or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Ahh ... But in life, religion, war, survival and politics -- the winners write the history!
Say, in 2014-2015 Apple sells 200,000,000 million (IDK, 400,000,000 million?) devices requiring TouchID Covers, Camera Lens Covers, Sensor Covers ... The big question, then, is what is Apple going to do with all the single-cell sapphire that it has contracted? One possibility is the manufacture of semiconductor devices: CPUs, GPUs, RAM (DRAM and SRAM), SDD storage, etc. Sapphire has excellent heat dissipation and non-conductor characteristics. This means that, using...
Ahh ... One of these beauties should decorate every living room:Not only is it an heirloom / collector's item -- but it can be fitted with a big-assed multi-touch display ...That can be used from the top and the bottom ...
Ahh ... So there are upper limits on the amount you can charge with contact-less transactions.That should be an incentive for ApplePay TouchID-secured transactions for non-US implementations on existing NFC systems.Maybe it was you, or someone else, knowledgeable of non-US NFC systems -- said that third-party processors are responsible for transaction processing (and security?) and generate most of the costs of contact-less transactions ...And, that neither the merchants,...
I can recommend The Promise Pegasus 12 RAID (10 TB) -- Thunderbolt 1. I have two -- they are top quality as if made by Apple. Zero problems -- even pulled a drive out while it was running. There is no fan or other noise.Likely, I will go for the next Mac Pro and add a new Pegasus RAID with Thunderbolt 2.We have shared consolidated iTunes (5.28 TB) and iPhoto (321.33 GB) libraries -- both reside on the Pegasus RAIDS -- and are up 24/7 as is my iMac 27. Also there are...
Consider the scale: Apple / iTunes -- maybe 10,000 (with iP6 devices) ApplePay users out of 500 million. Banks -- maybe 3-5 Merchants, say 2,000 of 220,000 vendor locations equipped for EMV. Do you know anyone who can maanage that deployment -- in 2 weeks ... I don't! ... Other than the Grand old Duke of York.
[[SPOILER]]Link?In any case, I would expect that Apple, banks and merchants are working balls-out to get ready for the initial availability/deployment of ApplePay ...Logistically, this is a very involved (testing and debugging) rollout ... Mid-October is doable, but quite ambitious, IMO!
Oh, The grand old Duke of York, He had ten thousand men; He marched them up to the top of the hill, And he marched them down again. And when they were up, they were up, And when they were down, they were down, And when they were only half-way up They were neither up nor down. They were all fucked up!
Realistically, the iP6s will first arrive on the 19th.It will take at least an hour to activate the phones.Then, each iP6 will need to be updated from the IOS 8.0 GM that is on the shipping iP6s.That's at least a 1+ hour download (from overwhelmed web sites).Then the actual install -- and possible re-activation ... Another hour ...Then, updates to apps for iP6 ...I suspect that much of the above will [need to] be repeated when ApplePay is released ...Then, everyone...
No ... See the Apple site or the keynote!