or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Predicting post mortem behavior of Jobs is just as impossible as predicting his behavior when alive.
Samsung seems to use the same approach - "let's invent a 1000 new things and maybe one of them will be good."I'm old, so I remember the scene from The Odd Couple where Felix throws the plate of linguini onto the wall and pronounces "Now it's garbage."  Apropos for too many tech companies these days.
Well shoot.  My 2010 MBP doesn't do Handoff.
Yose downloaded and installed perfectly on my 2010 MBP 15".  I haven't seen anything untoward yet. I like the new look for the most part.  The color saturation is a little high on the various icons and window control buttons.  And yes, the new system font is not my favorite - my older eyes don't like it much.  I've increased the font size a lot so I can read things without my glasses.   My only real issue started with the last Mavericks update and has continued into...
I saw some speculation that the reason only 1,000 furnaces were operating at the time of default was that the Arizona PUC could not supply enough power to operate all 2000.  In the unlikely event that is true, somebody made a big, big boo boo.
Yes we can make that argument.  We can also make the argument that technology continues to advance and becomes more and more complex. Plus the gadgets are designed to mask their complexity from the end users.  I don't really think you can fairly expect people whose entire life experience and education has been non-technical (say, an accountant or carpenter) to "understand" the technology that is presented and sold to them.  What as it Clarke said? "Any sufficiently...
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
I've got one of those.  I use it for media conversion, Tivo file sharing, home automation (Indigo), FTP server, security camera recorder, music server and web video viewer (HDMI to my AV system).  It has a Fusion drive and 16 gig RAM.  It's been a champ so far and I have no plans to replace it.  I hope in the future Apple still offers a Mini that can do all that when my current unit needs upgrading.
How does one create more than one photostream?
That is a pretty big price drop. Nice.