or Connect

Posts by matt_s

Apps advertising apps. Isn't that like TV commentators interviewing other TV commentators? Of course, it's not as dramatic or educational as when sports personalities interview other sports personalities. Now that's some kind of entertainment value!
And while you're watching your iAds, AT&T is charging you for data usage and time. You're paying for the privilege of watching some company's advertisement. This is even worse than commercial television. How stupid they must think all of us are. Wonder what the poor sucker, er, iPhone user in this video was working on before iAds consumed his entire screen & appropriated his iPhone? This is why I'm still on 3.1.3. All of this plus we get to be tracked by Location whether...
Streaming has nothing to do with it, it's the marketing feature of 1080p that's important.Stream 720p into the box if you like, stream whatever, just deliver 1080p to the set. Upconvert. It needs to be there to support full sized 1080p movies, too - maybe you ripped something & fed it into iTunes. Certainly, we'll be able to move our cache of movies into & out of it, I can't imagine that Apple would lock this out.To really sell & be recognized as supporting higher quality...
That's completely incorrect, and totally off the top of your head. According to NAB, 1080p sets comprise more than 82% of all HDTV sets sold, and out-sell 720p sets 14-1. That's a big ratio. The number of new 720p units available for sale is dwindling. Some manufacturers such as Sanyo and Sony plan to discontinue their 720p products. Others will follow suit. All the top rated HDTVs are 1080p. Use 720p when you want something dirt cheap, or you're doing transcoding for...
Right on! It is huge. But more importantly, they're very well known numbers to consumers. Even at Costco the 720p sets are dirt cheap and set up way over there, and the 1080p sets are highlighted front and center. It's specs, specmanship and image. There's a definite value discounting to the unit because it doesn't have the horsepower and cojones to go all the way, and this will hurt sales. I paid extra for my gigantic 60" 1080p HDTV flat panel and I'll be damned if I'm...
There are more than 2 choices. There are many. For example, you can travel to a country that legislates cell phone freedom and purchase an Apple-unlocked iPhone & then use a service like T-Mobile. You can pay $1200 for a new iP4 that's unlocked and sold here in the US by companies such as Celluloco and others & plop an T-Mobile SIM card into it. You can even do what I did - my 2-year contract with ATT has expired, I purchased a new iPhone off shore, JBroke it and simply...
Naw, that's just your natural state.
Read the fine print, man. You can opt out but not really. You'll still get fed ads - albeit not as "relevant" or tailored to your tastes or usage and age and height and race and what you read or watch or listen to or how much you make or the thousands of other parameters they store about you in their huge new North Carolina data complex - and your Location will still be reported even after you opt out, unless you turn off Location services and never use it again. The...
You're a disgusting ass.
I appreciate the suggestion. However, I'm going to stick with my 3GS and the old iPhone OS currently on it and fight against iAds. No upgrades for me or my family (3 iPhones) until iAds changes it's big brotherish behavior. I am writing every congressman in the House and every Senator in the Senate.I am looking for a local political champion who will take a bill to Washington and work to drive it to signature. Fortunately, it's an election year, iPhone 4 is big, big news,...