or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Andy Rubin is laughing all the way to his really, really big bank.
Any Marvell chips in there? Oh, found the Chipworks piece - nope, no Marvell.
Yes a VERY long time. I'm at over 2 hours now for the install. The download was fast, but the install - I think I dozed off.
My guess is that they had two goals: attractive design and heat dissipation. The aluminum case should do a pretty good job of moving heat around while looking so very nice.
So it seems. However, a really good BluRay player cost several hundreds of dollars. Adding a BluRay drive to the Mini would work, but the video output quality would surely be lacking. No room for the necessary processing video chips.
This computer's rubber bottom makes me moist. Very nicely done all around, but I agree on the price. Just a little too high. I was considering a Mini about a month ago and heard new ones were expected. I waited and meanwhile another round of pay cuts is on the way at work. New Mini plus a higher price with less pay means no Mini for me. Configured the way i want it is $1599. Ouchy.
Macbook Pro i7 with 8 gigs ram. Took Safari 5 on a little trip to the Apple site to view the FaceTime video. Got about 5 seconds of video followed by a freeze frame and beach ball for 20 seconds. Then the video zoomed forward super fast to where it would have been after 20 seconds. Then it beachballed again. Reloaded the page and it played fine. Similar issues with the iPhone 4 video. Not impressed. Can I have Safari 4 back now please?
Considering how primitive the computers flying the shuttle are (all 5 of them), the iPhone is overkill. The Shuttle OS does have 400,000 lines of code however. Is that a lot?
Not following you. What do you mean by "this?"
I can understand you not being comfortable with that sort of "curation" as Jobs now characterizes the process. I however, welcome it. I don't feel angry or deprived by Apple deciding what wares I get to choose. Just doesn't bother me. I don't lose sleep over apps I can't have. Most of us have bigger problems.