or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

This⬆⬆⬆ I am typing this on a 12" Powerbook 867MHz G4 running Leopard. It's seven years old and is used every day for hours. I built my new MBP to have everything as fast and big as I could since I will keep it for at least four years. Who knows, maybe even seven. And remember that if Apple installs the RAM they warranty it. If you use third party RAM and have a problem, that is the first thing they ask you. They ask you to remove it before they will attempt repairs.
One thing I thought of is that by using this longer "barrel" they have created, under some circumstances, more of a lever action which should pop the connector off easier and with less stress to the cable. Previously the cable emerged in parallel with the connector and socket. Now it is at a right angle and has a longer strain relief. I bet the force needed to separate the connector is going to be less from almost all directions except pulling straight back along the...
Really? So why then is my "i" series MBP not going to ship until the 30th when I ordered it a week ago? You need to check the thread on MBP delays.http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...pple_says.html
What is RI?
I have a ship date of April 30 for my 15", i7, anti-glare, 8 gigs, 7200 rpm drive. I ordered last Friday from a local vendor - not Apple store. The applecare package arrived this past Tuesday.
That does sound nice, but I still wonder about the lack of a file sharing scheme other than email (and iTunes - forgot). I guess if you were not using your iPad to create files except email it wouldn't be much of an issue.
There are some who disagree: Computer World
Pairing an iPad with anything has one sticky problem: A little thing called a file system. Moving your work between the two systems is a pain. You can't mount the iPad nor mount the MBP. You can't even use something like Air Sharing yet. Email is all you gotz. That will get old.
Yeah there's no getting around that. Unfortunately no one ever says to me "Here's 3 grand, go buy yourself something pretty."
Agreed. Apple might choose to skip USB 3 and try to leapfrog everyone on LightPeak kind of like they did with "n" Wifi. They released products using 802.11n before the final spec was approved.