or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Add to that -- we have not yet seen a blueprint of the A8X chip ... 3 CPU cores seems a bit odd ...It could be that the Pro iPad uses a more robust A8X or even 2 A8X chips ... or early A9X chips ...And what happened to those rumors that the Lightening connector is capable of supporting USB 3.1?And, since Apple designed Thunderbolt -- could it be included in an iPad pro?Higher speed connections would allow an iPad to be an additional screen to a Mac ... say for digitizer...
Well ...Apple is kind of easing into folder trees with things like iCloud Drive, iCloud Photos, App Extensions and HandOff ... so, they are not entirely hidden!For the near future, I suspect we'll mostly see this implemented with/by 3rd-party developers -- for instance the Apple/IBM partnership.The capabilities of iOS and iOS hardware have grown significantly since 2007. The limit of a flat [no] hierarchy file system sandboxed within a single app is getting long in the...
I think that most brokers have a 3-business-day delay (the settlement date) after any trade (the trade date) in which you can change certain things ...For example if you sell, say, 100 shares of APPL from a portfolio that contains 2,000 shares purchased over several years ...During the 3-day delay you can change which shares were sold (FIFO, LIFO, MinTax) to have the tax consequences you desire -- long term; short term; loss, etc.
Well ... we'll be closely watching you ...Or you could PM me where you live -- I know where Sol X lived!Now, Just because I can:
See this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-dividend_date
It appears that AAPL and the stock market in general has survived yesterday's bump in the road ... http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/10/30/Optimistic-Fed-stops-buying-bonds-to-aid-economy/3181414646385/ Also worth noting that there is typically a lot of AAPL price volatility around the time of dividends: 11/10/14 - AAPL ExDiv 11/13/14 - AAPL Dividend
Done!New beginning for you?
Out of the mouth of babes: Grandkids heading out to Target to get a last-minute Halloween costume for my 14-year-old grandson ... 18-year-old granddaughter says: "Dress up like Obama -- then steal everybody's money."
Quite well said without a clever last remark!