or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I posted my latest before I read yours ...You said it much more concisely and more elegantly ... wish I'd said that!
The're even more possibiliies!It appears that the SAAB C3 tech maps in layers, * e.g. something like:river/ocean bottomunderwater terrainunderwater objectsflat ground/sea levelterrain -- hills, mountains, valleysobjects -- trees, buildings ...Apple's WiFiSLAM tech does indoor mapping that can be combined with images.* If you watch the creation of the 3D grids of Apple Maps running on a slow Mac -- you can see the layers being constructed:  bottom-to-top, back-to-front.So,...
Yes!Also, the 3D filtering/layering of individuals and objects for video as an alternative to green screening and rotoscoping ... think of a photograph or video composed of manipulatable 3D objects -- after the fact. Lots of uses in sports, training, entertainment ,,,The same techniques could ne used to analyze and manipulate 3D medical images!
So, I infer that the VM software is handling the Thunderbolt interface ...I wonder what happens with Bootcamp.
That's a good question!Does any of the Mac virtualization software support Thunderbolt on Windows? On Linux?I only use Thunderbolt RAIDS for storage on my Mac.
LOLBest quote of the decade!
I suspect that it will be both!OS X allows:seamless integraten with iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches used internally by IBMseamless integraten with iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches deployed by IBM to enterpriseThe above is especially significant for those involved with the IBM/Apple Mobile First partnership, as most of the software is purportedly developed with Swift.SOT, I expected a new Xcode release for developers this week -- particularly for Swift enhancements ...Sigh...
A dumb terminal can be considered a workstation in some enviroments ... For some use cases, a workstation computer is used (functions) as a dumb terminal.
Rewards for using a payment system .... Hmm ... There is an elephant in the room ... Who gains when consumers use a payment system? merchants get sales they might not have gotten for cash merchants get convenience consumers get convenience consumers get recourse for disputed transactions consumers potentially get 1 month free float on their purchases processors get transaction fees banks get a percent of the sale With Apple Pay everyone benefits from the security and...
I don't know how to respond, we are talking past each other ,,, sorry I brought the topic up!