or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Great points!Boom!
TL;DR! I posted in another thread prior to the announcement: Apple could/should use the Watch bands to contain additional batteries. The area within the band would provide several times the capacity as within the watch, itself. Obviously this would not work for mesh or link bands -- they would be fashion or practical statements. But, I suspect that Watch owners will buy multiple bands, If faced with a low-battery condition -- in a few seconds, the user could...
TL;DR! I posted in another thread prior to the announcement: Apple could/should use the Watch bands to contain additional batteries. The area within the band would provide several times the battery capacity as within the watch, itself. Obviously this would not work for mesh or link bands -- they would be fashion or practical statements. But, I suspect that Watch owners will buy multiple bands, If faced with a low-battery condition, the user could replace the band...
Those are very good questions.The only thing mentioned (AIR) was a WatchKit API -- I'll have to go back over the keynote video.But, as soon as the Apple Developer sites came back up I searched for anything to do with the Watch ... sadly, in vain.I got the impression that Watch will be able to be used (work) with iPhones, Macs and the TV,I suspect that the Watch has an ARM APU roughly equivalent of an A5 or A6 -- but with lower power requirements.If that is so, I...
Mmm ... Didn't Kim Novak live in Big Sur
I agree -- though I bought an iPhone 5S for the 64-bit and TouchID.For me, the order of interest in yesterday's announcements was:PayWatchiPhone 6 Plus -- because of OISIn our household of 2 adults and 3 teenagers, my daughter and my granddaughter (18) do most of the shopping -- so it is a given that they will have TouchID devices to exploit Pay.The granddaughter is also interested in photography, so she will likely get a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus.I am hoping that the new...
What piqued my interest is that the new product and service announced yesterday: Pay and Watch -- have abandoned the i prefix used for iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad ... I suspect that this signifies a new era where Apple intends to make their products as ubiquitous as Kleenex, or Xerox ...
Yes, and the iPhone makes a very nice communication and storage accessory for the watch.
You can quickly and securely buy fried eggs with an Apple Watch -- it will revolutionize the way people shop and gift.
TL,DR; Going to comment first, then read posts bottom to top ... Love the watches ... Wonder how much additional bands cost -- I suspect a watch oner will buy multiple bands -- a goldmine for Apple ... Think the rotating physical crown is a weak point -- suspect that by release they will accomplish this without physical movement (looks it was designed for that). Fantastic that the watches work with ApplePay! The iPhones make nice accessories for the Apple watches