or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Thank you for saying this. I too have wondered why people want tablets. They are the ergonomic equivalent of the Vulcan Death Grip - hard to master and replete with unpleasant results. If you think about the companies that have made tablets, none of them are known for their ergonomic prowess or even basic industrial design skills. I seriously doubt Apple will make a large tablet for this reason. The always popular (on the interwebs anyway) touchscreen computers suffer...
This would not have happened if Apple made their products in the US.
I hope so. I use QTSS and Broadcaster with a Kona card to stream Avid edit sessions to a client in New York from our facility in Austin. I works, but not very well. There have been firewall and ISP problems in the past. The setup also has trouble keeping audio in sync, but that appears to the a Broadcaster problem. I'd like to have HTTP streaming as an option.
WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.
That's the one that bugs me the most. And now that there is one study that indicates glossy is bad for your head, I want matte even more.
One thing people don't seem to account for is that Apple puts a lot more effort into the industrial design process than most companies. You pay for that. You pay for the salaries of talented industrial designers who spend many man hours making decisions about things other companies don't bother with. I imagine them fretting over every little radius and angle. Arguing for days over choice of plastic for the case or the jacket for the cables. Look inside a Mac and see...
What the Frak? This could eith be huge or be a giant waste of patent office paper. Besides, I don't want to jump around and wave my arms when playing games. I want to sit and push buttons.
Wow has Apple EVER moved this fast to fix such an issue? I don't even think they acted this quickly when an OS update killed ethernet ports on Macs all over the world a number of years ago.
I was in the Barton Creek store last week and I checked a 13" MBP. System profiler showed 1.5Gbps. This was without any SSD in the slot. This article says Apple has a problem with their drivers:Macsimum News
That is what I remember - Adobe was having to pretty much rewrite the code (or whatever the proper technical term is) for the apps. What I don't remember is if Adobe gave a time frame for the rewrite. Seems like timing it to the release of Snow Leopard might make sense.