or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

In general Apple does not surf the crest of the performance wave. Their systems never have leading edge components or performance. It is not their design philosophy or marketing strategy to release new products merely to brag about speed gains etc. No doubt a Quad core MBP would be nice, but I bet it would have terrible battery life and be hot and heavy. All three of those conditions are non-starters for Apple.
Agreed. Just as they do with design Apple also does with marketing. They keep it simple and don't do anything unnecessary. An unveiling event just isn't needed. They will sell.
I've thought about Apple graphics and CPU performance for some time and have reached this conclusion: Apple does not make leading edge, state of the art computers. Apple makes extremely well thought out, beautiful and beautifully functioning computers. It's all about balance - literally and figuratively. Anyone who bemoans Apple's lack of fast graphics cards does not understand what I think Apple's goals are in the laptop market. I really don't believe they care about...
Normal people who don't come here to get information about computers. People who are just as unconcerned and uninformed about what is inside their laptop as they are about what is under the hood of their car. There are millions of them.
Does this paper have any track record regarding Apple product news?
You have a good wife as do I. Our dog died yesterday and last night she said "you need to get a new Mac" to take your mind off poor old departed Nigel.Come on Apple, we are waiting!
I have read the entire thread. My statement stands.
No not really, but you have littered a perfectly good thread with thousands of words that have nothing to do with the subject.
I just checked out the Z on the Sony website. Meh. I prefer the more european/German esthetic of the Apple products over the typical Sony Japanese vaguely Pagoda-esque style. It's too busy, too many angles and protuberances. I prefer Audi over Lexus. The technical features are nice, but none of them are enough to get me to switch to Windows. Apple may not be cutting edge on a every single feature (or any features for that matter) but the entire package is so nicely...
Maybe the sales person was thrown off by the OPs confederate flag t-shirt? Or his teabagger gimme cap?