or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Ha!Then, of course you'll remember the cannibal song by Hank Williams, Sr.
You Young 'uns ... In my day, the premier singer, songwriter, lyricist was Johnny Mercer: Academy Awards Mercer won four Academy Awards on eighteen nominations for Best Original Song: 1946: "On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe" (music by Harry Warren) for The Harvey Girls 1951: "In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening" (music by Hoagy Carmichael) for Here Comes the Groom 1961: "Moon River" (music by Henry Mancini) for Breakfast at Tiffany's 1962: "Days of Wine and...
Mmmm ... A sweaty, balding Taylor Swift bouncing around the stage ...The mind conjure and the stomach turns!
That's a good question!The version 2.0 Language Spec almost has to be finalized to meet a fall Open Source release.The way the game is played, I suspect that an announcement of a Swift 2 release dates and a new Swift 3.0 spec is not far behind (though not at this event).Swift 3.0 will, likely, have some new APIs for new hardware & features as well as Cloud Services (IBM, Apple, others), gaming engines, etc.At some point, in the not too distant future, Apple will have...
Hey, Siri ... You're beginning to look a lot like Shrek!
Gene, Gene, Gene ...  You're really falling down on the job -- The New Apple Car will come with a New Apple TV Set!
Why bother/
It won't be too long from now when disgruntled competitors claim:And that means $ Billions to enterprise and much to gruntled AAPL/Apple fans.
Guilty ... Sorry! What iOS?
I toyed around a bit with WebObjects -- but have no knowledge of Apple's EOF and RDBMS.The DBKit sounds interesting.You may be right that Apple is filling a genius void.However, I believe that FoundationDB is more than just another DBMS.It well may provide a system-level solution to various data management challenges of the desktop, cloud, mobile and large data. The link below illustrates Recipes for implementing various data organizations/structures atop the...