or Connect

Posts by mturner8

So if I do buy an external DVD drive to run my R2 discs, how do I set it up? Won't a DVD drive be set to only play R1 discs? It would be great if the inbuilt iMac DVD player would play my R1 discs and an external drive play my R2 discs but I've just never done anything like that so I'm not sure how I'd set that up? HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!!
Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation for an external DVD player that I can attach to my iMac that would act as a Region 2 DVD drive. I'll run R1 DVD's locally using the iMac drive and R2 discs using the external drive - I believe I can do that, right? I don't need a burner - just a reader. Once the DVD has been recognized by the conversion software I'm using I'll rip it to MP4 so that I can put the DVD contents on my iPod Touch. I'd like to try and keep it...
Where would I get one of these? I checked Amazon, Ebay, etc. but can't find one with the searches I'm doing???? Also, would I need to search for a special drive? Surely even external drives are only set to R1, no?And would the iMac recognize that drive? If so, I could use that with the conversion (DVD to MP4) software I have and that would solve the problem - is it as easy as I'm making it sound?
Good advice - and that's the way I'm thinking of tackling this now.
Hi folks, O.K., I'm going to try and keep this as short and sweet as possible in the hopes that A) this thread will get read and B) that I'll get some replies! I'm really in a hole and so am throwing myself at the mercy of all you amazing Apple techy-minded folks! I want to find a way to be able to put my Region 2 DVD's on my iPod via my iMac. I don't want to plug in an external region free drive. I don't want to change the iMac's firmware. So what I'm looking...
Hi folks, I'm looking for a DVD software player that plays DVD's from any region on my iMac, which is running Leopard OSX. From everything I've read, the VLC software SHOULD enable me to do this - but I've downloaded it and it doesn't!!! I've disabled the DVD Player that comes with the iMac and changed the settings so that the VLC software is what launches when a DVD loaded and although it'll see and run Region 1 DVD's fine, it won't pick up on, say, a Region 2...
Hi all, I just switched over from a BlackBerry to an iPhone. The lady in the AT&T store said it would be easy to upload my contacts from my BB to my new iPhone. She downloaded all my contacts to a thumb-drive and then told me to go to www.cellbrite.com, download the phonebook application and use that software along with the info on the thumb-drive to upload my contacts to the iPhone. Sounds easy enough - except that the website she gave me doesn't seem to have the...
I really appreciate you replying but I honestly need a little more explicite instruction than that, i.e. step by step, what to check, what not to check, etc. I'm a real novice on the Mac and all it's sw programs and although I did what you suggested already, it doesn't seem to be compressing a 30 second clip sufficiently - does it seem right to you that a 30 second clip taken with the Mac's own camera would be 26MB? I have no frame of reference so this might be right? ...
I'm throwing together my first website, built with iWeb, and it's coming together nicely. The main purpose of the site is to show Grandma and Grandpa back in England what their little 15 month grandson is up to. As part of the site I'm trying to post video - which I have done successfully. However, I keep getting the message whenever I carry a video over to iWeb that the file is really big which basically could make it slow going for those accessing the site. I'm...
Does Skype allow for video as well as voice?