or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Something(s) to consider... Versus the current iPad so-called 12" plus iPad Pro might: have considerably more RAM than 2GB have considerably more Storage than 128 GB have considerably more power -- CPU and GPU cores clocked at a higher rate have higher resolution display (more PPI) have USB 3.1 and/or Thunderbolt have considerably larger battery have a digitizer option have different jobs to be done be targeted at different audiences cost considerably more If true,...
I read somewhere that Apple might be considering using the MIPS CPU architecture -- which IP, coincidentally, is owned by Imagination:http://www.imgtec.com/mips/This could be quite easily done with Apple's [porting to multiple CPU] experience and XCode development tools ... And Swift could handle it with a modification to it's compiler SIL Optimizer step:http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/10/os-x-10-10/22/I suspect that this is already being tested in the labs!
Why?If people are still buying those devices at Apple's target profit -- why should Apple stop selling them?There are emerging markets where much of the population cannot afford the latest Apple devices ... but they can afford an older Apple device which offers superior results and satisfaction than the competition's newer devices.A creative company finds ways to satisfy customer needs and desires!
Extremely well said!
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/12/a8x-graphics-8-cores/
Love your name ... Maybe someone will pounce on GratefulUnDEDWhat this indicates is that we may soon seen new Apple Products such as:a New 12" iPad Pro / Mac Digitizer Tablet / Personal TVa Mac portable with mondo battery lifea New AppleTV / Home Hub / Game Consolesomething(s) we haven't thought of yet1) and 2) will, likely, be a result of the Apple/IBM partnership ... and be announced 1Q 2015.As I write this, AAPL went over $111 ...
First: iMac Retina -- 2-3 week delivery!Second: Right on about this quarter,Third: 2015CQ1 Apple/IBM Partnership products -- apps, iPad Pro?, New Mac Pro, HomeKit, HealthKit, New AppleTV/Home ServerFourth: 2015CQ2 AppleWatch, ApplePay 2, WWDC, someNewThing.then this ... posted to another thread:
Yes! Apple make things that people want -- and mostly, it delivers!This is no small task -- you first must identify a need, create a thing that satisfies the need -- then educate the people that they [need] want that thing!... then waltz me around again, Willie ...
If you guys want to play chicken and egg ...There would have been no Apple without Woz ... no platform for Jobs to create the mystique of [the first personal computer] the Apple ][, The Lisa, The Mac, NeXT, the return to Apple ... and all that followed!Strong financial backing, and the legitimacy of successful, experienced businessmen like Mike Markkula and Scottie attracted other savvy business talent like Gene Carter, Will Houd and others.Woz's personality and talent...
Nah ... Woz is pretty much 3 years ahead of most of us