or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

IMO, the AppleWatch will be even more of a success than everyone thinks ... When the first iPhone SDK arrived, I wrote a prototype app that could be used to place an order at InNOut Burger (I'm a customer since 1951). I've been dinking around with the AppleWatch Beta SDK -- It's amazingly powerful, yet easy to program in Swift. Here's my first cut at the app on an AppleWatch. Lot's of possibilities, with an app like this; you approach your friendly, local Fast...
AAPL >= $120 Black Friday
Right now, ApplePay is being rolled out for individual [personal] use in the US -- with later rollout in other developed countries ... Next, ApplePay will, likely, be rolled out for corporate cc use in the US -- with later rollout in other developed countries ... At some time in the not too distant future, ApplePay will, likely, be rolled out in emerging economies, India, Russia, Africa, South America ... Then, there's this possibility: use ApplePay to buy/finance ...
"At this time, software is very much heading towards browser solutions. While it won't be the only solution, it's gaining popularity for reasons of portability."What you say may be true, today ... but not for long.I think that one of the major reasons that browser solutions are popular is that they allow developers to support iOS, Android, WinWhatever, etc with a common code base.But this comes at a price -- the apps tend to look, perform and feel as if they are written...
Yeah ... I was trying to learn the market via ChannelingStocks.com. They didn't have any recommendation on AAPL -- but I'd been watching it for years, and noticed it seemed to channel on a range between $17-$35...So I bought some, and sold it a few weeks later at ~ 6% profit ...Code:AAPL 100 19 Buy 6/23/2003 6/26/2003 -1,907 -7AAPL -100 20.13 Sell 7/7/2003 7/10/2003 2,005.9 -7.1I piddled around a bit, like this then decided to invest in...
Recently, a friend opened her first cc account -- a BofA Visa card with $2,500 limit -- included as an incentive was an instant cashback bonus of $200 for the first $1.500 she charged!I can visualize a similar offer for an ApplePay card -- where you use the cashback bonus to buy the iPhone -- the purchase of which, qualifies you for the cashback bonus.
I, too, believe that there needs to be a $0-$50 ($29.99 would be great) TouchID reader -- an ApplePay device that works with any platform and any browser ...And, I believe that ApplePay device should be a Apple/bank/cc provider/merchant-subsidized iPhone 6.The gift that keeps on giving -- "we will give them the rope that they use to buy more rope" ...
Then, there are those who play the virtuous circle game ... they invest in AAPL, use proceeds to buy Apple ... which gooses [appreciates] AAPL ...
Oh, IDK ... at the current 5.865B shares outstanding ~$170 (~+55) would do the job ... and it's ~+22 since the split.The big unknowns, IMO are Watch, TV, Pay and IBM ...Pay could provide tremendous entre/leverage to market/finance Apple products into emerging countries with populations in the billions ...IBM could result in massive penetration of iOS devices into IT, enterprise and institutions (and secondary sales to their employees for home use).On another thread,...