or Connect

Posts by rcfa

"Google's ideological bent toward "openness" precludes real security" While most of the article is dead on, the quote above is utter garbage. Security and openness are not only not contradictions, openness is a prerequisite for security, because without peer reviewed code there is no security, there's just obscurity and blind trust. However, openness cannot make up for bad design, lack of care and priorities other than security (such as spying on users to better target...
Try switching to a male Siri voice......that won't make her feel like you're talking to another woman
Because I happen to be a tester, and iTunes claims there's no iOS update for my devices, but I highly doubt that the latest beta was a GM build, particularly since I'm not aware of all the functionality/changes listed in the build on my device...
How about AI would finally get in the habit of posting build numbers with such news?
They could have done a very similar design, but instead of a circle it could have formed a giant Apple logo visible from above...
That is totally wide open. Manufacturers could use a model like with OnStar or like Amazon uses for their Kindle products (internet included for built-in functionality like traffic updates, etc.) or they can include mobile data in subscription plans (traffic updates, map updates, internet radio for $x/year), or they could choose a model where it's tethered to the iPhone.None of that is a technical issue, it's a marketing question.
QNX predates Blackberry, it's an extremely capable real-time operating system that's POSIX compliant. It's in it's basics just as good and in many ways superior to the MACH/BSD foundation of OS X/iOS.Blackberry getting that OS as a base is a greate move, albeit way (too?) late, and the only thing I hate about that move is that BB might take that OS down the drain along with them. QNX is highly efficient, low overhead and a true real-time OS, something Apple can't claim for...
I don't think it's primarily about doing more than it is about doing things better.Many car infotainment systems are clumsy and distracting in their operation, voice commands are unreliable and restricted in scope, menu systems are cluttered, etc.Apple can contribute constantly updates maps, integration with contacts and calendar for travel planning (e.g. suggest sending an SMS when road conditions suggest arriving late, etc.), an uncluttered UI, Siri speech recognition,...
I routinely drive well above 200kmh on the Autobahn, of course, unlike in the USA, in Europe you actually have to know how to drive before getting a license, which is why Americans are scared seeing Europeans drive because they wrongly assume we drive like that while having the average American's driving skills.And of course I don't take phone calls, clip my toe nails or operate cup holders while driving, because I consider a car to be more like a loaded gun than like a...
That's why European cars traditionally had no cup holders: try finishing a cup of coffee or a can of soda without staring at the headliner instead of on the street. Try doing that going 150mph on the German highway and you might as well preorder your coffin at Amazon before starting your trip... Driving is a full-time job, sitting in a car is not sitting in the living room; Americans don't get that concept by and large. If you want to drink, change your route, talk on...