or Connect

Posts by DavidW

That's almost a sure bet. It's amazing how many liberals likes to cite that the top 1% of the World richest owns 90% of the wealth without actually looking into what it takes to be in the top 1%.  1% of the World population is 70,000,000 people. To be in the top 1%, one don't even need to have $1,000,000 in wealth. Just $750,000 in wealth will get you there. That's wealth minus all debt, not annual income. 10% of the World population is 700,000,000 people. To have more...
 No, the resellers also had a lot to do with it. For years, they would get some one that came in to buy an Apple, to buy the cheaper Apple clone. They made more money selling the clone than selling an Apple. And Apple only got the license fee for every clone they sold. This almost put Apple out of business. So when Jobs returned and stop licensing Mac OS to the clone makers and all these Apple resellers ended up competing for a limited amount Apple true customers. And even...
Everyone here is getting it a lll wrong. What Jeb Bush actually said, while gesturing toward his new iWatch was ……….. This will be the reason why putting your money into AAPL would be better for your financial health than into a health plan under ACA.    And I hope he's right. Not because I'm a Republican, but because I'm an AAPL shareholder.  
 Well, most people would need something.  Do you know what your standing heartbeat rate or blood pressure are? Or what they are after walking a block or running a mile or climbing a flight of stairs? Or how long it takes for them to return to normal? Or if they exceed what would be considered normal for the activity you're engaged in? Or how far you walked in a day and how many calories you burned doing it?  Running is not healthy for everyone. What if you have high blood...
 In reality, individuals cannot avoid paying corporate taxes. The taxes that corporations pays are included in the price of the product or service they sell. Every time an individual buys something from a corporation, that person is paying a little bit of the taxes that the corporation has to pay on the profits from that sale.  And then we have the argument that individuals that are shareholders of a corporation do indeed pay corporate taxes. It's factored into the price...
 Maybe not "ex post-facto" in the common sense of the phrase. But for sure it would not be ethical for a government to overlook any tax avoidance loopholes, that was being used by a multitude of big corporations, over the course of many years and not once warning any them that the practice might fall under the anti-avoidance provision. And then, 5 or 10 years down the line, they decided that using that loophole falls under the anti-avoidance provision and back taxes for 5...
 But most of those examples are not true "retroactive". In most (if not all) of those cases, it seems as though the laws only went back to the date the change was proposed and it took the government several months to over a year to actually pass the law. The corporation most likely knew the law was going to change on those "retroactive" dates if they pass.  It's not like the corporation didn't know that what they're doing, tax wise, might be illegal, if the new tax code...
 They did to same thing to Apple, Inc in the US. And the US Senate special committee found that Apple was not doing anything illegal, even though they have not paid any US tax on over $100B they have in foreign holdings. The committee recommended changing the tax codes.  However, in the US, they can't make any changes in the tax code retroactive. If they close a loophole, it's close from when the new tax code takes effect and can not be enforced on any past tax year. That...
 No tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is illegal. They are not the same.  I can legally avoid paying taxes on $5000 (on this years income at least.) by putting it into a tax deferred IRA. Or I can illegally evade paying taxes on $5000 just by not declaring it on my income. You can legally avoid paying taxes but there's no such thing as legally evade paying taxes.  Here's what the US government can't do. (Can't speak for the Australian government though.) They can not...
 Besides the option play, the price of AAPL didn't jump because the good quarter news was already factored in the share price. For the past month there has been nothing but news about how Apple is going to report a good quarter, if not a record breaking quarter. So the price of AAPL went up accordingly in the past month. If there were bad news about the quarter, then AAPL might only have been in the low $120's and shot up to $130 after surprising good quarter results. But...