or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

OK, let's leave it at that!
Very serious!
@SolipsismY:  I was attempting to bring a, sometimes contentions, dialog back to a more civil discussion,Someone on the Apple Developer Forums mentioned a demo of Apple Pay on Apple Watch.My experience on Apple Developer Forms is that you have to be careful not to push too hard -- or you just get ignored.I wanted to ask the poster for some specifics of the demo he mentioned ... or at least a link ...But I did my own homework, re-watched the September announcement,...
We regularly frequent Panera Bread -- usually for takeout. They were one of the first places we were able to pay with Apple Pay. Even better, they added Apple Pay to their iPhone/iPad app -- we order from home then when we got to Panera, the order is ready and already paid for -- painless.I bring this up, because I can foresee a similar, shopping-service, offering by upscale grocery stores -- where you shop from home, place the order, and pre-pay with Apple Pay ... ...
Sol In your research on the topic, have you found any video demos of Apple Pay using the Apple Watch? At the September 2014 event, Eddie Cue Demoed Apple Pay using the iPhone 6 ... before the "One More Thing" reveal of the Apple Watch. They said that Apple Watch Supports Apple Pay, showed a slide -- but did not demo the Apple Watch using Apple Pay. I've surfed in vain looking for a video of an Apple Watch Apple Pay demo.
Sol, I've been re-reading our posts on Apple Pay on the Apple Watch. With the image from Apple's site, and the text you underlined -- I think you are correct to infer that the Apple Watch can process Apple Pay payments without an iPhone connection.That bothers me, because everything else that I've heard or read, leads me to infer that an iPhone is required.The inability to get direct answers to direct questions, suggests to me that Apple is intentionally being vague...
No, * first I've heard of it ... Maybe I should be -- once dated a girl named Catheter Cathy ...She's the pianist!EditL* shoulda' said: Depends ...
I agree with that! It should significantly reduce online payment fraud!In addition, I suspect that the Apple Pay payment process might be enhanced to allow users Opt-In tracking of Apple Pay purchases for loyalty/rewards.
To WIMC: Saw your post ... Noticed that you are of Scandinavian lineage ... I grew up in St. Louis Park, a suburb of Minneapolis -- attended Lutheran Sunday school and 70% of my friends were:  ~son, ~sen, ~dahl, ~stad, ~stead ...  
PayPal is insecure because your credit/debit card and bank information are stored online on the PayPal web site and thus are exposed to hacking -- as are any public web sites that store your card and bank information. publicActually, the Target and Home Depot private web sites are less-suceptable to hacking than PayPal.Freudian slip: I kept typing web slite -- PatPal on my mind.