or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Not supported by Apple or covered by Applecare. Problem not solved.
Yep, I've got a friend with a Closed Captioning business who processes HD video all the time. She was ready for a 12 core with some other nice speed improvements like USB 3 etc. She is disappointed and will not buy the 12 core at that price. She'll either wait or go with the 8 core.
Well, if you have to ask . . .
So I tried the new Vimeo settings. Pushed the button to "make videos mobile ready", but it doesn't work. When I go to one of our Vimeo URLs using my iPhone it loads, but it has a slash through it and won't play. Any thoughts? http://vimeo.com/12986123 Update: Re-navigated to the Vimeo site on iPhone and got a message that says "mobile versions of your videos are being made right now, check back later" I guess they are overloaded. I triggered the change about 5...
Well if it was like the Foldbox in Heinlein's Glory Road, that would be startling. Bigger on the inside than on the outside.
Gamehouse and King.com games crash the Flash plug in Safari on my MacBook Pro i7 all the time. Sometimes they crash Safari too.
I think these labs are a perfect example of how Apple manages to keep the user experience so high. It is inconceivable to imagine such a lab for the Windows environment. Once IBM relinquished control over the hardware, all was lost.
I would suggest something similar to Diburnium, but considerably more dense
So would we dare look far into the future? Let's assume Apple continues on their current path of expanding desktop and laptop market share driven in part by the iOS product halo effect. As OS X continues to expand, at some point would Apple actually need a mid range computer? I dunno, let's just pull this out of my proctal area and say at 20% market share would it make more sense for them to have a broader desktop range? What percentage of the Windows market is...
100% correct. ^^^^I know a lot of people with 3G phones - I'm one of them. I do not know of a single 3G user running iOS4 who is happy with the upgrade. Those who are trying to explain the problems away or dismiss them don't know what they are talking about.My wife has a 3GS and it runs great. My 3G has numerous problems most of which have been mentioned in this thread.