or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Perhaps you're correct …. It appears that the Apple Watch will only be useful to someone with a pulse rate!
I am not sure what Apple Watch "inadequacies" you perceive.AFAICT, the Apple Watch can provide all the "normal watch" functions without communicating with the iPhone -- and, so it can replace a "real watch" ... Though it's more accurate, can display several watch faces, and monitor/log health/fitness data.If desired, the Apple Watch can communicate with the outside world through the attendant iPhone.
I agree with your take on technology -- we must use it carefully, or we become it's slave.It is very easy to become tethered to our iPhones -- to the point that we're always connected to everyone ... everything ... available to their every demand ...I recently noticed that when talking with the grandkids -- they would listen, but, at the same time, would multi-task looking and keying into their iPhones. I told them that this was very rude -- the person in front of them...
Mmm ...Conservatively, Apple has sold 320 Million iPhones in the last 2 years ...So, 10% of that would be 32 million Apple Watches!I think you underestimate the utility of an Apple Watch.You can communicate, shop/buy things, control things (your home), monitor your health, monitor the outside world -- All with a wave of your wrist ... For most things, the attendant iPhone will stay in your purse, pocket or pack!It's called convenience!Can you save an hour a week? Do you...
I think you've hit on something ...A few related thoughts ..."Mama -- He's touching me!""It's not what you touched -- its how you touched me"Lady 1:   "Does his mustache tickle when he kisses you?"Lady 2:  "It's not if it tickles -- it's where it tickles!"
A more interesting survey might include: How many owners of iPhone 5 and newer are iOS developers? How many of these will write/modify iOS apps for the Apple Watch? How many of these will buy Apple Watches as soon as they are available? How many?
Yeah, the iPhone 1 and the iPad 1 were real bombs …
All this and the ability to buy donuts too …
At least six times here… To try and determine how Apple Pay works with the Apple Watch!
With Apple Pay, there are currently some services missing that most merchants and some consumers want:coupons and loyalty programscustomer purchase historylocation aware recommendations/suggestions and current dealsSome merchant consortiums, additionally, want to track customers' locations within the stores -- and their buying habits.Because Apple Pay provides anonymity for the customer -- the merchants cannot gather any of the above data ... through Apple Pay....