or Connect

Posts by WelshDog

Does it fix the iCal alert position bug? Many have experienced this weirdness - the alerts pop up off the right side of the screen (sometimes the left with certain computers) with only a small amount of the alert window visible. It started with 10.4.8
Wouldn't your arms get really tired after using such a setup for more than about 30 minutes? Sitting in an Aeron driving a mouse or a Wacom is much less exertion.
You still have to type in the URL. And the text for your Google search. And if you are doing graphic work you still have to type in your text and values etc. Sending email - typing. Posting in a forum - typing. I used an edit system for years that had the option of entering text using an on screen keyboard or a real hard keyboard. The hard keyboard was faster and more accurate. It's pretty easy to hit the wrong letter when using a pen/screen type selector and it...
So no indication of a replaceable battery? Wow. I just don't get that. What is so hard about designing a case that allows you to snap in a new battery? This is the one thing about Apple I just don't get. You would think they would have learned something from the whole iPod battery fiasco.
Hmm, I doubt any of the desktop case parts are cast. The exterior parts all look stamped and machined to me. Maybe hydroformed to get some of those nice curves. Casting is much more expensive than stamping. Laptops might have some cast parts due to high strength needs and unusual shapes. Of course this is Apple we are talking about here, so who knows?
Relentless pursuit of and obsession with market share will ultimately result in a commoditized product and thus a dramatic lowering of product quality and desireablility.Let's not get carried away with wishing greater marketshare on Apple.
Movie called "The Groove Tube" - old but funny.
Uh, the brown one made me immediately think of this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...57865278871719 The places my mind goes . .
I tend to agree, my 12" PBG4 rev a 867MHz has not been kind to batteries. First one worked well for two years of light use and then started crapping out - computer would sleep without warning. Always did the calibration as directed. Bought another battery from Apple and now at 16 months it is behaving the same way - even worse actually. I was very close to buying a NewerTech higher capacity battery from OWC, but now I don't have to. The new crappier battery I bought...
This from a poster named "Kido" on the Tivo Community forums on 8/17:Sounds too good to be true.http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4284749