or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

BI agree with that, too ...As long as I can opt in ...With today's systems you have no choice ... And most anyone who has your data -- sells your data to all comers ... This includes State Governments .. Driving records, voting records, tax records ...I think that Apple Pay has the potential of offering merchants offering consumers loyalty rewards, etc. -- while you retain your anonymity and privacy ... And that can't be sold to anyone ...I recently did n Amazon search...
Yeah ... "I'll have what she's having ... " [Rob Reiner's mother] ... Best line of all time ...Better than "Here's kidding at you, Luke"
I agree, totally!Apple will not compromise -- nor allow IBM to embrace and extend (subsume) their tech.Apple knows where they are going ... More accurately where they want to go ...It is to empower the individual ... It has always been to empower the individual!Be at work or at play -- doing stuff for others or for yourself ... You have the option to "get it done" or to do "something that no one has done" (and anything in between) -- your choice every time you approach an...
Logic tells me that you are correct that the cards will be with us for a while ...But, experience and knowledge of human self-interest tells me otherwise. If it is to the advantage of the consumer, the merchant and the bank -- they'll find a way to make it happen (eliminate the card),I'm not talking convenience, security or privacy, here, I'm tanking $.If all of the above can make/save $ -- then it will happen! ASAP!It's easy to argue that the merchants won't upgrade to...
Yeah, the retina monitor will come ... I think they are supply-constrained -- the iMac went from 2-4 days available to ship to 5-7 days.I got mine -- Looks great! I haven't played too much -- waiting for migration assistant to finish ... Another 33 minutes.
Because XCode doesn't run on an iPad, for example ...
Maybe I was a little flippant in my response.But, consider this ...You're in a inn outside of Geneva. You are carrying two credit cards -- Amex and Visa. The inn doesn't take Amex and the Visa won't scan.What do you/they do?Either pencil-rub or copy the info from the card to a receipt and call it in manually.So, the ability to scan a card is convenient -- but not absolutely required.Now, consider how easy it was to enter your cards into iWallet for Apple Pay -- the...
Nah!Physical cards are [or soon will be] history -- for savvy consumers.Nobody goes out and about without their phone. iPhone 6 owners won't need to carry credit cards ... owners of other phones will.And paying with ApplePay will be [monetarily] rewarding as well as convent!
This will come to pass in some form or the other ...SPS Pay (Simple Private Secure) with ApplePayreceive itemized digital receipt (secure encrypted WiFi or email)receipt contains UPCs * for line items when available (Merchant SKUs * if not)digital receipts will be automatically input into merchant-supplied rewards (earned/scheduled) appsdigital receipts will be automatically input into bank-supplied rewards (earned/scheduled) appsdigital receipts will be automatically...
Mmm ...From what I've read, it isn't private, though!Google, the merchant, the processor and the bank (and any hackers) have full access to your credit card data -- that's why it is limited to small purchases.