or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Quite well said without a clever last remark!
Whoa! Those are beautiful!What are the long-legged heavy-bodied gray birds that look like emus?I'm upstairs now, but later I'll go down and look at these on my new 5K iMac 27.
I don't consider myself a hardened heart -- rather an open mind …I have been a member of Lutheran, Methodist and Baptist churches.I found many good things about all of them but they were ultimately not satisfying some inner need.I have quite a few Catholic friends and respect the way they raise their children.My second wife was Catholic although she had to give up the church in order to marry me.Our daughter and her three children are being raised Catholic with my full...
Me too, one of the best I've seen!
Yeah, we know … Just window shopping!
Got a website where you can strut your stuff?
Here's a thought: Tim Cook for president in 2016!
Some honest questions:Which God?What if you don't believe in God?Does that make you less moral, ethical ... less open to salvation?Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,And saw, within the moonlight in his room,Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,An angel writing in a book of gold:—Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,And to the Presence in the room he said"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,And with a look...
This has been an interesting and revealing thread ... And, surprisingly quite civil ... This is the web at it's best!
Well ...I chose agnostic because I thought it would get the idea across ...For me personally, I don't believe in any formal religion ... Nor, do I think there is a specific God ...However, I do believe in faith, as well as science ... and that there is some greater power (other than random intersection) that controls our destinies ...Call it Karma, Serendipity ,,, or just "things happen for a reason" -- as my late wife Lucy said it.Like you, Lucy was a "keeper" and my...