or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

oops wrong thread Nevermind
Yeah maybe it was Canada I was thinking of instead of UK. I knew it was some foreign pseudo english speaking place.
I mentioned that in another thread - in the UK pad equates to tampon. The Senseo coffee maker people initially marketed coffee "pads", but changed the name to" pods" when they realized that associating tampons with delicious coffee was not going to work. I think Apple has the same problem.
In England wouldn't iPad translate to iTampon?
Uhhhh, right Considering I'm 52 years old and the operations manager and IT person at a Mac centric video post production company, I don't accept your characterization of naivety and shyness on my part. Time to change your bong water?
That kind of goes without saying, so why did you say it?
I get that, but it still has a clunky inelegant air about it. That is most definitely not Apple-like. I can't throw the iSlate down on my desk like I do a pad. I can't leave the iSlate on the edge of a server in the rack and knock it to the floor accidentally like I do a paper pad. I most likely won't be able to hold on to the much heavier iSlate for long periods of time like I can a pad. Does a paper note pad really need to be computerized?Of course market share is...
Well my neck doesn't like being bent at strange angles for extended periods of time. Nor to my wrists and elbows. Some other parts of my body like it just fine, but that's not important right now.
I still have questions about the overall ergonomic soundness of these (any) tablets. Are you supposed to hold it in one hand while you interface with the screen using the other hand? Won't the holding hand get tired? Set it on the table and the screen no longer faces your eyes. Hold it in your lap and again screen not oriented to your face. I just don't see how this sort of physical human interface is any kind of improvement over the laptop with an adjustable screen...
Some how I envision Regis Philbin gesticulating wildly over his iSlate. Eeewwww.