or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

I doubt the full on version of Photoshop will ever be on a tablet. Maybe a light version though for tweaking photos. I think the tablet will be more like Chumby.
I don't think the sauce is hardware. It is a variety of ingredients like all sauces that will make it special, even saucy you might say. The ingredients provide the flavors that make the dish delicious. These ingredients have to be perfect and work in concert to create a whole greater than the sum. To quote Rube from Dead Like me:The combination of the OS, App Store and most importantly new agreements with various content providers like newspapers and magazines will...
This article from The Street claims Apple will be using a PA Semi designed processor and not an Atom for the tablet. Now we know why Apple bought PA Semi. http://www.thestreet.com/story/10656...?kval=dontmiss
Yeah I'm trying to sort out what size to buy also. I am still using my Rev A 12" PowerBook (it's name is MiniMe) and while I love the size of the case I no longer love the small screen. Many web pages don't even fit without a scroll bar at the bottom. The 13" MBP looks good, but I wonder if that screen is big enough. It is much wider and that would be an improvement. However, I also want as much power as I can get to process Tivo files and the like - the 15" MBP seems...
There are keyboards here that are derived from the IBM Model M which was designed to mimic the Selectric:http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/keyboards.html
Mac Pros are comparably priced with their like kind from HP and others. You are paying for build quality and thus longevity. I have a rack stuffed with various Mac Pros and elderly G5s that still pull their weight. Failures are infrequent and when they happen Apple Care has taken care of the issue quickly and thus paid for itself. I can't take the risk of using a home built system for a profit center in my facility. When I buy computers I buy the high end name brands...
In my office we don't deny privileges in general. Pretty much every computer is shared in one way or another and most everyone has admin privileges. I have a multi-terabyte RAID that is shared off an Xserve and yes people can and do delete things. That is why I run Time Machine to another multi terabyte RAID for those "oops" problems on a daily basis, The whole RAID is backed up via Retrospect to LTO4. Individual project folders are also put to permanent archive on...
You mean like a . .. I dunno . . . a cube?
The company I work for has no roadmaps. We buy what we need when we need it if the money is there.
I disagree. I work for a post production/editorial/motion design company and if someone came to us with a really big job and we needed more hardware fast we might find this supply constraint a big problem. We have to run pretty lean (particularly these days) and cannot afford to have excess and idle hardware lying around. We have found ourselves in this very situation a a couple of times in the past.Sure we could probably find something that would get the job done,...