or Connect

Posts by matt_s

This is a correct analysis. Another benefit would be: check into any hotel, and there's a charger to be had either in the room or at the front desk as a loaner. At airports as well as coffee shops, bars, et al. Ubiquitous availability. Use/charge & re-charge anywhere. Extremely convenient for road warriors. This will probably come to pass because the EU market is a big $$$ market for Apple. But it won't be a data connection - only a power port. Apple will not easily...
If only we could bring back Microsoft Bob, I'm sure everything would be alright. Too bad there's no "Dinner & A Movie" services to the home... Apple should buy Netflix and give away an DVR-based Apple TV with a 2-year subscription. Later, Google will buy Blockbuster and with a 1-year subscription, give away a Google TV that has 2TB of cloud storage. HoHoHo!
It's two things that bug me which I consider "big issues": (1) Apple tells people they can OPT OUT when quite clearly no one can ever OPT OUT. They need to stop trying to fool people, and come clean; (2) It's not the services themselves that freak me out, it's the reporting & subsequent storage of the data. I don't want Apple or any of their cute little developers knowing where I the hell I am at some given point. I don't care if they're evil or not, that's not the issue....
I don't trust either one of them. You can try to OPT OUT of IAds Location tracking but it still doesn't stop Apple from tracking you. It's basically a worthless OPT OUT policy. It only stops the "relevancy" (local geography) of the iAds served to you. Whether you OPT OUT or not doesn't really matter, as long as Location is turned on, your Location is going to be tracked & reported. You're OPTING OUT of iAd relevancy, not OPTING OUT of Location tracking. One of these days,...
This is a fallacy. Some people even believe that it's best for them to pay the Federal government excess money & then file for a return because they don't trust themselves with their own money. Perhaps thought-processes such as this are why Apple has $51 billion in the bank...Servers screw up all the time. They crash. Redundant systems fail. Account numbers and social security numbers get released to the wild. Passwords are stolen, security is breached. Hell, Citicorp...
Unfortunately, you may be spot on. Apple will steal a page from banks, who charge us an ATM fee to access our own money, and we'll have to pay and pay and pay to access our own files and folders, apps and other data. I can see it coming down to the point where we used to pay once for local storage space... but instead, we'll be constantly paying for the "privilege" of cloud storage.
I think you've completely missed the point. Where you pulled "massive internal storage" and invented numbers like "750GB" and "1.5TB" is unknown. As I look at our posts, I noted a 300GB HDD installed in a MacBook, using 111GB, and wizard69 noted something in the 80 to 90GB area in terms of a loaded drive. Far, far from 1.5TB.You're putting words into people's mouths and you need to know that's highly unsanitary :-)When wizard69 talked about artificial limitations, I...
Can you kindly give me a link where you buy a 2GB USB stick for $3? I would really appreciate it. The last quote I got was almost $8 for a 1GB drive. Thanks so much!!!!
Exactly. I've been waiting for years for a low profile, small form factor laptop from Apple that I can travel with. I'm on the road 3-4 weeks of every month, logging well over a hundred flights annually. I've grown tired of lugging my 13" Al MacBook along, it's just slightly too large screen-wise & base-wise for the aircraft seat back tray, and the weight starts becoming very annoying along about April. The 11.6" looks almost perfect, save for the lack of Gig Ethernet and...
Why does my new Mac have to look and operate like my phone? That's plain nuts. My TV doesn't act like my refrigerator, although both are household appliances. There doesn't need to be a rush to blend telephone OS with computer OS. iOS is just too limited in scope, and too lacking in power. Moving navigation elements from some puny device to a huge screen desktop is poor judgment. It's exactly the refresh arrow on the new Safari. Just because iPhone has it that way, why...