or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Ha!I shoulda' assumed you were a Goat guy:
I'm not a member of any organized religion -- but, growing up in Minneapolis in the 1940s I attended Lutheran Sunday school. Part of every class was a fun session singing hymns ...What still sticks with me today (and sends a shiver up my spine) is Sunday School style piano accompaniment. You have to hear it -- kind of a mixture of Gospel, Blues and Ragtime.Paraphrasing Garrison Keillor: Our accompanist was a spinster lady and she would be exhausted after a Sunday...
When my late wife injured her back in the 1980s, she wore a Hardy Tens pack that was on a belt around the waist -- with stimulators attached to several places on her back.The pack had controls that she could adjust for the amount and frequency of the shock stimulus ...It got to the point where she could mask the pain -- to the point where the stimulation was quite nice ...She called it the pleasure box!
Though, there is really no substitute for the real thing ...
Is this a kb only? From the site it looks like a full-size upright with pedals.
Yeah ... You and the family are on that week-long trip to Disneyland/Universal ... And you start receiving SPAM in your email and search results::Who's minding the store while you're away from home?  Have ShadeyGuys Security watch your home. BTW, according to your use of Google Maps -- you were in Pasadena on the 19th, LA on the 20th, Anaheim on the 21st ... 
Interesting ...I'm no HVAC engineer, but my experience with forced air heating/AC systems, say, though the 1990's relied on metal ductwork to distribute the "conditioned" air from the heat exchanger at the furnace to the rooms throughout the house. These were large, say, 12"-24" x 12". Since the same continuous duct served all the room in the house -- their were points in the ducts where a piece of metal could be rotated to or open a portion of the duct directing more...
Ha! Always wanted to use that in a sentence ...- Eloi-free Applebaum
Supposedly, the ROI is on HVAC Fuel savings -- efficiently providing comfort at reduced costs. We live in the SF East Bay area.We installed a new HVAC a little over a month ago -- just as the seasonal temperature rises to the 86-90 range.Our last PG&E bill rose from $330 to $483 with the new HVAC and a "loaner" Honeywell thermostat.The contractor installed the Ecobee3 on Wednesday with wireless remote temperature/motion sensors in the upstairs bedrooms ...The ecobee has a...
The WiFi Motion and Temperature Sensor uses a 3V Lithium battery -- likely last a year???