or Connect

Posts by jragosta

The only problem is that those facts don't support anything.1. It's only a limited selection of carriers.2. It's only one country.3. It lists the numbers of models on sale - it does not list the number sold of each model. It is possible that more of the cheaper (i.e., smaller) phones are sold even though they only make up 37% of the SKUs.So, once again, where's the evidence to support your claims? You said that most phones being sold were over 4.5" - yet you haven't...
Is there ANYTHING that you aren't an expert on? /sFirst it was the iPhone 5 - Apple would NEVER release a 4" phone. 3.5" is perfect and no one could possibly want a different size.Then the iPad Mini - Apple would never release a smaller iPad. 10" is perfect and no one could possibly want a different size.Then the Ives charity table which you so blithely label as ugly.Then the iPhone 5C - which you consider a 'bad' material, even though most people think it's a quality...
That's what happened to me the last time they changed their plans when I was still using AT&T. No change in service, rate went up quite a bit ($30-40, IIRC).
That's what I said earlier - if they use a different antenna for every subscriber and don't mingle the channels, one could argue that it's private. I just couldn't find anything on their site that confirms that each subscriber gets their own antenna or that the signals are not mixed.
It's not that clear - for two reasons:1. They don't make it clear whether it's one antenna dedicated to an individual subscriber or whether the antennae are shared. If the antennae are shared, it's more problematic. If each subscriber gets their own antenna that is used only for that person - and if there's no mixing of signals, then I would agree with you.2. Even if it's a dedicated antenna, though, they will record the show and then send it to you later via the Internet....
I don't know about MetroPCS, but with Straight Talk, you pay $45 per month for unlimited text, voice calls and data (although the data can allegedly be throttled if you're a big user, but I've never noticed that). So your three phones would be $135 per month - or $60 less than you're paying. Over 2 years, that's $1440 per line - easily enough to buy a phone off contract and pocket quite a bit. Plus, you'd have unlimited data whereas your AT&T plan doesn't appear to be...
But there's a difference between you capturing something for your own use and someone capturing it for rebroadcast.I'm actually surprised that the broadcasters lost - there must be some loophole that Aereo uses. Ordinarily, you can not rebroadcast shows without violating the copyright. I'll have to read the details of the previous decisions to see why Aereo was able to get away with it.ETA:I reviewed the complaint and it's just what I expected. The law is quite clear that...
Don't worry about it - Munster says that they stuffed millions of phones into the channel and Kuo says that demand has fallen off a cliff./s
Because Samsung is considered a fab shop (at least for the chips sold to Apple). As such, they're not selling the chips into the market. Apple is in essentially the same boat as Qualcomm.You could do it either way (and some surveys do look at who actually makes the chip), but whatever you do, counting Apple and Qualcomm the same way makes sense.Essentially, what these results are saying is that for the mobile market, the majority of business is custom chips purchased by...
That's exactly why I switched from AT&T to Straight Talk over a year ago. I've been completely happy with the change. I lose visual voice mail and have to settle for 3G data speeds, but considering that my monthly bill was cut in half, I'm OK with that.