or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yeah, but Carlin knows all the words to ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay ...Apologies to Buffalo Bob!
Cordwainer Smith
... Only the lonely ...
@digi ...GoogleGuy is a troll -- and when you quote him in a post, he succeeds -- in spite of those of us have him blocked!
Yeah ... a MonoBlog ...GG's been on my block list for years.
I thought they changed the name from Bump to Hump ... Guess I was just dreaming!
Peer-to-peer AirPlay discovery and playback.With iOS 8, you can wirelessly connect iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to Apple TV without first connecting to the organization’s network. Which means you can present or share your work even if you’re offline or the organization has a complex network.Bottom of pagehttp://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/enterprise/
Several things:It was Taylor Swift -- she gave a bad performance on live TV the performance problems were reported in a very early beta inplemendation of Swift -- not unusual or unexpectedthe Swift performance tests were made with minimal compiler optimizations -- contained a lot of debugging overheadthe internal Swift sort was rewritten with performance in mindhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/24101718/swift-performance-sorting-arrays
Yes!And don't forget about the humble AppleTV. It is an excellent presentation vehicle for enterprise (as well as consumers) anytime the need exceeds the one-on-one presentation capability of the iPad. I suspect that a new AppleTV with A8X is coming and that the Apple/IBM partnership will have asset to the APIs.
I mostly agree about the hardware -- except we haven't seen a teardown/layout of the A8X -- we think there are 3 CPU cores and 2 GB RAM ... But there may be other things on the chip -- Bigger SRAM caches, DSPs for media conversion/manipulation ... There may be more than meets the eye.As far as developers, Xcode and Swift are key, IMO. I think that both need another year to reach their full potential.In the post after yours, I show how productive a developer can be...