or Connect

Posts by rcfa

Minor difference between a celebrity "cold call" and a Joe Shmoe cold call. In the first case they jump on it for the PR value, in the second case you land on the blocked numbers nuisance list.
Give finally the devices' owners full ownership i.e. root access to their devices. I trust Apple as much as they allow me to verify what's going on my own devices, which currently means I don't trust them at all unless I'm on a jailbroken device which in turn can't be trusted for being jailbreakable. A company that doesn't trust the owner of a device has galls to ask to be trusted itself... ...that's what I call irony!
Hope this is not a rerun of the OpenStep partnership between IBM and NeXT which then was ditched in favor of OS/2 just for IBM to deservedly be back stabbed in return by M$. Of course it could also be a rerun of the SUN NeXT OpenStep partnership which ended with SUN halfassedly stealing the concepts of OpenStep to cough up half-baked Java and then ditching OpenStep. Or in a better scenario it would end up just fizzling out like the PPC consortium or Taligent... ...all I'm...
Apple needs their own pro suite, because Adobe is a lowest common denominator company not pushing the envelope in any way, focused on a non-standard GUI and cross-platform software.iOS reminds me daily more of MS-DOS with task switcher multitasking: each App has its own UI, the OS X UI consistency is also a thing of the past. We might as well be using Java apps at this point.Apple needs to reinvigorate the platform by having a key product in each core software category...
To the people who think this won't be a feature loss: - why would Apple work with Adobe to transition Aperture users to Lightroom if all of Aperture's features would remain? - no mention of a plugin architecture for the new app - no verbiage like with finalcut pro x that it's targeting pros, etc. Apple is quickly losing its aim by turning everything into a closed consumer only platform with no decent alternative: neither windows nor Linux have what apple's pro segment...
This is disgusting. Apple sells its loyal pro customers to notoriously greedy, subscriptions-only, buggy, non-OSX-compliant Adobe. Even with upgraded iCloud storage up to 1TB would my photo library not fit on iCloud and the nerve it takes for Apple to suggest that anything but throwaway pictures be "secured" in the cloud in the post-Snowden era is just an outright insult to our intelligence.
Can't even access other user's profile anymore and the send button doesn't work either without leaving the conversation and then returning to it, etc. Maybe some flakiness is due to iOS 8DP, but certainly not the missing functionality. So maybe v5.5 will be ready for prime time. On the OS X side, everything past the v2.8.x releases of Skype has been an unmitigated disaster. I still run the old version for as long as I can, but since m$ took over Skype the old version...
Load distribution is transparent to users. Apple's GCD can not only use the GPUs but also CPUs. Apple has been imploring developers for over a decade now to parallelize their code, for good reason. Mach has been running on 32 CPU systems back in the days of NeXT, so this also isn't an OS issue as some here have suggested.Apple had some roadblocks in high-up levels in their software, but they were fully aware of these issues and have eliminated them one by one. For all we...
For one, Apple wouldn't use last year's chips.For two, they wouldn't use the clock speeds they are forced to use to deal with the small batteries in iPhones and iPods.For three, they would use a different memory architectureSo plenty of room to make up that i5 to i7 gap.Apple used to make their own chip sets, and they have the know how to do it again.Apple is an ARM architecture licensee, which means they are among hue he few who can alter the platform and develop their...