or Connect

Posts by rcfa

Just what I need a Google bug in my home, telling them all my habits. GeoIP along with "smart" thermostats that "learn" when someone is home => total surveillance.
 So can iOS devices, just ask the NSA... That's why it's imperative that users have root access to their devices, and in absence thereof, they can root/jailbreak their devices, because that's the ONE defense vector they have against covert hacking: monitoring the system at a low level, something AppStore apps will never be able to do.
 Key thing which few people seem to focus on: the Audi tablet is what one would call "MIL-spec", i.e. designed to operate properly after having been left in the car on a cold Minnesota/Siberia winter night and continuing to work after having left baking inside the car in the desert sun in Death Valley. Have you ever bothered to look at the operating and non-operating temperature specs for the iPad? Not exactly designed for that sort of use.The iPhone more than once shut...
 VW is a company. Brands OWNED by that company are: VW, Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT, Skoda, Ducati, Bentley, Scania, MAN.BMW as a company owns merely BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce, but I think they don't even get to use Rolls Royce engines anymore, because they just bought the car brand, not the engine business, which is why e.g. Rolls Royce jet engines are NOT BMW products.Audi competes with and surpasses BMW in just about every aspect, except for...
This is the logical consequence of Apple being too closed. Does anyone think the car companies want to be owned by Apple like the mobile carriers or the record labels are? Does anyone wonder why the rumored AppleTV still isn't a real product? It's all the same: just like Microsoft in the past, Apple doesn't enter into real partnerships, but aims to make any partner the underdog and dictate to them the terms. When you start your Audi, Audi wants you to see an Audi logo, not...
Apple has all of OSX running on ARM, and all of iOS on Intel, just like they used to have it running on PPC and x86.Further iOS and OSX have the identical core OS called Darwin, and the same core foundation libraries.80-90% of the code is probably identical, except one has CocoaUI and the other CocoaTouchUI which can be merged into a single context sensitive version of Cocoa; anyone ever giving a thought why Apple is pushing constraint based auto layout of apps? Because...
There's a difference between failed concept and failed execution.There were windows tablets long before the iPad, by your logic apple should never have made an iPad because the tablet concept already was proven a failure.Glad you don't run Apple...Properly executed there is no need for any compromise, it's just that you lack the ability to think creatively enough, just as if you were an M$ employee...
What moron doesn't get that iOS and OSX are both the same OS called Darwin wrapped in a different GUI?GUIs can dynamically change, just as the OS can dynamically deal with adding a second monitor or the screen going from landscape to portrait orientation:Open windows get redecorated with different UI elements, menu bar (dis)apprears, etc. happens faster than you can think once the screen gets (un)docked in/from a keyboard.
Touch optimized OS X is called iOS; they both have the same OS underneath slightly different UIs.No problem to have Universal apps that besides an iPhone and iPad touch mode have a desktop/keyboard mode; e.g the core engine of Pages is the same everywhere only the UI has to switch between desktop and touch mode depending on device setup/status.Totally doable without sacrificing the user experience, just like the same app can switch between iPad and iPhone modes.
 Piracy is *a* reason, out of many. But that's not the question, the question is, is it the main reason (NO), and further, what effect does whatever piracy there is have on the health of the market (MINOR), and is preventing jailbreaking an effective way of stopping piracy (NO).  Let me rephrase your points to air travel: #1: blowing up air planes is a reason for people to book a flight#2: I thus prefer that nobody travels by airplane So yes, there are terrorists who book...