or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yes!It hasn't been emphasized, but I believe that one of the long-term advantages of Swift is that it will allow system developers to write code that is closer to the iron ...I suspect that the Apple Watch OS will take advantage of this -- especially in the access, storage, manipulation and display of data -- first with the required iPhone -- but eventually as a standalone device.After all, access to Data is what it's really all about -- everything else is just...
One of the primary advantages of Swift code is that it's execution is Fast. Faster executing than equivalent Objective-C or C code.There were some tests run on the very early version of Swift which showed poor performance -- but that was on a Swift compiler that was optimized for debugging and not performance.With each release of XCode6 betas, the Swift implementation has improved. Underlying Obj-C frameworks are being rewritten and optimized for Swift.I haven't read...
Well said!
I think that Microsoft should carefully consider the name of their new OS and the implication it has on all of the descendants to follow ... With that in mind, I suggest: Windows Quaker
... Never hit 8 and 9 17 when you play against the dealer leader -- you know the odds won't ride with you ...... In all the bars along Main Street up in Redmond -- the dreams of the season supremecy All spill down on the floor ...Years. are gambled and lost like Summer wages OS releases...
I'm gonna' wait for WindowsXXX ...
Or, burns a hole in his brain by placing an iPhone to his ear ...
I suppose there could be. Though I expect that the iOS and apps running on the Apple Watch will be a lot closer to the iRon than either the iPhone or iPad ...If an iPhone isn't available, I would expect the watch would not be allowed to do any heavy lifting to replace that normally done on the iPhone -- no viewing pictures or searching email, for example.And the batteries in the band would continuously trickle charge the battery on the watch, itself.I had several iPhone...
What Apple is really good at is: doing a lot of little things that add up to the desired results.I've already hypothesiced that they will put additional squishy batteries in the removable bands -- I believe they have patents on this tech.Another big thing they could do to reduce battery requirements is to use Static RAM (SRAM) instead of Dynamic RAM (DRAM). SRAM does not need to be continuously refreshed -- it retains state. Supposedly Apple and Micron are working on a...