or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

If you want to see the areas with double digit UNemployment check this map. AP Economic Stress Map And considering the location of Apple's server farm, while it would make sense to build in an area that needs employment it is not the primary concern. Reliable power is very important to server farms. Google built one in Oregon in a somewhat remote location because is had easy access to hydroelectric power which is very reliable compared to most other sources. Of course...
Well I guess my statement was from the standpoint of a taxpayer, but from the standpoint of a worker I feel your pain. In order to keep my job I took a 32% pay cut last November. No sign of my pay level being restored any time soon. Things suck all over. Good luck.
These things are not necessarily connected in any way. It is certainly possible to have a very green state that also has a healthy economy. Just because it hasn't worked in California doesn't mean it can't work elsewhere. Regarding Apple's potential tax break in North Carolina: Taxes should be the same in every state and there should be no tax variances/abatements granted to anyone. Those are nothing more than bribery. We have had a lot of those here in Texas and...
Agree completely. While it's all way cool and stuff, touchy touchy swipey swipey - it isn't a practical form factor for user input. I have an iPhone and fortunately I don't text much, because typing on it is a pain. People can always tell you have an iPhone because you always mistype the same words. I suppose if I work in a restaurant and need a tablet to build an order taking system, or work in a hospital and need a medical info collection device an Apple tablet might...
What will this card mean for Color? We have a guy who is a trained colorist / editor who wants to use Color on professional jobs. However, it isn't real time in HD and we have been hoping that Apple would offer a card that accelerates the rendering in Color. Clients paying high dollar for color sessions expect a certain level of performance from the equipment - Color is close, but not quite what we want it to be.
And there it it. The disdainful epithet hurled by so called "parents" at anyone without children who dares to question the divinity and sanctity of children. Typically this insult is directed at people when they complain about kids behaving badly in public places like airplanes or restaurants. That, or when you complain, the parents get insulted that you are "questioning" their parenting. Yes, I am. Your kid is behaving like a rabid donkey - do something about it.I...
You are probably right - they could do it if they were very careful. Maybe they are waiting for the just perfect moment. And I do wonder what they are planning to do with the outrageous amount of cash they keep.
And thus they choose to ignore a significant number of potential users simply because they have Macs. That is a pretty simplistic assumption to make that facilities won't have Macs because they cost more.People have said his thousands of times - it means nothing unless it it Apples to Apples and Oranges to Oranges, and the majority of the price comparisons are not. I still don't buy the overpriced argument. Marketing hype and bull. Apple refines things, but they call it...
What does "taken seriously" mean? You keep saying "grossly overpriced" - how would you know? Do you work for Apple and have information about how much they pay for parts and assembly services? Do you have insider information about how much their development costs are? A MacPro is almost the same price as an HP specified with the same components. How is that overpriced? Many here have posted comparisons showing that Apple laptops are similar in price when fairly...
Considering how much money Apple makes (and just made this last quarter) and that they have something like $28 billion cash in the bank, I would say your statement is meaningless.