or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

The flash storage and RAM.memory to contain the code and the computer power to run the algorithm.AIR, the token has some encoding or some dependency on location so Location Services could also be involved.It could be different for some Apple Watch Apple apps and for Apple Pay specifically -- but, currently developers can only use the watch as a dumb I/O device -- an input detector and an output display.It's hard to get any definitive answers because the Apple engineers...
OK, It's my nap time now -- been up since !:00 AM ...I haven't paid much attention to Apple Pay, specifically, on the Apple Watch. I'll review the Developer Docs.But here's the thing:Apple Pay on the iPhone 6 and 6 Pus allows you to select from a number of credit cards held in the Apple Wallet app on the iPhone -- for each transaction.From what I've seen, Apple Pay on the Apple Watch provides the same capability.App (and app data) storage on the Apple Watch is quite...
I edited/updated my last response -- please re-read!Here'e the deal?Can a standalone iPhone 5, 5C or 5S do Apple Pay? No! (only the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus)Can an Apple Watch do Apple Pay without an attendant iPhone? No!Can an Apple Watch do Apple Pay with an attendant iPhone 5, 5C or 5S? Yes!Does the Apple Watch enable Apple Pay using an iPhone 5, 5C or 5S? Yes!
You are better than that kind of parsing!Citation?AFAICT, the AppleWallet app on the iPhone will need to communicate with the Apple Watch for each Apple Pay transaction.
Isn't that what I said?You cannot do Apple Pay solely on any iPhone except an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 plus.Earlier iPhones no not have NFC or the Secure Element in the NFC Chip.The Apple Watch has a NFC Chip with a Secure Element. When paired with an iPhone 5 or Later, Apple Watch can make Apple Pay payments!http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/
Since we have a term limit for the Executive -- term limits for the Senate and House would appear to make sense.The Executive was originally perceived as providing timely decision-making ability with powers limited by Congress -- no kings here!The Senate was originally perceived as a Patrician (land holders) body that would supply selfless wisdom and continuity -- longer 6-year termsThe House Representative was perceived as one of the common people -- where a member of the...
The Apple Watch will enable Apple Pay on iPhone 5, 5C and 5S -- so that could greatly increase the Apple Pay-capable iPhone population.In our household, the adults have iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The kids have iPhone 5 or better,I would like to see the Apple Pay-Bank arrangement expanded as follows:the Adult card owner sets a sub-account limit (reserve) for each child 13-17the children can use their iPhone or Apple Watch to purchase up to their individual limitassumably...
I seldom use PayPal -- only as a last resort! Maybe 1-2 times per year. Yet I have had mistaken transactions which took weeks to reverse.With Apple Pay the only people who have your credit card data are you and your bank. You purchase things with a perishable, one-time token which has no information about you, your bank account or your credit information ... it is useless to hackers.With PayPal, and online sites like Amazon, they save (or you repetitively, optionally...
Using Senator Carl Levin, D. MI, -- as a impartial judge of tax policy boggles the mind!Levin and his like are responsible for the Shining City on the Hill -- that is Detroit -- politicians, with a vested interest (in power, re-election, personal reward ...) going wild with spending the tax-payers' money to the benefit of a few.... Don't get me started ... It is amazing how someone, of ordinary means, can devote their life to Public Service -- and amass a personal...
I would add to that non-citizen legal immigrants!