or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Oye, oye, oye ... Well said!... here's a selfie of me not using my cell phone in class ...
Yes, he is so disinterested that he reportedly paid [estimated $ Billions] to acquire FoundationDB to address this very problem ...http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185397/apple-buys-flexible-fast-database-software-firm-foundationdb-with-eye-on-the-cloudUnlike some here, Tim and many people can fart and chew gum at the same time!
  subliminal advertising ====> Thank you for your order!
Not, necessarily true ...You can write a bot/crawler that ignores the meta tags.There are lots ways to access a web site without using HTML or a browser.
Bandwidth, Bandwidth, Bandwidth ...Harken back to those thrilling days of yesteryear -- the late 1990s -- where you were lucky if you had a 96K baud modem connection to the Internet. My home in in the foothills around Tucson had 48K baud service (when it worked) -- yes, 4800 characters per second!In those days you designed a web page so that it:would load in 20 seconds on a 24Kb modemprovided only the most important content -- say, an overview or summaryhad links to...
Yes ... The attitude of some of the rotating scanners/cameras appears to be at 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees like Hoogle and Navteq, 
  Apple Maps still needs work: This is Ronda, Spain ... It is buitl on a plateau 400 feet above the surrounding area ... Apple Maps shows bridges, buildings, roads and swimming pools sliding, Daliesque, off the edges. Apple really should fix this and do a 3D Flyover -- a most impressive sight!
AI Coitus Interruptus
I can build that watch for $82.25 * ...'Course, I'm losing my eyesight -- so I'd never know if I did a good job (or if it even works).* Using #2 ponderosa pine
Yeah ... that's very sad.I don't know the answer to that except regular contact with someone trustworthy who can explain their options and choices.