or Connect

Posts by rcfa

The 64-bit ARM chips are not significantly slower than a variety of x86 chips, but they use an order of magnitude less power. By going massively parallel, Apple can make devices that are more powerful and use less energy at the same time. Part of switching to x86 was improved performance per Watt. The reason for going ARM on iOS devices was the lack of comparable x86 choices, and after many years, Intel is still lagging behind, while ARM's 64-bit cores have been rapidly...
FB app still sucks: you're writing a post or reply; phone call comes and you take it, end phone call and all your typing is gone. The app does not maintain its state. Getting a phone call on a phone should be expected and be handled properly...
Key question is: does it scan duplex printed pages?
I'd buy it, but I'm certainly NOT subscribing to it. Subscribing for what? To maybe get bug fixes for bug that shouldn't have been there in the first place? To make sure a company gets money on a perpetual basis like a corporate tax payment for no actual new utility provided, to take them any real incentive to innovate, after all, people pay no matter what? What if your carpenter wanted money each time you sit down at the table he made? Pay per use is an euphemism for...
"Google's ideological bent toward "openness" precludes real security" While most of the article is dead on, the quote above is utter garbage. Security and openness are not only not contradictions, openness is a prerequisite for security, because without peer reviewed code there is no security, there's just obscurity and blind trust. However, openness cannot make up for bad design, lack of care and priorities other than security (such as spying on users to better target...
Try switching to a male Siri voice......that won't make her feel like you're talking to another woman
Because I happen to be a tester, and iTunes claims there's no iOS update for my devices, but I highly doubt that the latest beta was a GM build, particularly since I'm not aware of all the functionality/changes listed in the build on my device...
How about AI would finally get in the habit of posting build numbers with such news?
They could have done a very similar design, but instead of a circle it could have formed a giant Apple logo visible from above...
That is totally wide open. Manufacturers could use a model like with OnStar or like Amazon uses for their Kindle products (internet included for built-in functionality like traffic updates, etc.) or they can include mobile data in subscription plans (traffic updates, map updates, internet radio for $x/year), or they could choose a model where it's tethered to the iPhone.None of that is a technical issue, it's a marketing question.