or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Mmm ... Good points.But I think you * answered most of your own questions.With the new AppleTV, you get, say $50 worth of free game cards. You can register/allocate them among your AppleTVs, iPhones and iPads as you wish. Each user can either pay up front or do in-app purchase as they desire -- with a 1-tap transaction.Or just use ApplePay ... ApplePlay!* and Taylor Swift 
Our shared iTunes Library is 5.35 TeraByte and resides on a 28 TeraByte RAID -- with various parts backed up elsewhere.I would like to see the new AppleTV with a reasonable-sized SSD for active storage and cross-loading. Then have an automatic percolate-up, trickle down interface with the Cloud -- where the files would be archived and distributed across many servers, for reliable access.That way, the stuff we are currently using is on the AppleTV SSD and everything else...
This is very important to our family. My wife died suddenly, unexpectedly at age 59 of a seizure. Our daughter has had 2 seizures. The ability of doctors to remotely monitor their patients could easily be extended to allow parents to remotely monitor their children, parents and loved ones.
I read their Wiki -- pretty impressive.But they're kinda' limited in format and video duration.As @coolfactor pointed out, Apple has all the pieces in place, and they could blow the personal content competition away!For example, Apple could offer a service where personal content is group-sourced by the user's friends.I'll amend what I posted earlier:The content is thee and me ...Built with a new iMovie ...Streamed from the Cloud, with FoundationDB ...Poco Loco -- a little...
Exactly!Three teenagers (and their friends) in the house ... Seems as if every free minute is spent looking at their iPhones, iPads or Mac Books. Sometimes they'll form groups and watch a movie or whatever!There's an opportunity out there somewhere ...
Traditional Content and UI/UX are certainly major issues!What is different now, is the potential to offer services over and above those expected (HomeKit, HomeServer, etc.).I wonder if Apple were to offer alternatives to YouTube (MeTube?), FaceBook, etc. where for for a reasonable fee you'd have a user-controlled, stalker-free, ad-free, gated (by the user) access to personal content.It would need to be drop-dead easy to use and packaged to appeal to the 15-24...
I'd put FingerWorks in there ...And FoundationDB -- which may begin to strut its stuff RSN!
There's this old automotive joke from the 1940s-1950s.Guy walks into an auto dealer and tells the salesman that he wants to buy a new car to impress his girlfriend:Salesman:   "Why not buy a Kaiser and surpriser her?"Customer:   Ehhh ...Salesman:   "Why not buy a Frazer and amaze her?"Customer:   Nah ... I think I'll buy a Tucker!Gotta' go now, it's Gruen Time!
... The content is thee and me ...
Here ya' go:Whoosh!