crap apps can be turned-off. Just having the damn scroll bars beefed up to make them more responsive is worth $30 right there! Moose, Rocco, help the Judge find his checkbook!!! I'm getting tired of having to Option-drag a scroll bar in Lion's Mail, in order to get some finer granularity in the scrolling. Regarding Save & Save As,...
Do you have anything of value to add? Otherwise, why bother?
Mountain Lion is not a Mac OS X OS upgrade, it's nothing more than an "iPad apps for Lion" app pack.
Honestly, get with it. I have no qualms or issues with innovation. It's good for my Apple stock. This is not OS X innovation. And it's great Apple's selling lots of iPads and iPhones. It's super duper, really. But to me, that has zero to do with Mac OS X. When I paid for all the Apple computers in our lab and across our office, and there's a boatload of them, I expected a robust OS X, not iOS. If I had wanted iPads at each workstation, I would have purchased iPads at each...
Because we're getting no substance. It's all fluff and it's all been done before. Notes, Reminders, Notifications, Cloud Integration, Code signing, Airplay Mirroring are all copies - regurgitations - of what's already available, what's already been done in iOS. This isn't OS X innovation. It's OS X trivialization.Where are the xHCI USB3.0 drivers? Do we get an up-to-date OpenGL, or more of the same old crapola? Where's Mountain Lion server? Can we span multiple monitors...
Agreed, I don't want my MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Pros and PowerMacs reduced to cheap cell phone functionality or iPad functionality best suited to novice users. I don't blame Apple for going after the consumer business but I dislike "upgrades" that actually de-feature the OS. I bought many of these powerful pro machines to do certain tasks in an efficient manner. I don't want them turned into consumer equipment. A wise shift here might be to use the different types of users...
Can't wait to have my $2500+ laptop act just like a $49 cell phone. Oh joy.