or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

"Public beta members will find the new version available via the Updates tab in the Mac App Store. While the exact changes are not enumerated, it likely matches up with the third "golden master" version that registered developers received last Thursday. " A golden master a day, keeps the analysts at bay ...
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/10/chinas-iphone-6-pre-orders-rocket-to-20-million.html
I always wondered what would happen if you put a twenty into one of those $5 machines -- bust wasn't brave [dumb] enough to try!
Online (web) Pay is the elephant in the room ...Walmart, BB, Sears, Amazon and others will have no choice but to accept Pay for online sales ...And the buyer, customer, will gladly purge all their online shopping sites (including iTunes) of cc data.Another thing ... I use my Discover Card for most everything -- especially online purchases. My Discover cc has been compromised 3 times this year -- resulting in issuance of a new card. Sadly, I had a few recurring bills,...
I vaguely remember ... er, ah ... what were we discussing ...Oh, yeah ... they called me "Hangers" in my table shuffleboard days ...
I don't understand what you're trying to say -- Nothing in Apple Pay prevents using ny other payment method ...The advantagesm of Apple Pay will drive its acceptance.
Didn't say it did ... but it could -- if the banks and Apple allowed it!You'll never be able to put a computer in your pocket! Never! ... unless ...
Or, maybe: What crud is in your wallet?
I admit to the inaccuracies -- I am not involved in commerce any more, and have no current knowledge of the industry -- however, I do understand risk, its costs and motivation -- and as you suggest, I tried to highlight the importance of security and privacy and their relative advantage by an arbitrary number value.I also agree with your other points -- the time is now!
Yes there is a protocol for adding money to an iTunes account (admittedly not to a cc) -- by redeeming an iTunes Gift Card.As Apple presented in the announcement, A [qualified] iTunes cc (currently AMEX, MC, Visa -- likely, soon Discover) can automatically be registered as an Pay credit card.I don't know if you've ever had a merchant account with a bank -- it's similar to a big credit card (or used to be) for the merchant. All the cc transactions the merchant accepts...