or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Actually, you have something there - millions of users would probably love to have a screen in portrait mode rather than landscape. That would make it a real working man's machine. I work on tons of letters, specs, quotes & spreadsheets but very seldom watch a movie. I can't remember the last movie I watched on my laptop, frankly. When I march through an airport, which is pretty much a weekly occurrence, I see hundreds of people working on their laptops but rarely do I see...
I haven't been this excited since my PowerBook Duo 2300 followed me home Been waiting for years for a real computing travel companion from Apple. 11.6" delivers the footprint that makes working on an airline seat back tray actually a productive environment again. Elbows in, everyone... According to these rumors, the company that invented the small form-factor laptop is getting back into the game! Pair this with a 27" iMac, and you can pretty much do anything, create...
Yes, it's going to be remarkable. Apple will announce a revolutionary new feature in OS X 10.7 come October 20th. The new, revolutionary feature will actually allow you to empty the Trash without the Finder telling you that some file is in use, when clearly it's not and hasn't been for quite some time. No longer will you be forced to quit an application just to empty the Trash. I know: incredible. Can you feel the goosebumps? Steve will probably do a "one more thing"-thing...
Maybe they'll finally fix the Finder bug where you can't throw something away because it's "in use" - even when it's clearly not. Quitting an application just so you can empty the Trash is not the hallmark of an advanced OS. I also wish they'd add a merging function to the Finder. Instead of replacing or overwriting items in a ƒ, it would be great to be able to merge folders without deleting anything. This one isn't about 10.6.5: it would be nice to have a "private"...
Well done. Hilarious!
Wait. I hear the waaahmbulance siren screaming as it rushes to the airport from the mental institution. Poor little billionaires, not getting what they want, when they want it, so they go & have themselves a little hissy fit. I'm just surprised that when he couldn't get his way, he didn't immediately throw himself to the floor and start pounding his fists and kicking his little feet. Japan and Adobe, I hate both of you! Boo hoo. Absolutely adorable little princess.
I'm taking my stars and going home and you're never going to see me again. I'm putting my foot down! Take that. So there. Waaah. Why is the whining of some spoiled multi-billionaire brat news? Must've been a slow night, eh AI?
The opposite, really... you're one of the few clear thinking individuals. I've been concerned by this whole Location-based leash that Apple collars on all their iOS 4 users... even when you try to OPT OUT, you can't really OPT OUT. That's just damned spooky in itself.And now this announcement... who could not have seen this coming? Duh. There will be many, many more Location "services" (i.e., spying) to come as well, you can get even money on that.We all know how wonderful...
It appears the rumored chip can output either 720p & 1080p over the same HDMI iO. It would be simple to use whatever resolution looks better for the menus and then, whatever output resolution looks better for the video, allowing the user to override if desired. If the box auto-selected or chose 480i for my movie but I wanted 1080p, I could should be able to order the box to provide this. But the menus can be anything, it doesn't much matter as long they look good. Nobody...
Apps advertising apps. Isn't that like TV commentators interviewing other TV commentators? Of course, it's not as dramatic or educational as when sports personalities interview other sports personalities. Now that's some kind of entertainment value!