or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

I would love to hire both of these companies to design and build an all laminated glass greenhouse/conservatory.  A really big one like for a botanical garden or similar.  With fully automated heating, cooling and shade management.  The whole thing would be controlled with a Mac Mini - in a glass box at the center of the conservatory.
Apple needs to provide a means of fixing this after the fact.  I was not aware of this issue and was an Apple At Home Advisor for iOS last year.  There is no mention of the need to disable iMessage before leaving iPhone in the iPhone User Guide either.
It is a premium BRAND, but not a premium product.  The BRAND allows them to sell an ordinary product at high prices.  The BRAND is doing all the work here, not the product itself.  If Apple was really interested in audio quality they would have purchased a company like Grado.  They would have given Tomilinson Holman carte blanche to improve the audio hardware in all Apple products to a higher standard.  Apple wants what the BRAND has to offer, not specifically the...
Yeah they have used those in Europe for decades.  Not sure why we don't use them more in USA since we are allegedly so security conscious these days.  Put them up at night, take them down in the morning.
I am looking forward to referring to him as "Billionaire Dr. Dre."
I had a similar experience when I worked in a quality control lab at a chemical plant.  One of the lab techs was making his own homebrew beer. Remember this was in the 70s when you were considered a massive weirdo if you made your own beer.  They ran his beer throughout the Gas Chromatograph and saw all sorts of things that were considered harmful chemicals - aldehydes in particular.  Of course those chemicals are responsible for many of the flavors in foods were hold...
Has anyone ever reported a problem to Apple regarding map data and actually seen the problem rectified?  I have reported the same issue with a parking garage in downtown Austin at least 6 times since Apple Maps made its debut.  Nothing, no change.  Still shows the Littlefield Parking Garage located at the Littlefield building, which is incorrect.  It is in fact across a street and around a corner.  Google has the location right and furthermore has the name of the garage...
When I was briefly an Apple At Home Advisor last year, restoring devices was the recommended "fix" way more often then you might think.
I my household we have a happy messy mix of iPhones, iPads, a Mac Mini (media server and security cam recorder) and a 2010 MBP.  I find I still use the lappy as my primary system and "second screen" for my massive amount of TV watching.  But the iPad Air and iPad 4 are still in that mix every day.  My wife has the Air and uses it constantly since I rarely give up the MBP.  For now this mix works perfectly.  In the future I'm not sure what we'll use as the MBP ages.
I think it would very interesting to see actual jewelry from Apple.  Designed by Ive and his team it would command a premium and would surely be beautiful.  I'm talking gems and precisous metal only - no electronics.  There are numerous specialty jewelry makers out there and like someone mentioned, the margins are amazing.  It would also serve to build the luxury component of the Apple brand.  The pure jewelry could even match or coordinate with the electronic jewelry of...