or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

One key difference -- they aren't giving any cc data to the merchant (or anyone) -- nothing worth hacking ...
Yes! Taptic could be bigger than Apple Pay on the Watch.Hospitals, security, law enforcement, military, education, maintenance, financial, transportation, sales, utilities ...I've got to stop this – – I have laryngitis and have to type everything -- I miss Siri ...
Good points!But two weeks later ..."Here are some industries that will provide an Apple Watch and iPhone for their field reps ... "Don't underestimate the worth of an immediate, timely and unnoticed [to others nearby] broadcast of a taptic notification to a group of remote employees.
Just for grins ...what if they present a solution for the IT/enterprise world ... Or something similar on a very large scale ...The naysayers, here, would crap their pants ... "well, if Apple is going to do that -- then all [negative] bets are off."
lI have no idea what ... But I've got a feeling that sumpin' big is going on!
Based on 37 years of observing Apple: Big event tomorrow --- with some unexpected surprises ...
Mmm ... It's called the Apple Watch -- not the Apple Wrist Watch ...from that I infer the Watch can be worn on other than the wrist ...Might make Apple Pay difficult -- but the tradeoff could be some interesting taptic notifications  
Kidding aside -- I think an Apple Watch app could detect a long/hard press and send an alert to whomever ...Even better, an app could periodically monitor the pulse rate and automatically send the alert when an aberition is detected.
Here's the quote I like best:"... it's worth pointing out that [t]here are very, very, very few products that allow you to hand someone cash and be given back TIME"http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-will-make-you-use-your-iphone-less
The idea of the smart strap interests me ... When the Apple Watch was announced, an electronically-connected strap seemed to be a natural for accessories -- such as a strap containing a squishy battery ...