or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

OK, here goes.: March 02 - iOS 8.2 Release March 09 - Apple Watch formal Introduction March 13 - Apple Watch Preorders begin March 20 - Apple Watch Available Online and Retail -- ships with iOS required on attendant iPhone iOS 8.3 contains Swift 1.2, and could be released anytime -- I suspect that Swift 1.2 is needed, ASAP, for the Apple / IBM partnership -- and could be tied to an iPad Pro. When iOS 8.3 is released it will support Apple Watch.
Mmm ... I always thought it was Fall Forward and Spring Back ...That 'splains a lot of things ...
Right now, there are 2 separate developer releases of iOS:8.2 beta 5 with Watch Kit8.3 beta 2 with Swift 1.2 (and other enhancements)I suspect that these will be merged and released after the Apple Watch ships ... Likely, the Apple Watch will ship with some version of iOS 8.2.Currently, all developers (except Apple and a few select 3rd parties) are limited to writing apps that run on the paired iPhone and use the Watch as an I/O display -- none of these apps are installed...
Apple Watch Pre-Orders begin on the 12th, 16th or 23rd ...
You bring up a good point ...I can remember, in the late 1950s, discussing the conflicts in Ireland and the middle east with co-workers.It seemed that the conflicts had gone on forever -- with each side trying to right wrongs committed, long ago, against their ancestors ... creating new wrongs for their descendants to fight over ...There seemed to be no solution -- and no way for the participants to take peaceful advantage of the benefits of the 20th century.Now, some 60...
I just gotta' wonder ... When President Reuven Rivlin visits Paris -- does he stay at a hotel on the Rue de Rivoli
There's money (big bucks) to be made being the default go to card for Apple Pay ...What's in your wallet ... Nothing!What's it worth ... Everything!
IMO, the smart phone is where the Apple I was in 1976 ...There are just so many things that can be improved upon -- and others that are yet to be exploited (or even imagined).People are filming videos entirely on an iPhone. Others are using them to control drones ...My granddaughter is very interested in photography and video ... Last year, after playing for 9 years, she outgrew the league's top age group -- she and a teammate (also a videographer) are thinking about...
Yep!Then there's this:
April could be the month that launches the perfect [Apple Pay] storm ... Who will be the first bank that offers a $500 cashback bonus for the first $500 charged using Apple Pay? For those who don't have an iPhone 6 or later, but an iPhone 5, 5C or 5S -- they will need to buy an Apple Watch to take advantage of the $500 bonus ... How will they pay for the for the Apple Watch -- you guessed it ... They will Buy the Apple Watch with the Apple Pay cashback bonus.