or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Mmm ... Some thoughts on this: The S1 chip package consists of quite a few discreet chips from different vendors, many of which are new for the Apple Watch -- any of with could be in short supply It looks like the Apple APU and the SRAM are combined into a flip chip with one on top and the other on the bottom -- could be yield problems The packaging process of the S1 chip by ASE could have yield issues. Finally, the article or analyst doesn't state (or know) if ASE is...
Yeah, funny though ...I am not experienced in the server-side of things (except as a user). I suspect to those providing public, private and secondary access (AWS, IBM, Google, etc.) that is critical to have access the source -- in order to quickly detect and fix breaches of any kind (security, esoteric bugs, deficiencies).So, I I agree that for those that need it, OSS has benefits.Here's an interesting site that discusses OS usage for web...
I liked the line in the linked article:"Many eyes give you many eyelashes, and not a lot else."Eerily reminiscent of the opening words to Malagueña Salerosa:Que bonitos ojos tienesDebajo de esas dos cejasDebajo de esas dos cejasQue bonitos ojos tienes.
Let's not forget the fun and games of the Spanish Inquisition (and others) ... Or, the Nazi Pope ...FWIW, I am of German, Dutch, Romanian (Jewish) descent, was raised a Christian -- Lutheran, Methodist -- have attended services in Baptist, Catholic (Mariachi Mass) churches. I married a Catholic and she raised our daughter Catholic. I don't believe in any particular organized religion -- but do believe there is/are things greater than we can explain which influence our...
Well said!It is sometimes odd how things turn out ...For example, today, much of the terrorism in the Middle East concerns the ethnicity and religions of the combatants -- as well as the rather arbitrary setting of borders by outsiders.I am referring to the UN and the Palestine Partition post WWII -- which, among other things, resulted in the establishment of the State of Israel.It is interesting that the USA voted against, while the Soviet Union voted for the...
Abou Ben Adhem BY LEIGH HUNT Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!) Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, And saw, within the moonlight in his room, Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom, An angel writing in a book of gold:— Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold, And to the presence in the room he said, "What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head, And with a look made of all sweet accord, Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord." "And is mine...
"What society does to its children, so will itschildren do to society." - Cicero -
Mmm ... I'm pretty positive about Developer betas ... Not so much about Public Betas ... I don't mind the Public Betas per se -- it's just that they seem to monopolize Apple Engineers who's time could be spent more productively. A couple of examples: WWDC2015 had lots of sessions (available on video) that demonstrate new features by showing/running code examples. In past WWDCs most of the code examples from the sessions were made available (warts and all). Not so...
Thx for your knowledgeable perspective!
It appears that are lots of possibilities with AppleWatch 2 and beyond -- it is not insignificant that almost all the Apple/IBM Mobile First offerings include Apple Watch as well as iPad & iPhone!