or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Mmm ...Greece ... What a disaster, from everything I read. Economy in ruins ... becoming a welfare state.It's a pity, that a tourist destination like Greece doesn't take a more proactive part in promoting tourism.It would seem that they could pay someone $millions to create Street View and Flyover maps and easily recoup that with increased tourist trade and the supporting jobs.I can envision someone with an iPad (travel agent or tourist) running an app [using Apple Maps...
Ha! A man who knows his automobiles!The big question, though -- Are those Apple Vans equipped with CarPlay
Exactly! Posted this on another thread:
I think Apple is planning to do something disruptive with maps ...This could include:3D Flyover enhancements and more sites3D Flythrough with dronesSimulated lighting, shadows -- positioning and time of dayStreet ViewCrowd-sourced images and videosIndoor mappingSeamless integration of the above.There have been great improvements to the mapping APIs available to developers -- almost anything you can do using the dedicated Apple Maps app (both iOS and OS X) can now be...
LOL.Gengis Khan also pulled his music from streaming on Botoxify ...
... I thought, at WWDC, Apple said that they were going to open-source Swift ...
You done broke the code!... it's called disruption -- and not just for artists on the Indie labels ...But, the labels still have the Payola card to play!
If you look at the attitude of the cameras (LIDAR) on Apple's vans they are different from Nokia's and Googles ...Apple's are at about a 45° angle to the street, sky and buildings. Google's and Nokia's are 90° to the street.To me, this suggests that Apple can gather photos and 3D data that is more robust than just the front of a building ... rather that they (in the future) can computationally create a 90° image and 3D representation and interweave it with 3D...
True, Tucson lacks the smog, heat islands and traffic congestion of Phoenix ...But they have beautiful desert areas, Rancho sin vacas, mesquite bosques, the southernmost Ski area in the US ... the U of A Wildcats ...Bear Down Wildcats! Go Steve Kerr, Go Warriors!and this:I hope when they do 3D Flyover for Tucson they do at least 2 versions -- regular and desert in bloom (about a month after a wet winter monsoons).
I just Watched the WDDC What's New In Mapkit video ... Nothing about Walkthrough, but it did include FlyOver.Basically, they've enhanced the existing API to add 3D Satellite and Hybrid view camera placement and manipulation within your app.There were two interesting demos of Flyover:Use of code to take a 3D Snapshot to show when you click/tap on a POI pin.Use of code to create an animated 3D FlyOver video similar to the Apple-supplied FlyOver Tours.The demos were...