or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

One thing that is interesting about this program is each kid will also have an Apple ID.  There is another big source of potential trouble for the district and Apple.
"The company is particularly proud of its new Touch Cover 2 keyboard accessory, boasting that it has nearly 1,100 sensors built in to improve accuracy when typing." Really? Why would you need that many sensors? Seems uh, sloppy.
From the Apple Corporate Governance Guidelines:  I. The Role of the Board of Directors The Board oversees the Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”) and other senior management in the competent and ethical operation of the Corporation on a day-to-day basis and assures that the long- term interests of the shareholders are being served. To satisfy its duties, directors are expected to take a proactive, focused approach to their position, and set standards to ensure that the...
 Months or even years.  When I was operations manager of a post production facility we NEVER upgraded the OS until we had good feedback that it was working well with our profit center softwares: Photoshop, Final Cut, Avid, After Effects etc.  Most post facilities are loath to upgrade because they cannot afford to have problems with their money making systems.  Nor do they want to have technical issues while clients are in the room.  There are still facilities out there...
There is a long history in industrial design of using plastic as a valuable, respected material instead of just a cheap material.  The high end use of plastic is somewhat of a niche in the design world and thus not well known to the masses.  A small Italian company called Kartell has been making high style plastic furniture products since the 60s.  When the original gumdrop iMac was released there were some who said it looked like a Kartell product.  Kartell had made...
 I too have found that the pen/tablet is much easier on the body than a mouse.  I have used one form of pen/tablet for more than 25 years (including one that had a wire coming out of the pen!).  Only a mouse causes me any pain.  I briefly worked as an At Home Advisor for Apple and their ergo department gave me the stink-eye when I brought up my theory about tablets vs. mice.  But I quit that job after 6 weeks so the mouse they made me use didn't have much time to mess me up.
 Applecare + has a 30 day window as well, but you have to submit to a phone diagnostic to prove that it in good condition.
The coolest thing Rubin ever did IMO was put his Welsh Terrier on the web via an early webcam back around his Web-TV days.  Here is a clip of Alex the Welsh Terrier in the Android offices having some more Rubin facilitated fun.   https://plus.google.com/+AndyRubin/posts/6GfMiy73w71
Is it just me or does this land parcel look like it's in a low spot terrain wise? Like may be prone to flooding during some freakish weather event?
I have also imagined a Lightning connector that fits fully inside the device so that if the device falls only the cable takes the impact.  The hard inflexible parts of the connector are inside the phone.  A lot of Lightning sockets get damaged when the outer body of the connector gets impacted or torqued.  By moving the rigid parts of the connector inside the phone, only the cable and it's strain relief would suffer the forces of impact.  I know this idea creates an...