or Connect

Posts by jragosta

Evidence? It could well be that Apple wouldn't sell a single additional phone. If everyone who would actually buy an iPhone already buys one regardless of size, selling a larger phone wouldn't get them additional sales.Granted, I suspect that they'd sell some more, but I've never seen any evidence that it would be significant.ROTLFMAO. So you think that some speculation from before the launch of the phone is evidence? In reality, the two Apple phones sold 9 M units in one...
First, Google was not in possession of something they stole from you. They put a cookie on YOUR computer, they didn't take anything.Regardless, what you are describing is handled as a criminal trespass, not a civil case.Except that it's not breaking and entering. Look up the law instead of posting stupid things.If you want to make an analogy, it's closest to criminal trespass - which is why it is best handled via criminal or administrative action - as it was.
The judge never said any such thing. The judge said that the plaintiffs didn't prove any significant harm. That's not the same as saying it's OK.I never said that no harm had been done. I said that the plaintiffs apparently failed to prove any harm, or if they did, it was de minimis.Personally, I think they should have the book thrown at them and that the sanctions and fines should be several orders of magnitude higher than they were. But that doesn't change the fact that...
Ding, ding, ding, ding. Follow the money.Except that I don't see anyone suggesting that news be suppressed.I do see a lot of people pointing out that it's not particularly meaningful, though.
That's total nonsense.The judge is absolutely correct. The plaintiffs filed a civil case which means that they have to prove harm. They were unable to do so. Harm doesn't need to be financial, although it usually is. In this case, they couldn't show any harm. Seeing an ad that's relevant for your interests rather than an unrelated ad isn't something that is, per se, harmful.However, that doesn't mean that they have a license to break privacy laws as you claim. They...
I don't think it's quite that simple.The large screen Android phones have sold reasonably well because that's the only thing that Android makers have to talk about. So they have differentiated their product based on size - and are capturing people who need a reason not to buy iPhones -- or who would never have bought an iPhone, anyway. It's not at all clear that a larger iPhone would sell a lot more (or any more) than the current sizes.Apple started with only a single...
That's not at all true.They'd have at least 3 separate versions:Microsoft Windows Television Entertainment Experience Center for HomeMicrosoft Windows Television Entertainment Experience Center for OfficeMicrosoft Windows Television Entertainment Experience Center for MobileThey might have an Enterprise version, too. Oh, and don't forget separate versions for 32 and 64 bit.Feel free to provide evidence to back those claims. And "one in five school districts has purchased A...
Wait a second. The story last month was that Apple's numbers were exaggerated because they stuffed the channels with both models. But if the 5S only had a 27% availability, where were all the phones that got stuffed into the channels?If his numbers are accurate, it's pretty good news - and says that they're continuing to sell them at a rapid clip.
Based on the tiny number of people who report their bugs to this company.While it's likely that there will be more bugs on the 5S than on the 5C, I doubt if this company has any real evidence to back up their 'twice as likely" or "2%" claims.
That may be true - but at least we didn't create Justin BieberNonsense. In what way are the Democrats lying?Bull. The ACA was passed by both houses of Congress - including plenty of Republicans. And Congress is free to try to appeal it if they wish.Oh, and btw, please explain why this plan was so good when Romney implemented it in Massachusetts, but it's now terrible. Even more to the point, it's almost exactly the same plan the Republicans proposed in opposition to...