or Connect

Posts by rcfa

Neither the people replying nor the people writing the article (want to) get it. Jailbreaking is first and foremost about taking ownership of a device paid for; there would be no need to find or break security measures if Apple gave legitimate owners of a device legitimate means to access the hardware as master (i.e. root) rather than as a chattel/child with Apple as big daddy. It's perfectly fine for Apple to support only specific configuration, it's not fine for Apple...
Fingerprint scanner: SOL, probably originally developed for the 5 not the 5s.Home button not required, there are BT keyboard codes for it e.g. the Logitech iPad case with rubber keyboard has such a button
Exactly, and since such a device is for power users make it a tad thicker and put a bigger battery in such as to not only power the keyboard but also extend the iPhone's battery life.
I love security cameras, I love voice recognition.I HATE security cameras that don't have a built-in web server and instead require you to stream your life to a 3rd party service where you can access your own video feed through a web page, and I HATE voice recognition that's cloud based.Until such point when Apple allows users to own their iOS devices (read gives them root access so you can inspect processes and network connections to see what's going on), and until Siri...
 As is, I agree. But I think versions could be fixed by simply making a distinction between autosave and save. The regular cmd-s semantics should remain, and auto-save should happen in the background to a different fork in the version tree. That way, if the app crashes, etc. work can resume, but the what's saved is saved just like it used to be. Then, there should be a different command "save snapshot" which would be the same as saving a copy, except it appends a time...
 If all you do is write letters to Auntie Beth, then versions are useless. If you work in any sort of collaborative work environment on real projects, versions are great. I would just prefer a different sort of interface that would keep file saving semantics the same and would distinguish between auto-save and save, and user-initiated versions that also keep track of who made the changes, but that would go against Apple's desire to (over)simplify things. Given their drive...
Yup, my MacBook Air regularly freezes with heavy Safari use, usually once every day or two......the only thing that makes it bearable is that the system restores the state fairly well after a reboot. Still I worry about file system corruption, stray temp files, etc.There are other issues, like incompatibility with certain drivers, retained Mail.app web preview resources etc.So while Mavericks is perfectly usable, it still has plenty of stuff that needs fixing.
 No, it shouldn't. It should describe the hardware capabilities. If you buy a Mac, the disk size isn't specified as "disk size minus operating system and minus free apps". Just because iOS devices are crippled (no root access) and use solid state storage doesn't mean that capacity should be reported any differently than in any other computing device being sold.
 When and where did I say that AppleCare covered getting my iPad wet? I never got my iPad wet. Maybe it would be useful to quote the right person and the right passage, before appending some statement that doesn't match either content or user. But even if, there are cases when humidity sensors trigger for different reasons, so they only go so far in telling the whole story, and Apple did replace a fair number of devices as a courtesy. The new AppleCare+ actually does cover...