or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Got my daughter's 64 GB 6 to replace her 16 GB 5C. It is only slightly larger than the 5C. I got to play with the camera for about 2 minutes -- nice ... very nice! Bought the 5C unlocked -- that goes to my youngest grandson -- to replace his 16 GB 4S. I still want an iPad or iPad Mini (with all the features of the iP6+) -- These old eyes (and short fat fingers) need the bigger screen. I seldom make or receive phone calls -- and look dorky regardless of whether I use...
TouchID ... TouchID? It occurs to me that they never said that you had to use your finger for TouchID ... Not only could that make ApplePay more interesting -- but it virtually guarantees that nobody would want to steal your iPhone ... Eeww!
I think that Tim Cook has made Apple fun again!
AT&T reception is pretty good in the Bay Area ...Let us know how the T-Mobile thing works out, if you decide to go with them.I hate AT&T -- they seem to find a way to add meaningless little charges to nickel and dime you to death -- $40 for a goddamn upgrade fee my loard.T-Mobile offers better deals and even offers to buy your existing contract but I've heard their reception is shitty, here abouts.BTW, where do you live?
I got up before midnight PST and finally preordered 2 iP 6s about 2:45 AM. The 6, for my daughter, shipped on the 18th -- from Ontario, CA, to West Sacramento to Oakley -- out for delivery. It took a day and a half to get to the Bay Area from Ontario (International Airport 60 mies West of LA). It's less than a half-hour flight ... and BORING tracking. The 6+, for my granddaughter (camera buff) shipped this AM from ZhengZhou, China. It's scheduled to arrive on the...
I think that the competition is shaking in their boots about the iPhone 6 -- hell, they haven't caught up with the year-old 5S ... Reminds me how the indians must of felt in my favorite Basque Western movie -- where the Basques descended on the raiding indians by trampolining down the steep canyon walls while yelling a high-piched way cry ... Must've scared the bejesus out of 'em:
Ohhh ...
Ahh ... But in life, religion, war, survival and politics -- the winners write the history!
Say, in 2014-2015 Apple sells 200,000,000 million (IDK, 400,000,000 million?) devices requiring TouchID Covers, Camera Lens Covers, Sensor Covers ... The big question, then, is what is Apple going to do with all the single-cell sapphire that it has contracted? One possibility is the manufacture of semiconductor devices: CPUs, GPUs, RAM (DRAM and SRAM), SDD storage, etc. Sapphire has excellent heat dissipation and non-conductor characteristics. This means that, using...
Ahh ... One of these beauties should decorate every living room:Not only is it an heirloom / collector's item -- but it can be fitted with a big-assed multi-touch display ...That can be used from the top and the bottom ...