or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Like others have said BustBye is moot ... Walmart will cave before the holidays ... But the sweet irony is that Amazon's "one-click" shopping will have to support "one-tap" ApplePay. I suspect that just before ApplePay is available for use, Apple will announce, ridiculously inexpensive and simple, iPad POSTS with NFC that will provide ApplePay (and other NFC payments) for the small mom & pop stores / independent merchants ... Everything from a Flea Market, stall at...
Same here ...Now, off to bed!P.S. In your sig -- I think the name in Mickey Campbell.
Is the Apple Store web site still using that old NeXT WebObjects platform??? If so, that 'splains a lot of things -- and Angela has her work cut out for her -- bringing the Apple Online store into the current century (if not the current decade), Mmm ... Maybe IBM can help
The sad thing ... I actually practiced, yesterday -- navigating the Apple Store and the [partially integrated] ATT torture chamber (order one, then start over) and have everything reay to copy paste ... but I can't see any pasteies ...
They don't know who they are or where they are -- or both!
WOT -- While waiting, I'm refactoring some Swift code ... The ViewController can download a 2,700-ecord database from a web site and populate an iTunes-like table (multiple, moveable, resizable, sortable columns) in less than ,04 seconds with 7 lines of code ...
Actually, this is rather cathartic ... Having some interesting conversation with peers, a little wine -- I seldom drink anymore (or any less) ... just passing' time ...
Yeah ... Go to one of those numbered-ticket systems that they use in butcher shops ...Now serving: 1,023,412,507Your number will be served in 27,3 days, 12 hours ansd 13 minute ,,,
Yeah ... But I haven't done this in a while (overslept last year).From a programmer/web designer perspective -- what's this crap about taking the whole store web site down just to add a few new SKUs???I did better than that with a JavaScript Shopping Cart site I wrote in 1997 ...Sigh .. it's Apple -- they don't know any better!
C'mon Apple ... I really really need this -- so I can buy more stuff with ApplePay ...