or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I can't right now, I'm using migration assistant on my Yosemite HD. But, that's why they called it a "preview" release.
Yeah, I didn't notice that!Also, AI often renders improperly on iOS 8 -- missing content, intermixed markup, content rendered too smLl ....Likely, this is partially iOS 8 fault and partially AIs fault.One issue with iOS 8 Safari is that automatic minimization of the page top eliminates the tab bar -- you must scroll down a bit in the forum (losing your place) in order to make the tab bar reappear.
Video won't play if viewing this site with iOS 8.
I suspect that a new AppleTV will contain the A8 APU and more RAM and SSD storage, and the ams Metal and 1080P video decoder that were shown in the keynote. This would make the new AppleTV capable of playing console-class games on the AppleTV and/or AirPlayed from iOS 8 devices. I'd bet that the iPad game demos shown were running on A8 hardware.
Yeah ... my bad -- sorry!
http://swift-lang.org
You guys are both right on!IMO, this is the most significant announcement(s) that Apple has ever made -- and it didn't include any hardware. *In both OS X and iOS Apple has set the bar for the next 10 years. All this and a new programming language with ability to do interactive programming and running of an app.Then there's the iCloud ... And the new apps ... And .... And ...I suspect within a few weeks Apple will make some separate hardware announcements to exploit...
Ha! The only "insiders" I ever dealt with were "lumpers" when we had a booth at the 1979 Computer Faire.
... She shall have music wherever she goes!
Many here, including myself, think that WWDC 2014 is shaping up to be fully whelmed.