or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

You don't need to pinch the digital crown -- just roll a single finger over the top or bottom of it.But, I can see the Watch tattling to the iPhone:  Hey Siri, He's force-touching me! 
Actually, the curved top of the edges of the Apple Watch display are touch sensitive. Depending on the app you can pan or scroll by dragging on these areas without obscuring the screen. Nothing for zoom, though ... yet.
Not quite as trivial as you would make it sound ...Consider: You want to send a notification to Cindy:You know all of her device addresses!You don't know if she is using one or more of her devices!You don't know if she is within hearing or taptic range of any of her devices!You don't know the Off/On or battery/power status of any of her devices!You don't know the Internet connection status (wired, WiFi, Cell, no connection) of any of her devices!You don't know on which of...
Then, there's the  Grate [sp] Siri Face-off ... Consider, you're sitting around the family room, with several family members' iPhones and iPads plugged in -- charging or being used. You lift your wrist and to the Watch you say "Hey Siri" ... There's an instantaneous cacophony of replies from Siri on all your iDevices -- each vying for your attention ... "Pick Me" ... "No, Pick Me" ... "No, Pick Me" ...
To get a 3D Flyover tour of Modesto ... or was it Bakersfield  OTOH, Here's Ronda. Spain -- The oldest bullfight ring in Europe ,,,  Getting across the bridge or taking a swim is a little dicey ... 
Oye, oye, oye ... Well said!... here's a selfie of me not using my cell phone in class ...
Yes, he is so disinterested that he reportedly paid [estimated $ Billions] to acquire FoundationDB to address this very problem ...http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185397/apple-buys-flexible-fast-database-software-firm-foundationdb-with-eye-on-the-cloudUnlike some here, Tim and many people can fart and chew gum at the same time!
  subliminal advertising ====> Thank you for your order!
Not, necessarily true ...You can write a bot/crawler that ignores the meta tags.There are lots ways to access a web site without using HTML or a browser.
Bandwidth, Bandwidth, Bandwidth ...Harken back to those thrilling days of yesteryear -- the late 1990s -- where you were lucky if you had a 96K baud modem connection to the Internet. My home in in the foothills around Tucson had 48K baud service (when it worked) -- yes, 4800 characters per second!In those days you designed a web page so that it:would load in 20 seconds on a 24Kb modemprovided only the most important content -- say, an overview or summaryhad links to...