or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

There is value in getting itemize receipts for use in expense accounting and budgeting ...But, there is no need to print them out.The merchant's POST terminal could WiFi them to the iPhone in a future extension to Apple Pay.I'm
There'll be an app for that!
Yeah, except that taking pictures (or videos) with an iPad gives the photographer a much better [larger] viewfinder with which to compose the shot ...In this case, more is more ...
I stand corrected (and much better informed).VB aside, how does Office on the later ARM offerings compare with Office on the iPad.There was a time when we had Office on all our Macs -- but I cut the cord about 2 1/2 years ago -- we are MS free!I was most concerned that my grandkids in HS and Jr College would be forced to use Office -- but that's not the case and Pages/Numbers/Keynote meet all their (and our) needs.
I didn't choose my choice of words careful enough. And surely my bold prediction should be toned down to just being "in cooperation with and service provider". Actually in the same vein as Apple/IBM now. Apple has from time-to-time offered many companies inside cooperation in developing advanced software for Macs; Adobe comes to mind. I'm just happy that Apple under their new leadership continues to forge beneficial relationships with any and all tech companies that want...
I read lots of complaints of how difficult Office was to use on the Surface ARM ...But, isn't that all history? Does MS still offer an ARM-based Surface? I thought Ballmer wrote off $ hundreds of millions before he left!I may be wrong -- I don't follow MS much these days!
Hmm ...I think you may both be right ... and, wrong ...@ThePixelDoc: Right:the vast majority of consumers, likely, use an iPad as a single-tasked: a full screen (in-your-face) app that allows you to do something, then, maybe share with a server or another in-your-face app -- like editing a picture then emailing it to a friend.40-60 year old sales people and executives that are the most primitive of users and the most difficult to train@ThePixelDoc: Wrong:The enterprise...
I've been known to make wiled predictions, myself -- keeps the blood churning through the brain But, if not here ,,, Where?The 'Nix interest by MS is interesting ... as is the fact they got Office running on ARM iOS 'Nix -- and never got it to run on the ARM Surface OS -- whatever abortion that was!3 major Tech companies in partnership -- smells like restraint of trade ...To me the word partnership connotes a joint effort for a common goal (products and/or services, in...
I think that you're right about the Markup extension ...Well, maybe not obvious to him ... perhaps he had recently bimped his head I started on the Siracusa review ... excellent, but long ...
Easter Eggs or something more ...I just searched OSX Apple Maps for Stonehenge * ...If you tap info on the dropped pin it gives you a button for an ad hoc 3D Flyover Tour of Stonehenge only* Stonehenge came to mind because it was shown as a 3D background for the @PhilBoogie link to get your business on Apple Maps.Then I tried Eiffel Tower, Transamerica, Cologne Cathedral, St Peter's Basilica ... same thing ...What's going on?Then Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc De Triomphe -- no...