or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Wow, you just don't get it. Oh well. Here's wishing you & yours various & sundry merriments and much yuletide glee.
Then rename Preview so it's functionality once again matches up to it's moniker. If the new OS is indeed the Nanny, then drop all of this to the lowest common denominator (which is what Apple appears to be doing). Why would you even ask? Or even want to know? That's none of the damned computer's business. What I want to do with my files is MY BUSINESS. I absolutely hate being told what to do by a machine - especially when I used to be able to do something but now it's been...
That's the new Apple way. What used to take one finger on the down arrow now takes 2 fingers on the trackpad. I usually try to save my finger gestures for when somebody cuts me off on the highway My bad, I wasn't clear. Yes, I'd like the SAVE AS feature returned, and if they want, keep DUPLICATE &/or DUPLICATE & REVERT right there, it's not a problem. But stop de-featuring the OS! And fix the RETARD WINDOW, err, RESTART WINDOW. If I de-select this once, the computer should...
Yeah, scrolling on a tiny laptop monitor is a freaking necessity! Give us back these tools, puhleeze. And return the Address Book's 3-pane view. And return the sidebar & tiny calendar to iCal. And return SAVE AS, please. Especially to Preview. I mean, how can an application called Preview auto-destroy a photo, just because you rotated it to check something out? Doesn't Apple know what the word Preview means? And stop de-featuring MacOS X in your stumbling, bumbling rush to...
Thanks, stratokaster! You've got a great idea here, and it's already helped me better my Lion knowledge and speed up my work. My gripe is about uncontrolled scrolling. When I have Mail's new 3 pane look open, and the list of messages (thousands) in the middle, there's a tiny little scroll bar available just to the right of that middle window. When I try to scroll through these 2-line previewed messages, either nothing happens or I scroll thru 5,000 instantly. There's no...
Sirozha wrote: "...you must be too old for the innovations that came with Lion." Yeah, yeah, I'm sooooo friggin' old, you're so fresh & new & totally cool but... you're not disparaging me in the least. Do you mean innovations or the many bugs in the .0 version? C'mon, man, I'm just trying to live with other people's decisions & get on with my work. Looking for help among the many brainiacs supposedly here on Apple Insider.Step outta the way & let some light shine thru,...
Well stated. I think the people who made these decisions are learning from their mistakes. I think by & large, Lion is a good OS. I think our IT team leapt before they looked. There's a lot of back-pedaling goin' on I think Apple wants to merge & meld their mobile with their legacy desktop/laptop ecosystems. And that's ok, as long as they deliver the wherewithal to keep working (so far, a mixed bag, as you have noted)... and for heaven's sake, cease pretending a 27" iMac...
Good. Be happy. Nobody wants to take away your candy. Use it. Enjoy it. But don't disparage others who don't want what they consider to be the destructive editing of these new "features" in their workflow. I am not the only person who finds these functions troublesome, there are new Apple Scripts appearing all over the net to delete versions &/or trim "Auto-Slave," as so many people are calling it now. This in no way prohibits you from using these functions nor is it meant...
Very funny, actually. But not as dramatic as you might imagine. Sometimes, they can be 100-140 pages, double-sided, and contain hundreds of photographs (property, etc.), maps, survey data, charts, tables, embedded floatation contracts, et al.Markus 4711 on the Apple Discussion boards found a way to delete versions:He enabled the root user with Directory Utility, logged into Terminal as root and did a cd /rm -Rf .DocumentRevisions-V100I tried this, and it works. It's SUPER...
That's the first good, solid suggestion received in this forum, thank you. We are in the process of packing up ~60-some new MacBook Airs we purchased for return to Apple. We're going back to SL 10.6.6 - 10.6.8 until such time as Apple deems it suitable to return some level of user control to their new OS. Don't care much for all the nannying & bossin' around delivered by Lion. thanks again, have a great weekend (or what's left of it anyway! :-)