or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

I think what was determined is that the way the chemical were being used and handled was not dangerous to workers.  As unpleasant as both chemicals are, they can be used safely with proper precautions.  There is however a pretty big expense associated with their use due to the hazards both human and environmental.  No one is going to magically discover that benzene is not a carcinogen or that hexane doesn't destroy testicular tissue.  That is long settled information.
AI would be a pretty lonely place if we didn't beat dead horses and dissect done deals. 
It is very doubtful that Apple would make this change if doing so had any serious impact on their business.  Tim Cook "The King of Operations" would not stand for this.  Also, I think it is certainly your choice to view this as Apple "caving" to "extremist groups", but again it is doubtful that Apple looks at it this way.  I certainly don't - it's really more of a PR victory.
Both of these chemicals have numerous harmful, carcinogenic, mutagenic and or teratogenic properties.  Yes, with careful and expensive practices these chemicals can be handled safely.  I have worked in a lab where benzene was used as a reagent to calibrate various test instruments. This was at a low concentration and we still wore full face masks, gloves and aprons and only handled it under a fume hood. This was in the late 70s and it was considered bad stuff even then and...
First one to actually manufacture Scrith wins.
I hope they have set up a high res, time-lapse camera to capture all of this activity.
I agree - widespread release of a variety of styles and price levels.   Maybe even co-branded?  "The Swatch iTime with Apple Technology!"
As interesting as the iWatch might be, I can't get too excited about wearing anything on my wrist.  I have a nice collection of watches with dead batteries and yes, the watches were replaced by my iPhone since it does a fine job of telling time. But the real reason they lie dormant is that I strongly dislike the physical presence of the watch on my arm.  It annoys me throughout the day.  It bangs into things and gets damaged - which also annoys me.  Even though the iWatch...
Historically, isn't creating a new OS (even for phones) an exceedingly difficult task and one frequently prone to failure?  Does Samsung have any experience creating OSes?  This seems like more of Samsung just competing for competition's sake.  No real strategy, no clear plan - let's just try this and see what sticks to the wall.
It really is amazing.  All of the thousands of little details and changes between models.  I can't comprehend how anyone can keep track of all that and still have a good product outcome.  Humans can be impressive sometimes.   However, this won't move me away from the basic assertion of my personal motto: Human beings, no damn good.