or Connect

Posts by jragosta

Yet you keep ignoring the point that Samsung, Asus, HTC, LG, and others thought it was going to improve their sales enough to matter. Who knows the market better - them or you?And the difference is more than 'a few percentage points'.
OK. Very slight modification to my statement - but the gist doesn't change:Let's see. You (an anonymous nobody on AI) say that benchmarks aren't important enough to change buying decisions.Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung, and others think that they're important enough to cheat on the benchmark testing.Who is more likely to know about the customers' buying behavior?Besides, even if you were right and it didn't matter - that simply makes those companies stupid as well as dishonest.
You didn't read the article.The documents WERE marked "Confidential - lawyer's eyes only" when Apple submitted them. They could not delete relevant information because the judge told them to include the information - assuming that the attorneys would follow the law.What apparently happened is that Samsung's lawyers then gave them to a consultant who created a document without the warning. Samsung needs to be SERIOUSLY penalized and the attorneys should be disbarred.
They did.2 hour presentation. 15 seconds on 64 bit. One hour, 59 minutes and 45 seconds on other topics.Seems to me that Apple didn't hype 64 bit at all.
Let's see. You (an anonymous nobody on AI) say that benchmarks aren't important.Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung, and others think that they're important enough to cheat on the benchmark testing.Who is more likely to know about the customers' buying behavior?Besides, even if you were right and it didn't matter - that simply makes those companies stupid as well as dishonest.
That would work - if you could get any of the reviewers to do it. Unfortunately, most of the reviewers are so deeply in Samsung's camp that they'd never go along.
So you're once again left with the question - why did all those companies cheat if no one cares about the result? Obviously, Asus, HTC, LG, Samsung and others think it's important enough to risk getting caught cheating. So why should we accept your "it doesn't matter" over their "it matters enough that we're going to cheat"?I agree. Just to make it clear what you're referring to (you didn't link to it):http://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks
So they think that lying about the benchmarks will help them in reviews.So your "it's nothing but a geek pissing contest" statement is false -by your own admission.
Then why did all those companies feel that it's important enough for them to fake the results?And why do so many reviews include benchmark scores?
Yep. My 2006 MBP is just fine for every day use since I replaced the hard disk with an SSD. Too bad it's limited to 3GB of RAM.