or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Your comments about Sears are interesting ...The credit card I use most is Discover -- minimum 2% cashback on everything, pay balance every month, no charges or fees, 1 month float, releif in case of incorrect/invalid charges ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discover_CardApple Pay is not currently supported by Discover -- though others have posted that they are making noises as if they will support it.I certainly hope they do!
Excellent! Incorporate Apple Map ApplePay locations and iBeacons ...
I think that iOS 8 (and its attendant problems/quality issues) is one of those watershed moments that occurs every decade or so. With iOS 8, Xcode 6, Yosemite -- Apple, essentially has turned the [Apple] developer environment on its head ...Never before have Apple APIs been so open, iOS so extensible/flexible ...And, new and expanded Apple Services and integration: iCloud, iTunes, HomeKit, HealthKit ...In addition, we have the potential of Apple partnerships: IBM -...
Or it could be:This old man, he played one,He played knick-knack on my drum;With a knick-knack paddywhack,Give the dog a bone,This old man came rolling home.Since. we're talking "China" here, the song has special meaning -- based on a true story: during the Japanese invasion of Chine during WWII -- where children are marched across the wilderness to freedom while singing this song to distract them from the danger and their impossible quest.It's a real tear-jerker ...See...
Oops ... Did I hit Submit on that -- I meant to hit Cancel.
Sorry, for the full re-quote showing the images again ... Yeah right!.There are two women in our household -- my daughter and granddaughter. My daughter subscribes to the Victoria's Secret catalog.I asked her to save these ... I use them to get a wood fire burning just right in our family room fireplace. They are compact, store in a minimal space and burn hot ...But, when you use them to feed a fire, you can't just roll them up and stuff them in-between the logs. ...
Bingo ...And, then 2% instant [merchant] discount when you use Apple Pay ...BTW, there is absolutely no reason that paying with Apple Pay prevents you from participating in loyalty, coupon and lay-away prorgrams!
AFAICT, the Apple Pay transaction will be better than a "card present" transaction -- because it can validate the cardholder's identity ... That should translate to less risk/costs for the bank, the processor, the merchant and the cardholder.
When you think about it, the need for a sapphire display cover is less for an Apple watch than for other devices ...An Apple Watch sits alone on your wrist -- it isn't sharing a pocket with coins, keys, nail clippers ... It isn't poked at with anything harder than a finger ... It doesn't get dropped ... Really, how many times hav you dropped a watch? A phone?Gorilla Glass would seem to be a better choice for the iWatch display cover [surface].The biometric sensors on...
I agree with your points! Especially, since the WWDC, Apple is more open with their technology than they've been since the 1978 Apple ][. There is great potential for this openness -- but along with it comes the messiness of more, and public mistakes.Case in point: Swift!I am a great proponent of Swift and its potential -- from wearables to enterprise and everything in between).However, we (Apple and Developers) are suffering the messiness of giving birth (or is it...