or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

With Apple Pay, there are currently some services missing that most merchants and some consumers want:coupons and loyalty programscustomer purchase historylocation aware recommendations/suggestions and current dealsSome merchant consortiums, additionally, want to track customers' locations within the stores -- and their buying habits.Because Apple Pay provides anonymity for the customer -- the merchants cannot gather any of the above data ... through Apple Pay....
Now, That's jazz!
... Then the beautiful woman sits down at the bar ...And the lawyer, who is only 5'2" tall, but emboldened by drink walks over and asks her:  What do you say to a little ****?The beautiful woman, turns, smiles and says:  Why hello there Little ****!
Tort reform!
It'd be interesting to get an Asomething chip (or 2) in a box like an AppleTV or HomeServer where heat and battery were not a concern -- and just let'r'fly!
I worked for IBM up until the waning days of the maimframe -- We held a series of seminars that promoted the brute force of IBM's latest ... We borrowed a theme form Detroit's halcyon days ..."There's no substitute for cubic inches"
Your link: http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/iPhone 6One touch to pay with Touch ID. Now paying in stores happens in one natural motion — there’s no need to open an app or even wake your display thanks to the innovative Near Field Communication antenna in iPhone 6. To pay, just hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID. You don’t even have to look at the screen to know your payment information was successfully sent. A subtle vibration and beep...
Please post links,
I did some surfing, and found that modern NFC terminals, likely, include WiFi for integration with the merchant and processor systems.What I saw demoed was an iPhone 6 with NFC and TouchID waved very close to, or tapped on, the NFC POST terminal to make an Apple Pay payment.I have not seen any demo of an Apple Watch making an Apple Pay payment.As far as I can determine: Apple has not announced that the Apple Watch contains a NFC chip, NFC Antenna nor TouchID sensor....
Yes they did -- on the announcement keynote!But, they did not say how or when.They did not say that the Apple Watch has NFC -- just WiFi -- and, later, that WiFi is off-limits to the developers.The current developer support for Apple Watch does not expose the APIs for Apple Pay ,,, maybe later!AFAICT, Apple Pay on Apple Watch will be supplied by Apple Apps only -- at least in the first iteration.In contrast, developers have access to Apple Pay APIs for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus ...