or Connect

Posts by rcfa

Touch optimized OS X is called iOS; they both have the same OS underneath slightly different UIs.No problem to have Universal apps that besides an iPhone and iPad touch mode have a desktop/keyboard mode; e.g the core engine of Pages is the same everywhere only the UI has to switch between desktop and touch mode depending on device setup/status.Totally doable without sacrificing the user experience, just like the same app can switch between iPad and iPhone modes.
 Piracy is *a* reason, out of many. But that's not the question, the question is, is it the main reason (NO), and further, what effect does whatever piracy there is have on the health of the market (MINOR), and is preventing jailbreaking an effective way of stopping piracy (NO).  Let me rephrase your points to air travel: #1: blowing up air planes is a reason for people to book a flight#2: I thus prefer that nobody travels by airplane So yes, there are terrorists who book...
 No software gains more privilege through jailbreaking, the USER gains more privilege. Apps can't magically access all files due to a jailbreak. A user can choose to install a privileged app to do special things that require that privilege, but that's not what happens with apps by default.So unless you consider the user a security risk......but I don't want to be protected from myself; I want to be protected from others, and a jailbreak doesn't alter anything in that last...
 Violating a contract in its substantial terms is potentially illegal, however if the terms don't violate common decency.How often do you read EULAs? Say Apple slips a line in there by means of which you agree to become a corporate slave. Would you really adhere to that just because you clicked the "Agree" button? Would you really believe the law would uphold such a clause?There's a reason why there is a clear exemption from the DMCA provisions for jailbreaking, because in...
Mandela should give up, too, he'll never end apartheid......oh, he's dead, and no more apartheid.GIVING UP IS NEVER AN OPTION! FU
Exactly, because that is the state a Mac is in. The stupid default passwords only exists because Apple assumes that users are locked out. If iOS devices were "factory jailbroken" like every Mac OS X computer ever shipped, that potential vulnerability doesn't exist because setting passwords is part of the setup routine.You can't compare the state of an incompetly jail broken iOS device with a device that is set up under the assumption that the owner will have admin...
The people "reasoning" against jailbreaking obviously don't know what they are talking about, so let's clear up a few misconceptions here:   a) Jailbreaking makes the iPhone less secure! FALSE! Jailbreaking *exploits* preexisting security holes in the iPhone, forcing Apple to fix these holes and leaving one less wormhole for three letter agencies and other thiefs to control your device without you being aware of it. So the very fact that there is a jailbreaking scene...
 This is the most ridiculous piece of reasoning I've read in a long time.According to you, a manufacturer has the right to decide how you use a product you paid for, as a consequence e.g.:a) you are a criminal if you blow up CDs in a microwave oven, because that's not what they were designed for, and because you don't own the software that controls the deviceb) you're a criminal because you use a screwdriver as a chisel because it says on the handle "Do not use as a...
Neither the people replying nor the people writing the article (want to) get it. Jailbreaking is first and foremost about taking ownership of a device paid for; there would be no need to find or break security measures if Apple gave legitimate owners of a device legitimate means to access the hardware as master (i.e. root) rather than as a chattel/child with Apple as big daddy. It's perfectly fine for Apple to support only specific configuration, it's not fine for Apple...
Fingerprint scanner: SOL, probably originally developed for the 5 not the 5s.Home button not required, there are BT keyboard codes for it e.g. the Logitech iPad case with rubber keyboard has such a button