or Connect

Posts by eat@me

[quote]Originally posted by Talibabble: Can anyone recommend a good book for Objective C for Cocoa Development? A beginners tutorial or reference manual for learning this? Thanks alot
Sorry, I mean a Good Objective C book. I am getting Hillegass's Cocoa Development book which is on order. Thx
Can anyone recommend a good book for Objective C for Cocoa Development? A beginners tutorial or reference manual for learning this? Thanks alot
Here is my speculation. MWSF 02 will be more than just new great products like G5, new iMac G4s with 2 peices, or Newton 2. Let's think outside the box. Outside new products. I think it may also contain a joint partnership agreement or an aquisition of some sorts. Who would be the perfect partners: 1. In the digital hub universe, a Canon or Sony partner where Apple OEM's their product and makes enhanced firewired based digital cameras or video in an Apple wrapper...
[quote]Originally posted by TMA: I live in the Midlands area (Nottingham, Birmingham and Leicester are easily accessable via the train) and i'm wondering if there is anywhere I can go to see Steve Jobs Keynote. Do the Applecentres here ever show it? or PC World? (I doubt it but hey) I remember i went to see the last keynote in the Orange sponsored studios in Birmingham organised by macassist (http://www.macassist.co.uk) but there's no mention of it happening...
[quote]Originally posted by Xool: I am a developer and have used most major development environments, including: CodeWarrior, ProjectBuilder, and Real Basic. I like CodeWarrior when I was using 9, but once I switched to X I tried to keep up with ProjectBuilder. My Cocoa experience is limited, but with Carbon (specifically OpenGL) ProjectBuilder was great. In fact I migrated my projects from CW to PB and don't regret it one bit. Now about Real Basic. Its a...
Thanks you all for your suggestions. It helps getting your advice to start out on the right foot. I will use PB, IB and lean towards Cocoa.
[quote]Originally posted by Jonathan: I agree with Gorgonzola.. you replied before i edited my post to correct my errors. The fault probably rests about 90% in developer's hands, 10% in Apple's. 10% being the minor inconstencies in APIs and the utter lack of documentation. It's also the fact that the apps are coming from so many different sources: you've got classic mac os developers, old next-steppers, now apple-scripters, unix ports, and also people writing...
[ Did you guys knew New York was previously named Nieuw Amsterdam, don't you know that a lot of areas are named after dutch cities like Harlem, dutch city Haarlem etc etc... Interestlingly enough, did you know that the Dutch sold/traded new york(new amsterdam) to the british in early 1600's. Want to know what the Dutch traded NY for? a tiny little island not far off from East Timor. It had nutmeg which was a popular spice for the Dutch East Indies company which was at...
Hey, I am an American expat living in London. Here is the basic attitude, which really shined after the Sept 11th attack. General attitude was:: 1. It was terrible act BUT you Americans deserved it because of your policies (Some Italians in the pub actually stood up and "high fived" after one of the buildings collapsed). There is always the qualified BUT here. 2. They, Europeans and liberal Brits, do not like US Government. In fact, it is always popular here to go...