or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Advertising is psychological warfare designed to separate you from your money with the smallest expense to the seller. Thus users of Facebook and other such services are under constant mental attack.  It gets tiring after a while.
He doesn't need to yell. Apparently he has a disapproving gaze that can level a conference room like Godzilla levels Tokyo.
We thermally imaged what you did there.
I agree - there are people all over the world who live in houses that look and feel just like the inside of an Apple Store. It's just personal taste. Not everyone wants to live in an Apple Store and not everyone wants to live in a fake Victorian tract home.
That is not the definition of flop. Total failure is, but using your parlance the device in question did not make money for it's manufacturer so it did not serve the intended purpose.
I find it difficult to only use the App Store for software downloads. There are a lot of good apps that for one reason or another are not available there. Carbon Copy Cloner, Indigo (home automation), CrushFTP, various Tivo interface apps, printer software and so on are not on the App Store. I also have things that use Java which I know plenty of people think is a terrible, but I don't really have a choice in the matter. I can complain to the developers and device...
All of your points make sense, particularly after Ive commented on how difficult and "humbling" he found watch design to be. There is no doubt they have considered the concept of long life in expensive watches and made design decisions to accommodate.
I had about 20 Macs in a video post facility and all of them were Admin accounts.  I did not have time to run around typing in admin passwords every time an editor needed a new font or plug-in or any number of other things requiring Admin access.  Not feasible in an environment where clients are paying hundreds of dollar an hour for the editor or designer to work - not go find me to come type in a password.
I think the announcement shows that he is a thinking person. That he is constantly evaluating himself and the world around him. He decided for his own reasons to make it clear to everyone who he is. It would have been easy for him to say nothing about this and go about his life and career. He chose another path, and yes I guess the time was right. 
Predicting post mortem behavior of Jobs is just as impossible as predicting his behavior when alive.