or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

No problem with that!I misunderstood your position.And that approach avoids the very difficult situation where the SDK release destroys the product announcement surprise.And, it encourages developers to innovate to where they become a member of the select few!We're in agreement!
Except, one of the big advantages to an iWatch is that the iPhone stays in your pocket or purse. If all a 3rd-party app can do is notify you through the iWatch to take out your iPhone ... why bother?Rather, have a cloud or iPhone app that interacts with the iWatch, e.g.:Here's a graph of your [whatever] activity * for today (tap to show graph against yesterday, week, month, etc.)* Activity can be anything from a walk, workout, bike route, stock/portfolio performance,...
Totally disagree ...Your answer assumes that only Apple has the answers for these devices -- and that only Apple can innovate with these devices.If you look around, you can see evidence that those are bad assumptions.Remember that Steve said that 3rd-party apps for the iPhone would be limited to web apps ...The original Touch Screen tech and later TouchID tech come from 3rd parties.Then there's the free Hyperlapse app from Instagram that synchs an iPhone camera and...
Yes, but they would have to open the kimono on the features of a new, unannounced product -- thus destroying the surprise.When you are talking about enhancements to existing products (screen size, TouchID, 64-bit, Metal, etc.) the SDK does [very] little to destroy the surprise of the announcement of these new versions.
Do you actually believe that Apple can release a device like this without developer support?I might have agreed under the Steve Jobs era (Apple had been screwed over by Microsoft for their openness -- and Steve never forgot).IMO, one of the overarching messages of WWDC 2014 was a new openness in Apple's relationship to the world and especially to developers.It would be a big mistake to limit developer access to Apple's iWatch/iWearable devices -- thus giving...
Interesting ... My grandson's birthday is 9/5. He wants a new watch. He is trying to decide on popular watches costing between $80 and $150 (the family would all contribute). I suggested that he might want to wait for the 9/9 announcement as Apple is rumored to be announcing a watch. After thinking about it for a while, he said: "No, if I got the new iWatch -- it'd only get ripped off at school." He has an iPhone 5 and about 80% of his friends/classmates have...
Yeah ...There is nothing in the iOS beta 5 (that anyone has found) to support a specific iWatch or wearable.There was no iOS Beta 6 release, last week, to developers -- though carrier partners got a newer beta.The next drop is due 9/1 (Labor Day) or 9/2 ...This would normally be the GM release (with request for app store submissions) for iDevices announced 9/9 with availability ~= 1 week later.The iOS 8 SDK includes pretty flexible screen size capabilities, already. And,...
I think that's exactly the way they planned it to unfold Benjamin TwineLet me tell you about my best friendWell he's got hair down to his kneesHe gets along fine doing just how he pleaseAnd I believe that we first metAround three years agoWell it feels like a lifetime funny how fast it goesAnd I remember how this one timeWell I stole his sister's carAnd he didn't even mind no he jumped in for the rideWe'd got miles away from anywhereWhen the panic soon kicked inWe'd got it...
I watched the Burberry show (filmed with the 5S) ...I think you're on to something ...Apple has recently brought on board all this "fashion" marketing/presentation talent -- including Dr Dre and Jimmy IodineTime to unleash some of that goodness on the [not so tech] world of Apple consumers.
According to patent info, I've read -- the small elevation around the camera lens could allow quick and secure attachment of external lenses.Previous iPhones give many DSLRs a run for the money -- except for the ability to attach external lenses.iPhone cameras already provide geotagging, image stabilization, etc. that are only available on DLSR cameras costing several thousands of dollars.It could expand the meaning of:  "The best camera is the one you have with ...