or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

^^^ This!
It's not just any old watch -- it's an Apple Watch ... Big difference!It's a clever way of capitalizing on Apple's brand and reputation -- while differentiating both Apple and the Apple Watch from the competition!IMO, the naming of these is brilliant ... and portends the release of new Apple products in new markets ...For now, if you consider buying a watch -- you'll, likely, think of an Apple Watch as a candidate ... As opposed to all those lesser,...
That last really deserves a Touché from the OP!
Ha!The iPod HiFi worked for me ...The neigbor over the back fence was in the 6th consecutive day of loud rehearsals of his band ... 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM ... all requests to turn it down were ignored ...Checked with the other neighbors ... put the iPod HiFi on the back patio aimed over the fence ... cranked the volume to max ... played about 15 minutes of marching bands *, bugle calls, calliope and circus music ... crickets ...* I played trumpet in HS a JC Marching Bands...
Totally disagree!IMO, the two biggest [long term] announcements this year were Pay and Watch -- and the branding was deliberate genius!
This is a good and reasoned post!Especially the last paragraph with which, I generally agree ... or at least would have agreed, had I not read:Suddenly the scales began to fall from my eyes ...People will not only buy a watch because they want to --- but because they need to ...Let me try and explain! The Apple Watch is an accessory to the iPhone ... But, the Apple Watch can also use the iPhone as an accessory -- as in @Digi's example.What makes this practical is...
Have a look at this:http://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/consumer-electronics/portable-devices/apple-watchs-wristful-of-sensors-and-memsSo ...The Apple Watch is a $350 device which can monitor some basic vitals, that you wear on your wrist. When paired with an iPhone running HealthKit apps (on your person, or within BLE/WiFi range) it can monitor/log/retain/analyze/give an alert of health conditions (as well as fitness).When will additional sensors be added to...
I tried to answer this question -- 2 before this post of yours ..."In all seriousness ... A few years ago, a scenario, similar to that which you describe, could have prevented a death in my family ... It really makes you think!"Soon, the grandkids will all be driving ... What's it worth to be able to check the vitals of a loved one or to be alerted when they are in a state of danger ... It's worth everything!
Or,,, Siri with the voice of Fester: "Mr. Dillion ... Mr. Dillon ... It's Doc ... Doc ... He's lyin' in the street, with an arrah clean through his neck .... Mr Dillon ..."In all seriousness ... A few years ago, a scenario, similar to that which you describe, could have prevented a death in my family ... It really makes you think!
Exactly! And you or the doctor can call Granny and read her vitals,