or Connect

Posts by jragosta

It's also time dependent. When I first saw it, I didn't like it. After using it for a couple of days, I was completely neutral - not caring one way or the other. Now, I like it moderately well (I don't think I'll ever say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I never get that excited about appearance, anyway).Compound that with the fact that there are multiple analyses from multiple different sources. EVERY ONE has the 5C being a decent seller. The estimates...
Whether that's true or not, it's irrelevant.Apple created a chip with incredible performance. It has 64 bits, more registers, etc. Why would the user care about exactly how much was contributed to performance by each feature?I don't know. My guess is that it would not have a detachable keyboard and would look a lot like the current MBA, but who knows?
Or that White simply hasn't gotten around to fabricating a rumor about the Mini yet.
But, but, but, but..... no one's buying the 5C? Apple simply stuffed the channels. /s
I don't see it any time soon. Even the slowest MBA is still many times faster than the iPhone 5S. While the 5S might be enough for many people, I just don't see Apple introducing a new Mac which is an order of magnitude slower than the old one.Heck, think about how much grief the got over the PowerPC - which was faster than the old one with native apps, but a good bit slower with Rosetta. If EVERYTHING is forced to run slower, it would be disastrous.I can, however, see a...
I don't think it's as simple as that. It's about capability.The A7 gives the 5S the capability to change the key of a song in real time. That's a capability that other phones don't offer. While it is undoubtedly meaningless to most people, for some people, it would be enough to justify buying the phone. Other developers are finding similar quantum leaps in performance which open new capabilities.While I agree that "my phone runs game xyz 3% faster than your phone" is a...
That's true in much of the world. In the U.S. with a major carrier, it's $100 vs $200 - which is enough to make the cheaper one relatively more attractive than if you had to pay the full price.I understand all about subsidies, but that's a red herring. If you're like most Americans, you pay the same amount per month whether you get a new phone every 2 years or not, so you might as well do it - so the effective cost is $100 or $200 (or nothing if you get a 4S).
Absolute nonsense.The Mac is a "closed" system (to use the terminology that is widely used, even though it's not really accurate). Always has been. Probably always will be. You knew that when you bought it. If you can't live with that, no one's making you buy a Mac or iPhone. Feel free to buy a Linux or Android device if you wish.Apple's business model is clear. You don't get to change it after the fact simply because you don't like it.
Then don't buy one. Problem solved.The fact is that Apple followed the same practice as earlier phones. Good, Better, Best. Each year, there's a new Best and the previous Best drops to Better. The only difference this year is that the new Better is not exactly the same as the previous Best - it has a new case, and somewhat improved internals. Unless you're working in Apple's finance department, you have no idea what the cost difference is. In the end, they decided that...
The more information that comes out, the more impressive the A7 sounds. It's pointless to argue with the trolls about whether it's the 64 bit architecture, more registers, faster data access, or new instructions. Unless you're a developer, no one cares. Its capability is unprecedented in a mobile chip.I'm extremely impressed by the audio convolution. Changing the key of a song in real time and having it come out smooth is amazing.