or Connect

Posts by rcfa

Have an old Samsung laser printer, works just fine with OS X. Only problem: for whatever reason its drivers are NOT included in the Samsung printer driver package that Apple has for download, I have to download a specific driver from Samsung's web site, best to use the international site rather than their U.S. site. Has been rather reliable for many years, just like with almost all printers these days: toner/drum replacement is almost as expensive as a new printer, and a...
That all depends on the contract......there could be non-compete clauses in there for particular market segments, etc.Lawyer protecting their clients (and their income streams) often try to pack in escape clauses in more or less ambiguous language that may or may not be caught by opposing party.Further, licensing agreement generally have clauses in there that void the contract in case of mergers, although usually restricted to the licensee; that's why a small start-up...
No, they are not. Just most people are so poor and uninteresting schmucks that they are at best useful as click-bait.Start owning some real assets, be in charge of industry or military secrets, be in opposition to any government, etc. and your perspective will change rapidly because ppl who are after what you have will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Certainly not if you have any sensitive info.This is the kind of attack vector usable e.g. Infiltrate malicious code into nuclear facilities.One USB stick handed out as advertising at a tradeshow is all that's needed, after that it propagates itself...Scary shit, just as troublesome the firmware in each Thunderbolt device.What it boils down to is this:Plug & play is and remains plug & pray.If you need to install drivers manually, you can choose not to install, you can...
Nope. Patent trolls are non-utilizing entities, just trying to make a quick buck out of patents they bought up for cheap.Patenting and preventing from being used an inferior but practicable approach such as to promote a superior implementation of a similar process is market strategy and the whole purpose of patents.One may not believe in the patent system, and there are many good reasons for doing so, but within the intended scope of the patent system as it exists this is...
Minor difference between a celebrity "cold call" and a Joe Shmoe cold call. In the first case they jump on it for the PR value, in the second case you land on the blocked numbers nuisance list.
Give finally the devices' owners full ownership i.e. root access to their devices. I trust Apple as much as they allow me to verify what's going on my own devices, which currently means I don't trust them at all unless I'm on a jailbroken device which in turn can't be trusted for being jailbreakable. A company that doesn't trust the owner of a device has galls to ask to be trusted itself... ...that's what I call irony!
Hope this is not a rerun of the OpenStep partnership between IBM and NeXT which then was ditched in favor of OS/2 just for IBM to deservedly be back stabbed in return by M$. Of course it could also be a rerun of the SUN NeXT OpenStep partnership which ended with SUN halfassedly stealing the concepts of OpenStep to cough up half-baked Java and then ditching OpenStep. Or in a better scenario it would end up just fizzling out like the PPC consortium or Taligent... ...all I'm...
Apple needs their own pro suite, because Adobe is a lowest common denominator company not pushing the envelope in any way, focused on a non-standard GUI and cross-platform software.iOS reminds me daily more of MS-DOS with task switcher multitasking: each App has its own UI, the OS X UI consistency is also a thing of the past. We might as well be using Java apps at this point.Apple needs to reinvigorate the platform by having a key product in each core software category...
To the people who think this won't be a feature loss: - why would Apple work with Adobe to transition Aperture users to Lightroom if all of Aperture's features would remain? - no mention of a plugin architecture for the new app - no verbiage like with finalcut pro x that it's targeting pros, etc. Apple is quickly losing its aim by turning everything into a closed consumer only platform with no decent alternative: neither windows nor Linux have what apple's pro segment...