or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

LOL!Our cats tip over any glass left anywhere containing water -- and regularly knock flower vases off the tables, counters. mantel ...
I suspect that the Apple Watch will have apps (including Siri) to control the New AppleTV -- and through the New AppleTV, the TV Set, Cable Box (if any), Home Theater components, etc.
GG is on my block list so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him.As to his comments highlighted above:So, the person who wears a luxury watch doesn't want a computer on his wrist???Just what tech will they add to provide payments, notifications and fitness?It seems to me that those few features require Storage, RAM, CPU, Communications, Battery -- isn't that what a we call a computer these days?And, just who are they going to get notifications from? ...
No complaints -- but that may be bacuse of the extra chargers.
Yeah, you did mention AC -- but we recently replaced our AC & Furnace & their were some installation issues ... so my mind didn't interpret AC as AppleCare I have had my watches drop from the table while being charged (with a dangling cord). Depending on the band, the watch is clumsy to put on or take off -- easy to drop. Also, there was a recent article where someone dropped a Watch from about 3 feet and it broke the silicon crystal (hit just right).
Here's another factor to consider in ASP -- AppleCare for the Watch:Sport: $49Watch: $69Edition: ???We have AppleCare on all our Apple gear -- especially important for mobile -- the kids walk around looking at the iPhone or iPad.Anyway, there is some percentage on Watch purchases that include AppleCare. I have no idea what that percentage is, but I suspect it is rather higher than lower.When we had our Apple Stores, we (and Apple) really liked AppleCare sales. It was...
Yeah, a lot of stuff doesn't work with Watch OS 2.0. That's why I have a separate Watch for development.As to the chargers, IDK personally, but I haven't heard any complaints from the others.I usually have the charger on the table or nightstand -- with the long cord dangling. With the Milanese Loop band, I pull it all the way closed, so it encapsulates the charger pod -- then attach the magnetic end of the band, on the band exposed nearest the casing. This prevents any...
Your numbers sound reasonable ...There are also some intangibles -- Watch accessories -- extra bands and extra chargers ... both very high profit.Anecdotally, our household of 5 has:6 Apple Watches (1 for development)5 38mm, 1 42mm3 SS, 3 Sport9 bands7 Sport bands, 2 Milanese Loops10 chargersEveryone has 2 chargers -- one in their bedroom one downstairs (same with iPhone/iPad chargers) -- avoids fights!It is interesting to me, that the kids will change bands to suit their...
Somehow, I got on a mailing list targeted at Millennials ... It seems to target my teenage grandkids and and their parents who have have money to spend (theirs, or their parents). I didn't kill the mail because it gives me some insight what the sellers think their customers will buy: Most of the items are somewhat unique and somewhat pricey (to my mind) ... They seem to be catering to those who want to set themselves apart by their taste in clothes, accessories...
  Mmm ... Some thoughts on this: The S1 chip package consists of quite a few discreet chips from different vendors, many of which are new for the Apple Watch -- any of with could be in short supply It looks like the Apple APU and the SRAM are combined into a flip chip with one on top and the other on the bottom -- could be yield problems The packaging process of the S1 chip by ASE could have yield issues. Finally, the article or analyst doesn't state (or know) if ASE is...