or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Okay that is really funny. Good one.
Yeah that blows. the show was pretty good out of the box and was getting better. Nicole Sullivan was good too. Back to the iPhone: I went back to the website and reviewed all the features. In some ways it seems like complete overkill for a light cell user like me. Maybe it would grow on me - I would find ways to use the features. My current 3 year old basic Samsung has one thing going for it - I've dropped it several time with no ill effects. I wonder if the same...
So what are the monthly charges going to be for service on this thing? I find it odd that AT&T has said nothing about that. I don't really know what a cell phone costs per month, but I figure it will at least $50/month.
First a brown Zune and now a touch table? I just don't get how this is significant. Is Kosmo Kramer working at MSFT?
This idea reminds me of my old beloved IIci. It was such a workhorse. A computer like that with a modern CPU and gfx would be perfect. It would need slots - that is the one thing that bugs me about the iMacs.
Does it fix the iCal alert position bug? Many have experienced this weirdness - the alerts pop up off the right side of the screen (sometimes the left with certain computers) with only a small amount of the alert window visible. It started with 10.4.8
Wouldn't your arms get really tired after using such a setup for more than about 30 minutes? Sitting in an Aeron driving a mouse or a Wacom is much less exertion.
You still have to type in the URL. And the text for your Google search. And if you are doing graphic work you still have to type in your text and values etc. Sending email - typing. Posting in a forum - typing. I used an edit system for years that had the option of entering text using an on screen keyboard or a real hard keyboard. The hard keyboard was faster and more accurate. It's pretty easy to hit the wrong letter when using a pen/screen type selector and it...
So no indication of a replaceable battery? Wow. I just don't get that. What is so hard about designing a case that allows you to snap in a new battery? This is the one thing about Apple I just don't get. You would think they would have learned something from the whole iPod battery fiasco.
Hmm, I doubt any of the desktop case parts are cast. The exterior parts all look stamped and machined to me. Maybe hydroformed to get some of those nice curves. Casting is much more expensive than stamping. Laptops might have some cast parts due to high strength needs and unusual shapes. Of course this is Apple we are talking about here, so who knows?