or Connect

Posts by rcfa

The sad part is, this dude likely even believes this drivel he writes to be true.Chances are, he also believes in virgin births, intelligent design, dinosaurs and humans roaming together in paradise only a few thousand years ago, and that Jesus was a white boy speaking English......and certainly he believes in American exceptionalism, that USA is #1 regardless how far it is trailing large parts of the developed world, and other nonsense.That's the result of living in the...
 http://mediamatters.org/research/2009/11/19/fox-news-year-in-apologies-fake-videos-false-in/157273http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2011/jun/22/jon-stewarts-politifact-segment-annotated-edition/http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2012/04/yes-roger-fox-news-has-retracted-false-stories/51115/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_controversies And on a funnier, but not a bit less true,...
Whether FOX is left or right doesn't matter. What matters is them making up news that are not true.Second, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS are not left, certainly not very left, they are barely center. Thanks to the hijacking of the definition of what's left and right by the extreme right in the US, people have no idea what's left and right in the US. Obama is considerably to the right of e.g. Germany's conservative-right party of chancellor Angela Merkel. Obamacare is a...
 All these "don't sit close to the television" phrases originate from the time of CRTs which would produce X-ray and other nasty radiation that at close distance could be potentially harmfully strong. These reasons don't apply to modern LED backlit LCD screens. Of course, LCD screens, regardless of size, can still harm your vision if their backlighting and contrast aren't properly adjusted for the viewing environment, but that's no different than staring at a very brightly...
It obvious that the most "red blooded" American news/propaganda outlet would follow the old American mantra: "mo biggah is beddah" That matches just about with the average IQ of the Fox viewership, they can't handle more complex thought than fit into a single tweet, and certainly not more than four at any given time. It's just show, that's all there is to it, a few minutes of ads pays for this stuff, so who cares.
 Any sentient being and any organization run by such has a moral obligation. Nobody can hide behind the law.If a law is unjust, it is to be ignored and disobeyed. He who doesn't can be held accountable not just by history, but also by the courts.There are very few huge injustices committed in this world that are not "legal" or even "mandated", but that doesn't make them less unjust, and sooner or later the hammer of justice will come down on those who collaborated or...
 I have iTunes Store accounts in Austria, Germany, and the US. For each one of them I had to have a payment method before being able to "purchase" anything, even free things. In Austria I bought an iTunes gift card at some store cash register, for the German account I had a friend buy one for me who lives in Germany. In both cases I was not able to use my regular US credit card as a payment method. In Austria I was eventually able to set up some other payment method,...
 Let's see how you like this slightly modified version of what you say: "Your understanding of China is also very naive. Chinese separatists want independence from Japan. This is why they are illegal." Tibet is as much Chinese if the Tibetans don't want to be Chinese as China is Japanese if the Chinese don't want to be Japanese. If memory serves me right, the Chinese weren't too happy when they were made part of the Japanese Empire before WWII. So why should the Tibetans...
 Everyone has the choice to play the game or to excuse themselves from participating...
 You try to shift the argument by not quoting what I wrote my reply to. I fixed that issue, by including again the section of your original post that I was referring to. So let's look at what you wrote: "These activists are very selfish."  What activists? These are programmers who write software to prevent government snooping. In any reasonable country that's legal. I can encrypt and bypass NSA snooping as much as I want, while they try to break whatever mechanisms I use...