or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

All of the Japanese carmakers have design disabilities. It's rare for them to make a car that actually looks good or innovative. Most of their cars appear either committee designed or pulled out of someone's butt.
RC vehicles of the past were of infinitesimal impact on safety, privacy and security. Drones are enough of a leap in capability, capacity and popularity that they are different. The use and abuse of drones is exploding and something needs to be done before something bad happens. It would be better to regulate now instead for waiting for a passenger jet to go down into a neighborhood because a drone takes out an engine during takeoff. The proposed regulations are not hyper...
I think I now know what Marc Newson is working on.
I also have been using Apple products since before 1984. I also find the entire iCloud photo, music whatever system to be a bit clunky and confusing. I am a tech oriented person and even worked for Apple doing iOS phone support for a while. It is astonishing how many ways people find to mess up their iCloud storage and options. I am amused by some on this thread who think that every iPhone user should be able to set up anything and everything in their phones. That they...
Just curious.  Has anyone proposed an actual method for cracking Apple Pay?  Seems like it would be extraordinarily difficult and might require a flunky inside one of the banks in order to breach it.   I love the idea of Apple Pay and will probably use it when I get a 6.  However, we all know the "experts" say there is no such thing as unbreakable security in the cyber world. I wonder if that is absolutely true?
Yes indeed, I was thinking of evolutionary change. 
Yeah this is why I really dislike so many of the machinations of the business world. It's all vaguely deceptive, sneaky and smells bad even though it is entirely legal.  Given a problem to solve, my brain innately looks for the simple, straightforward and honest way to solve it.  Business people never do that and instead look for the "advantage" that benefits them first, and the company second and maybe even the customer (not usually).  The competitive world is the realm...
Surprising to see FORTRAN still so high on the list. That was the language that sent me screaming away from the idea that I could ever understand anything about programming.
He didn't save the company. There was one single manufacturing plant scheduled to close, that remained open to make Gorilla glass. Corning is, and was, a healthy company with a long history of innovation in many fields.
Here's a for instance: My Dad loves his iPhone and he is 83 years old. He has been in Apple stores many times.  If he were to go on a crazy busy day and needed to wait a while for a service, he might appreciate a place to sit.