or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

First video looks great!Second video reminds me of a Apple ][ app using 280×192 high-resolution graphics that Bruce Henderson was writing in 1979 ... What's that all about?
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/12/alibabas-alipay-rolls-out-update-to-mobile-app-accepting-apples-touch-id-for-making-mobile-payments.html
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/12/alibabas-alipay-rolls-out-update-to-mobile-app-accepting-apples-touch-id-for-making-mobile-payments.html
Mmm ... I tried looking up the BOM costs for a new iPhone or iPad, so I could extrapolate the cost of TouchID ... No Luck. But let's explore the idea of a dedicated TouchID component that could be included in any device from an iPhone, to a Mac, to a Display (or TV) -- and even to dumb devices such as a Mouse, Trackpad, TV Remote ... or even a inexpensive [free?] TouchID device like a plastic credit card. Of course, TouchID setup would require a computer,...
I'm retired, but I used to travel a lot on business ...The convenience of TouchID for a [business] traveler is a no-brainer -- all my stuff is safe and secure -- but immediately accessible at my fingertips!In addition, I can board a plane, visit with mon ami Jaques Daniels at the bar, pay for dinner, open the door to my hotel room, buy a gift for the wife and kids ...
Remember when Apple introduced the smart cover for the iPad 2 ... I said at the time, that I'd buy an iPad 2 just so I could use the smart cover ... I did!TouchID, for all its benefits, boils down to this:"Reliable, safe, secure, private, fast, easy" are givens ...It's all about convenience ...People are buying iPhones to get the convenience that TouchID unlocks!
Tho ... There may be breakthroughs on the near horizon ...http://www.micron.com/products/hybrid-memory-cubeAlso, at some point, it may be beneficial to use SRAM instead of DRAM -- size vs power ...
This is true.For example, the A8 and A8X have the capability to play 4K video -- which gobbles storage at 1 GB/sec ... The key is to be able to efficently stream, cache, buffer and play the video ... All of the video need not be on the iDevice to be played.But, it is [somewhat] important to make a distinction between the app code, and the data that the app code uses ... You can write a rather simple app that plays video from the web that only takes a few K of storage on...
The IOT has at least one more vector -- the scary one ...Today, we can get chips embedded in our pets -- that ID them for lost and found, shots ...In not too many years, governments will try to do the same with humans -- lotsa' so-called benefits will be attractive ... tempting ... All we need do is sacrifice our individuality and control of our lives in exchange for goodies and convenience.Sadly, much of this is already in place! If you carry a smart phone (which hasn't...
The manifest persiflage evinced in your rejoinder demonstrates desultory discomfiture with the repartee ...poo poo pee doo