or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I await that preso!I think that an iPhone connection will be required to make an Apple Pay transaction on the first version the Apple Watch!If proven wrong I will be pleasantly surprised and gladly admit that I was wrong!However, I am willing to place a small bet in support of my position -- Interested?
1) BT could be used on the Watch to recognize iBeacons -- But I don't think it is a good idea because: Even BTLE will drain the battery faster on an iPhone when left on; You don't want a lot of unsolicited [iBeacon] notifications, so you'ld, likely, need to run an iPhone app to condition the Watch to only recognize selected iBeacons.2) Citation? The iPhone could be set to selectively recognize iBeacons from nearby Apple Pay enabled merchants -- and trigger a...
From what I've read, on the Apple Watch (and any iDevice with NFC) the Secure Element is used to store unique (to that device) Device tokens for each credit or debit card setup on that device.When you Apple Pay on the watch:the NFC POST terminal presents an amount to the Apple Watch for paymentthe user selects (or has already selected) a card for paymentthe corresponding Device token [/B is processed by some algorithm to generate an unique, 1-time, time-limited ...
I understand that and never challenged it! Why are you creating conflict when none exists?They're both rows in a TableView -- Shit, if it is necessary to convince you I can display images in my Apple Watch TableView and make it look exactly like the PassBook app you provided ... and the interaction between watch and phone would be exactly as described in my post.Hey, you're an Apple iOS developer. why don't you do some research about WatchKit (especially Apple Pay, and...
Your contention is that There is no evidence to support that using an iPhone after Pay has been set up on Watch is required..If that is true, then for Apple Watch Apple Pay -- all the iPhone is used for is a login screen/pin entry for the watch.According to what I can determine, the Apple Watch has its own login app/pin entry screen -- and just like the iPhone, it is a Apple Watch user setup option,If that is the case, then why would Apple Watch Apple Pay need an...
No question -- the Secure Element is in the NFC Chip on the Apple Watch -- and in any iDevice that has an NFC Chip!My questions are what is in the Secure Element, how does it get there, and what is done with it? I don't think we'll ever know for security reasons.Consider Apple Pay running standalone on the iPhone 6:Something in the Secure Element (likely, a seed), is retrieved by the iPhoneBased on the seed, some algorithm is executed on the iPhone 6 that creates a...
The flash storage and RAM.memory to contain the code and the computer power to run the algorithm.AIR, the token has some encoding or some dependency on location so Location Services could also be involved.It could be different for some Apple Watch Apple apps and for Apple Pay specifically -- but, currently developers can only use the watch as a dumb I/O device -- an input detector and an output display.It's hard to get any definitive answers because the Apple engineers...
OK, It's my nap time now -- been up since !:00 AM ...I haven't paid much attention to Apple Pay, specifically, on the Apple Watch. I'll review the Developer Docs.But here's the thing:Apple Pay on the iPhone 6 and 6 Pus allows you to select from a number of credit cards held in the Apple Wallet app on the iPhone -- for each transaction.From what I've seen, Apple Pay on the Apple Watch provides the same capability.App (and app data) storage on the Apple Watch is quite...
I edited/updated my last response -- please re-read!Here'e the deal?Can a standalone iPhone 5, 5C or 5S do Apple Pay? No! (only the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus)Can an Apple Watch do Apple Pay without an attendant iPhone? No!Can an Apple Watch do Apple Pay with an attendant iPhone 5, 5C or 5S? Yes!Does the Apple Watch enable Apple Pay using an iPhone 5, 5C or 5S? Yes!
You are better than that kind of parsing!Citation?AFAICT, the AppleWallet app on the iPhone will need to communicate with the Apple Watch for each Apple Pay transaction.