or Connect

Posts by rcfa

I was under the impression at the time, that it was a large percentage of the stock they were granted, which makes sense given the significant capital gains tax obligations, due to the significant increase in stock price from when the stocks were granted.Some may have had other reasons, like buying an (expensive) house, which if large parts of your compensation is in stock, would require liquidating some holdings.If there was other stuff going on, it slipped past my...
I call BS: Apple management had stock options vesting, which means a massive tax liability. When a significant part of your pay is in stock options or stock, that means selling part of them to pay the taxes. It happens everywhere where executives are paid in stock or options.
RT: ARM CPU, castrated version of Windows 8Non-RT: intel CPU, full desktop version of Windows, able to run regular MS-Office, still kind of underpowered. Have heard good things about Sony's hybrid tablet/ultraportable devices, but much heavier/bigger than iPads and thus really a different market segment.
Because they are fat they get diabetes. Not only are traditional glucose level tracking methods painful, they also only allow the collection of a few data points per day, and are hard to capture and evaluate systematically.A prickless, blood free glucose sensor could essentially continuously graph glucose levels, in combination with other sensors relative to body activity, too.This would allow for better tracking of the individuals reaction to diabetes medication, insulin...
High prices in many countries have often quite different reasons than Apple pricing policy: import duties, telco monopolies, taxes, etc.The move in Russia is more reflecting the fact that in many counties ppl are better off importing a (un)used phone through eBay than buying a expensive phone through carriers, particularly in markets that are prepay dominated, in which there are weak anti-trust laws (and competitors actually act in unison).iPhone is very popular in Russia...
There's Ubuntu for Smartphones.Even the option to run a desktop OS version of Ubuntu when docked and attached to screen and keyboard.So there would at least the option to be unique in a market niche, and if they were truly open, a lot of people sick of the rooting/jaulbreaking cat&mouse game might actually go that way.
A find like that isn't a big deal in Europe, just about anything is built on top of something else; Europe actually has a history; not like in the US where the "historic district commission" is getting in the way of renovating a largely boring wood house constructed 1933, the year my mom was born...If they has found a building of historic significance it would be different, but a hospital is just a utility building...
Apple is pretty much a software company that makes its money selling its hardware by exclusively bundling it with their software.Not to knock Apple's hardware, it's good; often it's better, but it's not "ten times better" to use a famous Jobs metric as to what it takes for people to switch platforms.Their software is what makes the big difference between Apple and non-Apple, and so even though their software is cheap or free, it only runs on Apple hardware, and that's...
I don't have to show anything, because I make no quantitative claims. You do. You make your claims with data that does not support these claims directly. You then claim that the data you cite supports your claim indirectly. If you make that claim, show the studies, the math, the statistics, the correlation between the data you use, and the claim you make. You don't do any of that. Therefore, unless you can make such an analysis, "revenue share percentage" is not a measure...
The TCO numbers were measureable if they were reasonably standardized and published, but that's not in the numbers you quoted. And even if measured, they don't say much about the relative market penetration, since e.g. an internet start up may have a regular employee who does server management on the side, while a similar sized other company pays for the same server management a massive maintenance contract fee. Further, similar contracts for different products have vastly...