or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Boom!
I think you're right on in the last paragraph ... no-one has a grasp of this aspect of the market.Based on many years of observing Apple (I started to type Apple-watching -- here's what I think.The Watch 1.0 contains compromises that Apple typically makes in 1.0 products:make a good enough product to be disruptiveget it out there as soon as practical to manufacture in quantityworry about costs, tech improvements laterAs such, the Watch 1.0 is an anomaly -- it's not the...
LOL!Our cats tip over any glass left anywhere containing water -- and regularly knock flower vases off the tables, counters. mantel ...
I suspect that the Apple Watch will have apps (including Siri) to control the New AppleTV -- and through the New AppleTV, the TV Set, Cable Box (if any), Home Theater components, etc.
GG is on my block list so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him.As to his comments highlighted above:So, the person who wears a luxury watch doesn't want a computer on his wrist???Just what tech will they add to provide payments, notifications and fitness?It seems to me that those few features require Storage, RAM, CPU, Communications, Battery -- isn't that what a we call a computer these days?And, just who are they going to get notifications from? ...
No complaints -- but that may be bacuse of the extra chargers.
Yeah, you did mention AC -- but we recently replaced our AC & Furnace & their were some installation issues ... so my mind didn't interpret AC as AppleCare I have had my watches drop from the table while being charged (with a dangling cord). Depending on the band, the watch is clumsy to put on or take off -- easy to drop. Also, there was a recent article where someone dropped a Watch from about 3 feet and it broke the silicon crystal (hit just right).
Here's another factor to consider in ASP -- AppleCare for the Watch:Sport: $49Watch: $69Edition: ???We have AppleCare on all our Apple gear -- especially important for mobile -- the kids walk around looking at the iPhone or iPad.Anyway, there is some percentage on Watch purchases that include AppleCare. I have no idea what that percentage is, but I suspect it is rather higher than lower.When we had our Apple Stores, we (and Apple) really liked AppleCare sales. It was...
Yeah, a lot of stuff doesn't work with Watch OS 2.0. That's why I have a separate Watch for development.As to the chargers, IDK personally, but I haven't heard any complaints from the others.I usually have the charger on the table or nightstand -- with the long cord dangling. With the Milanese Loop band, I pull it all the way closed, so it encapsulates the charger pod -- then attach the magnetic end of the band, on the band exposed nearest the casing. This prevents any...
Your numbers sound reasonable ...There are also some intangibles -- Watch accessories -- extra bands and extra chargers ... both very high profit.Anecdotally, our household of 5 has:6 Apple Watches (1 for development)5 38mm, 1 42mm3 SS, 3 Sport9 bands7 Sport bands, 2 Milanese Loops10 chargersEveryone has 2 chargers -- one in their bedroom one downstairs (same with iPhone/iPad chargers) -- avoids fights!It is interesting to me, that the kids will change bands to suit their...