or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

I saw some speculation that the reason only 1,000 furnaces were operating at the time of default was that the Arizona PUC could not supply enough power to operate all 2000.  In the unlikely event that is true, somebody made a big, big boo boo.
Yes we can make that argument.  We can also make the argument that technology continues to advance and becomes more and more complex. Plus the gadgets are designed to mask their complexity from the end users.  I don't really think you can fairly expect people whose entire life experience and education has been non-technical (say, an accountant or carpenter) to "understand" the technology that is presented and sold to them.  What as it Clarke said? "Any sufficiently...
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
I've got one of those.  I use it for media conversion, Tivo file sharing, home automation (Indigo), FTP server, security camera recorder, music server and web video viewer (HDMI to my AV system).  It has a Fusion drive and 16 gig RAM.  It's been a champ so far and I have no plans to replace it.  I hope in the future Apple still offers a Mini that can do all that when my current unit needs upgrading.
How does one create more than one photostream?
That is a pretty big price drop. Nice.
Correct - thanks.  No, leave for child birth is good for the well being of the child and parents.  It probably should be equal for both parents however and I wouldn't call it medical leave.  It's just something that everyone should be granted by law so that it is applied equally and fairly.  Shouldn't matter where you are employed.
Dear Apple,   Please show us how Dre and Iovine will generate an ROI for the company.   Love,   Everyone.
I agree.  My wife works for a NON-PROFIT and they offer unbelievably expensive fertility treatments.  One employee used the feature numerous times to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.  What did she get?  She lost every pregnancy and almost died (not exaggerating) miscarrying the last one.  They finally decided to use a surrogate - not sure if the organization paid that that as well.  What did the non-breeders or the fertile ones get out of all this besides...
I agree that Apple was surely surprised.  While it's true that Apple makes a lot of difficult and even onerous demands of their vendors, the one thing none of them are going to provide or allow is free access to the financials and numbers of the day to day operations.  The only thing any company is going to give Apple is highly sanitized and polished statements.  The only time a company would give anyone full access is when a takeover/purchase is happening.  So yeah Apple...