or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Oh great, Apple is dealing with this guy.    
Naturally you had cloned your drive before the update so you could revert to the previous OS, right?
I have never heard any B&W product that did not impress. One of my more fond audio memories was listening to a pair of B&W 801s hooked up to 500 watt per channel amps and sourced to a Thorens TD-124 turntable. Just breathtaking.
 "You know, just because you go to Burning Man doesn't make you Hunter S. Thomspon." I like this guy.  A very intelligent dick.  But I think Apple probably has a lot of dicks working at the higher levels.  It just that they are smarter, more polite and hip than your run-of-the-mill dick.  You don't get to be as big and successful as Apple by being dickless.
Let's not forget that time Windows NT took down a Navy ship.  It had to be towed by to port.
Good question. On phones I typically spray it on a microfiber cloth or non-marring towelette and then wipe the phone. This would not activate the moisture detectors.
Omnicleanz from Radtech.  I've used it for years at home and work and it never disappoints.  I clean screens, keyboards, computer exteriors and phone exteriors with it.   http://www.radtech.us/products/omnicleanzIt is non-conductive, non-toxic, bio-degradable and odorless.  Personally, I think it is nothing but extreme high purity water that has been de-ionized to parts per trillion or something like that.  Water is the universal solvent after all.
I thought about that.  I know that consumer silicone caulking produces acetic acid as it cures - which would be very undesirable inside a phone case.  I wonder if there are other types of silicone gels/pastes that can cure without the acid by product?
That case gasket is very tiny and thin. I wonder how it is put in place during assembly? Robots or human? Seem that such a thing would be very difficult to handle and install correctly every time.
I have a Mid 2010 15" MBP otherwise known as the "Edsel of Macs". Many of these computers had a defect in the Nvidia graphics card, many did not. My computer never exhibited the defect. That is, it didn't until I installed Yosemite. I started getting GPU panics and the computer crashes. I have the gfxCardStatus app installed that let's me force the computer to the Intel motherboard chipset and the crashes stop. Of course any decent graphics performance stops as well....