or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

This is interesting to learn since Apple tends to focus on the future. They have no corporate museum because they don't dwell on past achievements. I wonder how the discussion went in the meeting where this barn was deigned worth preserving?
I also miss the 12 days of Whataburger. They had a ton of awesome freebies and bogos.
Most of those automated systems are fairly small in relation to the number of spaces Apple will need.  I looked at several manufacturers sites and the biggest ones were around 750 spaces - the biggest in the world is apparently only 1200 spaces.  Additionally, these systems are complex marvels that surely have maintenance costs orders of magnitude greater than a concrete garage.  Seems impractical for what Apple needs. My complaint is that the structures could be much more...
Advertising is psychological warfare designed to separate you from your money with the smallest expense to the seller. Thus users of Facebook and other such services are under constant mental attack.  It gets tiring after a while.
He doesn't need to yell. Apparently he has a disapproving gaze that can level a conference room like Godzilla levels Tokyo.
We thermally imaged what you did there.
I agree - there are people all over the world who live in houses that look and feel just like the inside of an Apple Store. It's just personal taste. Not everyone wants to live in an Apple Store and not everyone wants to live in a fake Victorian tract home.
That is not the definition of flop. Total failure is, but using your parlance the device in question did not make money for it's manufacturer so it did not serve the intended purpose.
I find it difficult to only use the App Store for software downloads. There are a lot of good apps that for one reason or another are not available there. Carbon Copy Cloner, Indigo (home automation), CrushFTP, various Tivo interface apps, printer software and so on are not on the App Store. I also have things that use Java which I know plenty of people think is a terrible, but I don't really have a choice in the matter. I can complain to the developers and device...
All of your points make sense, particularly after Ive commented on how difficult and "humbling" he found watch design to be. There is no doubt they have considered the concept of long life in expensive watches and made design decisions to accommodate.