or Connect

Posts by matt_s

This "new" way of working with documents takes way too much time.I might need to alter one word in a contract & send it to an athlete's agent for perusal. I would not want my 1.2GB template DUPLICATED nor SAVED in any other format. If that's the new way, it's also the wrong way.If you DUPLICATE a file, and open it to work on it, when you close it, the OS SAVES it, even though you did not want it to. Now you have a version of a CONFIDENTIAL document on your machine, and...
It does not serve the same function, if you think about it more than a second. Have you even used this?
How do we then do a contract change if the document is locked?We want to leverage same-same verbiage between customers or governments. There's no SAVE AS command any longer, and even when you CLOSE a document, it gets SAVED. We may or may not want it to be SAVED. Why won't our machines do our bidding anymore?This hand-waving response of yours was not well thought out nor very helpful. It also doesn't address the even more critical issue - having confidential documents...
I never said it saved versions as full documents. I've watched daily over the past 2 weeks how auto-save eats my storage space. Multiple versions of very large documents (1.2GB or more) take up room, even if they're just layers. It's well optimized I think (except for the constant spinning beachball) ... but it still absolutely requires additional space that previously stayed free. I wish it could be disabled.In my practice, I work on 60-90 contracts a month, often...
You can't switch off Auto-Save or Versions. Those are the problems. They need work, they need much more thought behind them, and they need a way to OPT OUT. It's truly bad practice to have multiple saved versions of confidential documents floating around, pinned to some text app. It's plainly ridiculous. And as it goes forward, multiplying one version upon another, ad infinitum, storage space gets gobbled up at an alarming rate. Oh, wait a minute, isn't there somebody out...
The whole thing is a big step back. Auto-save prohibits the user from making any test version of a contract or document, the Apple way is to save everything, make multiple versions and eat, eat, eat up disk space to sell, sell, sell more via iCloud. So, you inadvertently make a mistake on a document and iCloud whisks it away, forcing the error-laden doc to all of your instruments. I've been fighting in Pages with this boneheaded auto-save el crapo rio system for 2 weeks...
Still, the ROI just isn't there, the numbers plainly reveal this, regardless of whether Apple takes their unfair share of sales or not. Whether change is coming sooner or later is immaterial, really. Gearing up for iPad sales is capital intensive, not time intensive. And there's no advantage to be gained by losing money being on the bleeding edge. This man is very smart, he's made a billion or two running his media organization intelligently for years. Let others pave the...
Good point... what I would like to know is why I can't adjust the space between the keys on the virtual keyboard? I mean, it's a virtual keyboard, why is it so stultified? I have huge fingers and typing on those puny iPhone & iPad virtual keyboards are really difficult. I'm constantly hitting adjacent keys, nearly on every character. The software feedback from the strike on the key to the display of the character is still a bit slow but it's manageable, I think. And it...
Absolutely 100% wrong. Been a Mac guy since 1988. Please note you can now get great taste in a decaffeinated coffee :-)We're brainstorming here, try to follow along with us because it seems like you're a Mac supporter, so your experience, input and thoughts would be valuable.One question for you: can you successfully & completely move and share all your data between your desktop Mac, your iPad, your iPhone and your MacBook?
You're on track regarding the offloading of data. Sure, it makes sense to virtually everyone on earth. Except of course, Apple. You're trying to delineate between devices & data and Apple cannot help you there (yet). Eventually in their epic battle with Google (still to come), Apple will be forced by the market to assist their customers with their data. But right now, Apple only cares about their devices, not your data. The real question is: will Apple wait to be forced...