or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Newson has some experience designing furniture from solid blocks of source material.  This table was cut from a giant block of marble using a specialized saw with an abrasive cable as the cutting edge.  It is a continuous single piece of marble shaped like a table.  http://tinyurl.com/mqbdt9a   He also designed this aluminum table that appears to be a single cast piece.  http://tinyurl.com/kpogdsq 
I guess you can call that a fountain. It's actually in the middle of a runoff detention pond that would normally be dry. We have had significant rain in the last couple of weeks so it has some water in it at this moment. I think they aerate them to prevent algae growth while the water slowly drains out.
I posted this the last time we talked about Icahn:   From the Apple Corporate Governance Guidelines:   I. The Role of the Board of Directors The Board oversees the Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”) and other senior management in the competent and ethical operation of the Corporation on a day-to-day basis and assures that the long- term interests of the shareholders are being served. To satisfy its duties, directors are expected to take a proactive, focused...
Now THAT is funny.
So it's a burner iPhone?  Uhh, interesting.
Ballmer is so juvenile - he always been.  It's like he's in high school at a pep rally for the big game with the cross town rival.  Or even better, he's a lame rapper who can't put two words together, yet he constantly boasts how his rhymes are better than all the other MCs.   Dear Steve B:  The rest of us out here are adults.  Why can't you be one too?
 Given that there will be 650k iPads in the hands of kids and their parents I would say it's not political, but rather the district trying to not get sued for exposing kids to adult content.  With that many families involved you can be assured that there will be several who are looking for a lawsuit payout any way they can get one.  If there was no attempt to lock the iPads down there would have been a lawsuit from day one. Unfortunately now that it has been shown the the...
One thing that is interesting about this program is each kid will also have an Apple ID.  There is another big source of potential trouble for the district and Apple.
"The company is particularly proud of its new Touch Cover 2 keyboard accessory, boasting that it has nearly 1,100 sensors built in to improve accuracy when typing." Really? Why would you need that many sensors? Seems uh, sloppy.
From the Apple Corporate Governance Guidelines:  I. The Role of the Board of Directors The Board oversees the Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”) and other senior management in the competent and ethical operation of the Corporation on a day-to-day basis and assures that the long- term interests of the shareholders are being served. To satisfy its duties, directors are expected to take a proactive, focused approach to their position, and set standards to ensure that the...