or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I predict it will usher in a new breed of computers spanning ARM-only, ARM and Intel, and Intel-only ... for mobile, desktops, servers ...And they will include  in the name!
I suspect that the first manifestation of this for desktop Macs will be something like an iMac with:standard n A9X APUsBTO option for additional A9X APUsBTO option for an additional Intel CPUBTO option for GPU for use with Intel CPUSo, you could configure to your needs and the price you are willing to pay.Some additional things to consider ...Today, most of the major 3rd-party apps are available for Mac and Web as well as for Windows.MS Office already runs on Apple ARM...
Try again ... I'm just a regular developer (although a really nice person -- I OTA upgraded my iP 6+ and dloaded the new Xcode beta from the iOS Developer site ...Everything seems OK ...
Consider iOS as a platform -- Normally, for an actively evolving platform there are several separate supported packages:the prior released platform -- iOS 7.x available or some prior hardwarethe prior released maintenance platform -- iOS 7.x+1 available or some prior hardware -- maintenance updates, e.g. securitythe current release platform -- iOS 8.1.2 -- available on all iPhones back to the iP4Sthe next planned update to the current release platform -- iOS 8.2 beta,...
This is a developer update (only available to paid Apple Developers) to the iOS beta release that includes WatchKit.An update like this normally comes with an associated update to Xcode.The Xcode update would normally include tweaks and fixes for any resolved non Apple Watch features -- so most developers would. likely, install both the iOS and Xcode updates.So far, the update has not appeared on the Apple Developer site -- so there is no way to know what is in cluded!
^^^ This!
It's not just any old watch -- it's an Apple Watch ... Big difference!It's a clever way of capitalizing on Apple's brand and reputation -- while differentiating both Apple and the Apple Watch from the competition!IMO, the naming of these is brilliant ... and portends the release of new Apple products in new markets ...For now, if you consider buying a watch -- you'll, likely, think of an Apple Watch as a candidate ... As opposed to all those lesser,...
That last really deserves a Touché from the OP!
Ha!The iPod HiFi worked for me ...The neigbor over the back fence was in the 6th consecutive day of loud rehearsals of his band ... 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM ... all requests to turn it down were ignored ...Checked with the other neighbors ... put the iPod HiFi on the back patio aimed over the fence ... cranked the volume to max ... played about 15 minutes of marching bands *, bugle calls, calliope and circus music ... crickets ...* I played trumpet in HS a JC Marching Bands...
Totally disagree!IMO, the two biggest [long term] announcements this year were Pay and Watch -- and the branding was deliberate genius!