or Connect

Posts by rcfa

You're being very kind here: I was about to post something similar, just the way I'd put it:"I did also notice that the majority of the cracked iPhone users seem to be notorious drunks."Typically girls and guys who go out clubbing, and then at 2 in the morning have some drama because their friends dumped them, or they want to text their and the pull out the phone fumble and it goes sliding down the street. In other words, of all the "party people" I know, probably 25%...
The main benefit is that no scaling of video is required, which is computationally expensive (i.e. eats battery) and introduces visual artefacts (although they may not be too visible at retina-resolution-levels).However, much more useful, would have been if Apple had used the 720p spec, i.e. 720x1280 instead of the 640x1136 they currently have.
Google is hardly in a possession to assert any patent claims for standard essential things, because half of Google's business is ripping other people off, and their solutions are software solutions that are either proprietary or based largely on open source work.Main reason Google bought MM is so it would have the patents as a bargaining chip, and thus the continuation of MM's patent litigation is fully approved and intended by Google. While they are separate corporations,...
not sure why you quote my reply to someone else's post as if you were disagreeing while making essentially the same point I'm making...
Ah, horsepoop! Apple has cross-licensing agreements with a variety of companies, and Apple contributed plenty of patents to standard-essential patent pools, e.g. media codec and media file container related patents.However, no company in their right mind cross-licenses the crown jewels. For Apple, that's the GUI, user interface, software integration, etc. and none of these are standards-essential patents.The people who violate the unwritten rules are Google & Co. who try...
Not quite so. Some of these also make mobile infrastructure and networking gear, i.e. the stuff companies like AT&T use to operate their cellular networks.
Wonder if these guidelines also apply to NSA's data collection... :P
The ppl who think 2% would be fair forget that modern devices likely use dozens of standard essential patents: camera, media codecs, battery technology, screens, chip manufacturing, etc. If everyone tried license fees like Motorola/Google, Apple would end up paying more in license fees than the sale price of the phone.
I was under the impression at the time, that it was a large percentage of the stock they were granted, which makes sense given the significant capital gains tax obligations, due to the significant increase in stock price from when the stocks were granted.Some may have had other reasons, like buying an (expensive) house, which if large parts of your compensation is in stock, would require liquidating some holdings.If there was other stuff going on, it slipped past my...
I call BS: Apple management had stock options vesting, which means a massive tax liability. When a significant part of your pay is in stock options or stock, that means selling part of them to pay the taxes. It happens everywhere where executives are paid in stock or options.