or Connect

Posts by eat@me

I sure wish Apple (or some developer) would create a Cocoa based Web developer tool. I really can't stand Dreamweaver, GoLive or NVU for that matter. All have unintuitive UI and workflow. If Apple did such a product and applied the lessons learned from iWork and iLife or Pro Apps, it would have a hot on its hands. Anyone else frustrated with shitty UI of Macromedia and Adobe products? Apple does it far better.
people who buy mac mini will BYKMM keyboard, mouse, monitor, otherwise buy the iMac G5? no one in their right mind is going to buy a mac mini G4 with 20" display instead of buying iMac G5?
See thishttp://www.thinksecret.com/news/0501briefly2.html
pussycat
I agree. Mac Mini is for those who *already* have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. otherwise, i would definately go for the iMac G5 low-end with mouse, flat panel display, and keyboard.
from a produc tmarketing perspective having a) garageband b) soundtrack c) logic express d) logic pro was too confusing. Like LiveType was squashed by a much better application Motion. The important thing is for FCP editors to easily create royalty free music without having to be musicians and use loop based mixing software. What will FCP 5.0 include in leiu of Soundtrack????
what do you think would happen if Apple created Office???? Microsoft would stop making Office for X. Then guess what would happen? People would not buy Apple becuase it is not compatible with one of the world's most used applications. Sound Silly? Not at all. Remember what Microsoft did when Safari came out? They stop developing and supporting IE 5.2 on Mac. That is probably the reason that Keynote is stuck in version 1.1 after almost 2 years.
I used to use Cleaner for a long while, then it died. Compressor doesn't cut it. Sorensen Squeeze is the best out there supporting many future Codecs that will come out for Tiger and advanced QT codecs (H.264 and its variants). Here is a great article on Squeeze 4. I used Cleaner 6 with Sorenson Video Pro 3.3 codec. The codec is $500 and Cleaner was also around the same. Squeeze is half that with Sorenson V3 which is still is the best video codec for QT until next...
My dick is bigger than this and yes, it is to small to be useful
if you are interested in VOIP, try Vonage. they also have a sofware service for your mac as well but extra charge per month versus on demand. look out also for skype. i use iconnecthere.com to use VOIP over my cell phone (Treo600) to make cheap international calls but no mac sw. i don't care for nikotel either...crappy sw layout and design. looks like PC people designed it versus cocoa people