or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Who are Gisele and Tom Brady?
I don't think Apple has any desire to give users the tools to abuse the battery and cause early failure.  The system is very carefully designed to manage the battery itself under a wide range of conditions and use.  Giving you the ability to interfere with that would simply increase warranty claims to Apple for bad batteries.
Buy a new Mac?  Get 5 free calls to Dr. Dre during normal rapper hours.
I tried to wrap my head around FORTRAN back in the 70s and couldn't do it.  Needless to say, I am still not a programmer at age 57.Apparently math and I are sworn enemies.
The example I found for that definition was: "a turgid and fast-moving river"synonyms: swollen, distended, tumescent, engorged, bloated, tumid More So it can be used to describe water, but as I said earlier, it's an ugly word for such pretty water.
While one can use "turgid" in this sense, it's not exactly a pretty word.
Makes sense.  However, if someone had my laptop, and my iCloud login, they could then remotely erase my iPhones and iPads yes?
I have a question. I have used two step authentication for some time now. If I am logging in to the Apple ID management page using Safari, it goes through the process and sends me a text with a code. However, if I log into to iCloud in Safari, it does not engage the two step auth. Why is that?
Indeed there are devices available.  I have been using low level home automation with X10 and now Insteon for more than a decade.  I now can control most of my lighting with my iPhone from anywhere via Indigo.  I can also view security cameras on the phone.  There are two distinct markets for home automation and Apple.  One is the retrofit like I have done.  it is sometimes messy, but it works.  However, it is not for people who don't like to fiddle around with tech...
I worked for a post production company and we bought the old Mac Pros for between $5k and $8k typically.  The price of the new Mac Pro is not unreasonable, particularly considering the increases in computing and GPU power.  If I were buying one for that facility today it would be more expensive overall because we would have to buy new monitors (we don't have Thunderbolt or Mini Displayport monitors), new RAIDs, and new video input devices such as the AJA iO 4k.  For...