or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

It won't be too long from now when disgruntled competitors claim:And that means $ Billions to enterprise and much to gruntled AAPL/Apple fans.
Guilty ... Sorry! What iOS?
I toyed around a bit with WebObjects -- but have no knowledge of Apple's EOF and RDBMS.The DBKit sounds interesting.You may be right that Apple is filling a genius void.However, I believe that FoundationDB is more than just another DBMS.It well may provide a system-level solution to various data management challenges of the desktop, cloud, mobile and large data. The link below illustrates Recipes for implementing various data organizations/structures atop the...
Wow! You've given me a lot to think about -- to ruminate and digest. The second video above is near life-like -- nothing like the mobile versions. I bought République Episode 1 to see how it compares. As I am not a gamer it may take me a while to figure out how to respond to all this.You should write articles ... Really!Though, a solution comes to mind -- A new category: Mobile/Console games! A few quality, major, immersive titles that have comparable mobile and...
ApplePlay with ApplePay -- Wave your Apple Watch, iDevice or AppleTV Remote to buy content or in-app purchases.
Thanks for that video and the explanation.I compared the YT video on my iMac 5K (Running ElCap) at 1080P to Real Racing 3 on my iPad Air 2 2048x1536 Retina (Running iOS9).It was hard to judge the YT video because the PS4 portion was quite dark.I concentrated on the obvious like the reflections and images in the side and rear view mirrors. I also concentrated on the background -- the trees, rocks, structures and sky ...To my view the iPad Air 2 was considerably better...
Nah! About $4,000.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=11077432&InitialSearch=yes&sts=piWith 3 active grandkids with cameras, iPhones, iPads we generate a lot of videos and pictures. A soccer game alone is 90 minutes of video ~= 8 GB of older AVCHD and even more on a better camera.
Could someone knowledgeable 'splain to me the advantages of console gaming vs iPad gaming in some sort of reasonable priority?? I just don't understand! My grandson has a PS4 and it seems nothing special to me!
I wasn't clear! The files are replicated across multiple physical (or logical) servers and changes to any data is synched to all others. So, I meant distributed referring to location of the data rather than a means of transferring the data.It does mean that †he data is more available, because if one location (cluster) is unavailable FDB can select another based on workload (performance). As to download speeds, FDB data is encoded similar to a torrent-- probably just as...
Mmm ... Good points.But I think you * answered most of your own questions.With the new AppleTV, you get, say $50 worth of free game cards. You can register/allocate them among your AppleTVs, iPhones and iPads as you wish. Each user can either pay up front or do in-app purchase as they desire -- with a 1-tap transaction.Or just use ApplePay ... ApplePlay!* and Taylor Swift