or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Great article, well presented! Didn't know that Pruneridge Ave was going to tunnel under the property ... Odd ... Don't know why ... But the site tour reminds me of my granddaughter and oldest grandson on a warm summer evening -- a few years back ...
TL;DR Forgive me if someone else posted this: If I were a merchant in a mall with an Apple Store which accepts Apple Pay -- I'd be damn sure that everyone knew that I accept Apple Pay, too ///
@SolipsismY was correct that you can use an Apple Watch to make Apple Pay NFC payments without the paired iPhone:http://www.apple.com/watch/apple-pay/
To me, research kit was the big announcement, today ... it will improve the lives of everyone! WTG, Apple -- making it open source. The new MB was impressive ... as were some of the Apple Watch demos -- making and receiving voice phone calls, for one. I got the impression that something planned was cut at the last minute ...no big close, and an odd length for the total event. Kevin Lynch, using the Apple Watch to remotely open his garage door was eerily familiar ... ...
Who will be first to abandon CurrentC for Apple pay?
Miss Piggy is damaged goods ...
One key difference -- they aren't giving any cc data to the merchant (or anyone) -- nothing worth hacking ...
Yes! Taptic could be bigger than Apple Pay on the Watch.Hospitals, security, law enforcement, military, education, maintenance, financial, transportation, sales, utilities ...I've got to stop this – – I have laryngitis and have to type everything -- I miss Siri ...
Good points!But two weeks later ..."Here are some industries that will provide an Apple Watch and iPhone for their field reps ... "Don't underestimate the worth of an immediate, timely and unnoticed [to others nearby] broadcast of a taptic notification to a group of remote employees.
Just for grins ...what if they present a solution for the IT/enterprise world ... Or something similar on a very large scale ...The naysayers, here, would crap their pants ... "well, if Apple is going to do that -- then all [negative] bets are off."