or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Try this plug-in for Mail. Incoming mail pops up in an overlay that you can size how you wish. The overlay has To, From, Subject, Mailbox and the body of the email displayed. I use it every day and it is very helpful. It's a beta, but I don't have issues with it. MailAppetizer MailAppetizer does not yet work with Snow Leopard, but you can get a current build if you like taking risks: MailAppetizer for Snow Leopard build There are tons of other helpers for Apple Mail...
What we are running into is transfer times for large video projects are painful. Sometimes we get a drive from the client and they want to start working right away. We won't work off of a client drive (not safe if something goes wrong) so the copying begins. Even if they wait until later in the day we still spend a lot of time copying files around. Once to my archive server where I stage files before writing to LTO4 for safety. Then to the system that is going to be...
To paraphrase Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein: Why thank you doctor!
Yes, such at the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G PCIe 2.0 Controller Card. Driverless, hot plug, etc. Anyone tried this nifty card?
I agree. as you can see I like the aluminum case:
Actually the NHTSA just released a report fingering operator error as the cause of "unintended acceleration" in the Toyotas. Curious thing, operator error.
You really need to come inside the bubble. Because inside the bubble those things don't exist.
Well considering how they shrunk the Mini quite a bit maybe we do have that to look forward to. Apple still likes aluminum, but now they like it heavily CNC machined instead of punched and hydro formed.
I live in Texas and have for most of my life. How shall I put this? Uh, Texas and all of it's cities are ugly. Very, very few people here have any real appreciation or knowledge of design - whether it is phones or city planning. They like to pretend they care about their past, but they don't. Texas treats their cities and neighborhoods just like Los Angeles - they tear them down when they get old thus destroying any desirable character. So a cell tower is a non-issue....
Man what color is the sky in your world dude? CR is the ONLY source in the world today for dispassionate, fact based analysis of consumer products. They do not succumb to pressure and do not accept advertising. One possible reason Apple could have deleted the threads is that CR almost never let's people reprint their reviews or even reference them. They sue and win. Their tests are performed carefully and their ratings combine test results for surveys provided by...