or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Los Angeles has such a system that it uses to monitor and control its traffic signals:http://news.msn.com/us/los-angeles-syncs-up-all-4500-of-its-traffic-lightsProblem 1: The cost in time and dollarsProblem 2: Likely not feasible in metro ares with snow, ice and constantly torn-up roads -- ChicagoLand???Apple could offer this as a service to municipalities at a fraction of the cost -- and likely, provide more accurate results.Here's an interesting read about the failure...
Some more questions for @Relic, @Marvin -- or anyone with current experience in enterprise use of cellular: Question 1 Does enterprise pay for cellular data with a monthly charge for the device and a charge for data? I did some surfing and found a billing structure for enterprise similar to personal/family billing. (I could find no shared data plans in these offerings -- similar to some family plans.) For example, T-Mobile enterprise plan for 6 - 6,000 users...
I've refactored the formula, so it runs in a Swift Playground:Code:let AAPLsharePrice = (AAPLsharePrice > 99 ? println("🎉 Laissez les bon temps rouler") : println("😧"))Ah yes ... the stunning Mrs Peel:
FWIW, the best TV series I've seen in a long time is Downton Abbey.? AAPL > 100 NSDate
Wow! Great video -- they're not selling' soap the way they did in the 1980s ...You can easily see the native apps -- the executive spreadsheet, the taking pictures of, and rearranging store shelves ...Ahh, yes ... Sybase ... Sybase was the first major db to be ported to OS X -- I was a beta tester. FWIW, Sybase was almost identical with MS DB-Server ... the two companies collaborated and went their separate ways. Back then, Sybase was much cheaper to deploy ...Yes!...
Ha!@digi ...That reminds me of an old Bobby Darin song:With apologies in advance (gotta go put my dancin' shoes on ... I'm no swimmer, but were she slimmer ...:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/multiplication/id30394501?i=30394536BOBBY DARINMultiplication Multi-curation LyricsWhen you see a gentleman beeAround a lady bee buzzing,Just count to ten, then count again:There's sure to be an even dozen.Multiplication Multi-curation, that's the name of the game.And each...
Do you continuously carry your phone in that hand -- or, do you sometimes put that phone in your pocket, purse, satchel, backpack, on the table, on the desk ... ?Two points:The watch has to be within >4-8 inches of the phone for NFC to initiate a connectionIf the phone is off, the NFC in the watch will use additional power to wake up the phoneAs I explained in an earlier post, BLE is a much better solution (faster, greater distance, less power).
First, apologies for my selective quoting and clipping -- I tried to preserve the original context ...I have some questions about current enterprise apps for mobile -- whether smart phones, tablets or mobile computers.@Relic and @Marvin -- you both seem to have current or recent experience in this area ... but anyone else with enterprise IT experience, feel free to enlighten -- I really do want to understand this.Question 1:From the posts quoted above, it appears that ...
From Ken Burns' Civil War series: A week before the battle of Bull Run, Sullivan Ballou, a major in the 2nd Rhode Island Volunteers, wrote home to his wife, Sarah, in Smithfield. My very dear Sarah: The indications are very strong that we shall move in a few days - perhaps tomorrow. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write lines that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more. Sarah, my love for you is deathless, it seems to bind me...
^^^ This!