or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

To WIMC: Saw your post ... Noticed that you are of Scandinavian lineage ... I grew up in St. Louis Park, a suburb of Minneapolis -- attended Lutheran Sunday school and 70% of my friends were:  ~son, ~sen, ~dahl, ~stad, ~stead ...  
PayPal is insecure because your credit/debit card and bank information are stored online on the PayPal web site and thus are exposed to hacking -- as are any public web sites that store your card and bank information. publicActually, the Target and Home Depot private web sites are less-suceptable to hacking than PayPal.Freudian slip: I kept typing web slite -- PatPal on my mind.
In-store Apple Pay requires a NFC-Chip and a NFC Antenna in the iPhone to connect with the NFC Chip in the POST TerminalToday, only the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus can be used for in-store Apple Pay.As has been pointed out in this thread, only these iPhones contain the requisite NFC Chip and NFC Antenna.The coming Apple Watch contains the requisite NFC Chip and NFC Antenna.When the Apple Watch becomes available in April, Apple will use the Watch's NFC capability to extend Apple...
Sure -- Actually, it might trigger a response by an Apple Engineer or someone else in the know ...
Well. I submitted the following to the WatchKit Apple Developers forum:Can you make Apple Pay payments on a properly setup Apple Watch without an iPhone connection available?Because of NDA, I can't discuss it much more than this -- even if the question gets answered ...But Paid iOS Developers can go online and follow it:https://devforums.apple.com/thread/260898?tstart=0
I await that preso!I think that an iPhone connection will be required to make an Apple Pay transaction on the first version the Apple Watch!If proven wrong I will be pleasantly surprised and gladly admit that I was wrong!However, I am willing to place a small bet in support of my position -- Interested?
1) BT could be used on the Watch to recognize iBeacons -- But I don't think it is a good idea because: Even BTLE will drain the battery faster on an iPhone when left on; You don't want a lot of unsolicited [iBeacon] notifications, so you'ld, likely, need to run an iPhone app to condition the Watch to only recognize selected iBeacons.2) Citation? The iPhone could be set to selectively recognize iBeacons from nearby Apple Pay enabled merchants -- and trigger a...
From what I've read, on the Apple Watch (and any iDevice with NFC) the Secure Element is used to store unique (to that device) Device tokens for each credit or debit card setup on that device.When you Apple Pay on the watch:the NFC POST terminal presents an amount to the Apple Watch for paymentthe user selects (or has already selected) a card for paymentthe corresponding Device token [/B is processed by some algorithm to generate an unique, 1-time, time-limited ...
I understand that and never challenged it! Why are you creating conflict when none exists?They're both rows in a TableView -- Shit, if it is necessary to convince you I can display images in my Apple Watch TableView and make it look exactly like the PassBook app you provided ... and the interaction between watch and phone would be exactly as described in my post.Hey, you're an Apple iOS developer. why don't you do some research about WatchKit (especially Apple Pay, and...
Your contention is that There is no evidence to support that using an iPhone after Pay has been set up on Watch is required..If that is true, then for Apple Watch Apple Pay -- all the iPhone is used for is a login screen/pin entry for the watch.According to what I can determine, the Apple Watch has its own login app/pin entry screen -- and just like the iPhone, it is a Apple Watch user setup option,If that is the case, then why would Apple Watch Apple Pay need an...