or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Because we're getting no substance. It's all fluff and it's all been done before. Notes, Reminders, Notifications, Cloud Integration, Code signing, Airplay Mirroring are all copies - regurgitations - of what's already available, what's already been done in iOS. This isn't OS X innovation. It's OS X trivialization.Where are the xHCI USB3.0 drivers? Do we get an up-to-date OpenGL, or more of the same old crapola? Where's Mountain Lion server? Can we span multiple monitors...
Agreed, I don't want my MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Pros and PowerMacs reduced to cheap cell phone functionality or iPad functionality best suited to novice users. I don't blame Apple for going after the consumer business but I dislike "upgrades" that actually de-feature the OS. I bought many of these powerful pro machines to do certain tasks in an efficient manner. I don't want them turned into consumer equipment. A wise shift here might be to use the different types of users...
Can't wait to have my $2500+ laptop act just like a $49 cell phone. Oh joy.
Wow, you just don't get it. Oh well. Here's wishing you & yours various & sundry merriments and much yuletide glee.
Then rename Preview so it's functionality once again matches up to it's moniker. If the new OS is indeed the Nanny, then drop all of this to the lowest common denominator (which is what Apple appears to be doing). Why would you even ask? Or even want to know? That's none of the damned computer's business. What I want to do with my files is MY BUSINESS. I absolutely hate being told what to do by a machine - especially when I used to be able to do something but now it's been...
That's the new Apple way. What used to take one finger on the down arrow now takes 2 fingers on the trackpad. I usually try to save my finger gestures for when somebody cuts me off on the highway My bad, I wasn't clear. Yes, I'd like the SAVE AS feature returned, and if they want, keep DUPLICATE &/or DUPLICATE & REVERT right there, it's not a problem. But stop de-featuring the OS! And fix the RETARD WINDOW, err, RESTART WINDOW. If I de-select this once, the computer should...
Yeah, scrolling on a tiny laptop monitor is a freaking necessity! Give us back these tools, puhleeze. And return the Address Book's 3-pane view. And return the sidebar & tiny calendar to iCal. And return SAVE AS, please. Especially to Preview. I mean, how can an application called Preview auto-destroy a photo, just because you rotated it to check something out? Doesn't Apple know what the word Preview means? And stop de-featuring MacOS X in your stumbling, bumbling rush to...
Thanks, stratokaster! You've got a great idea here, and it's already helped me better my Lion knowledge and speed up my work. My gripe is about uncontrolled scrolling. When I have Mail's new 3 pane look open, and the list of messages (thousands) in the middle, there's a tiny little scroll bar available just to the right of that middle window. When I try to scroll through these 2-line previewed messages, either nothing happens or I scroll thru 5,000 instantly. There's no...
Sirozha wrote: "...you must be too old for the innovations that came with Lion." Yeah, yeah, I'm sooooo friggin' old, you're so fresh & new & totally cool but... you're not disparaging me in the least. Do you mean innovations or the many bugs in the .0 version? C'mon, man, I'm just trying to live with other people's decisions & get on with my work. Looking for help among the many brainiacs supposedly here on Apple Insider.Step outta the way & let some light shine thru,...
Well stated. I think the people who made these decisions are learning from their mistakes. I think by & large, Lion is a good OS. I think our IT team leapt before they looked. There's a lot of back-pedaling goin' on I think Apple wants to merge & meld their mobile with their legacy desktop/laptop ecosystems. And that's ok, as long as they deliver the wherewithal to keep working (so far, a mixed bag, as you have noted)... and for heaven's sake, cease pretending a 27" iMac...