or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Apparently, you live in the phone in hand, always connected world depicted in this video below ...I, truly feel sad for you and your acquaintances ... Johnny we never got to know ye ...
For the AppleTV, games, HomeKit server, HomeServer.For iPads, IBM Big Data, 4K video manipulation, drawing tablet/CAD accessory to Macs ...
I think we'll see something like an A8X for the iPads and AppleTV. Likely this chip could access more RAM -- say up to 8GB.Supposedly, Apple has a major deal with Micron for a stacked RAM based on Silicon on Sapphire. The advantages to this are less leakage == better performance == less power requirement == smaller, more dense packaging.There is also some newer RAM tech that allows fewer transistors/circuits on RAM.I suspect that IBM and Apple have some amazing uses for...
Here ya' go ...
FWIW, If you are an Apple Developer, the latest iOS and OS X Maps app has a Flyover Tour of Vancouver ...No Los Angeles, No Washington DC, No Berlin ... But we have Modesto CA, and Tulsa ... Modesto???Who schedules these things?
We have a similar group from New France in the US ... They call themselves Cajuns.
Ahh ... On my IBM trip to Paris and Sindelfingen -- spent the weekend in Geneva and raclettes discovered me.Sheena, a web friend, born and raised in Montreal turned me on to Poutine during one of her music live casts:http://sheenamelwani.comWhile working for IBM in Palo Alto, I spent two consecutive Februaries in Marshfield WI. * At Figi's Mail order -- their CICS order entry system would die under holiday volume. The one benefit of those trips is that the Figi's...
Since you guys are delving into the high-tech depths of communication and fitness -- let me offer a couple of my favorites:Raclettes ...Raclette or Gruyere cheese, metlted and served with new potatoes, condiments, veggies, prosciutto, etc.And Poutine ...Curd cheese (Squeaky cheese) mixed with special gravy -- and spread liberally over crisp french fries:
I have a mid 2011 iMac 27". OS X Yosemite (all betas) see the dongle but do not support it for HandOff, HealthKit, etc.I don't know about recent updates to Mavericks.
That's the other shoe that Apple hasn't dropped yet.It could be something as simple as an iPod with NFC (no cell radio, etc.).I've read that a NFC Terminal costs about $1,200 US ... if so, there's room for NFC iDevices used as anything from a dumb NFC Terminal (reader) -- to a complete NFC/POST at very reasonable prices.